Day at Sri Fort Sports Complex - shooting range

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Day at Sri Fort Sports Complex - shooting range

Post by kanwal » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Guys,

I went to SFSC - Air Shooting Range last Sunday. Here is my experience of the same.

Range is open from 6AM to 8.30PM, but was told to arrive after 7AM as staff arrives till than time.
I arrived there at 2.30PM, Shooting range is just near the entrance gate and has ample of parking space.

I went straightly to the shooting area, there were about 4 shooter's practicing there all aged between 15 ~ 18 years. Young guys were having bulls-eye shoots one after another.

I just waited behind the railing and watched them few minutes and had a good look at the area.

There are total 12 target points in this range of 10 meters, out of these 2 are moving target points.

All the equipments which was being used / available was high quality imported stuff (Co2 Type) didn’t saw anyone using Springer’s there. We can use our own equipments too.

The charges are as follows for NON-MEMBERS: :shock:

Target Paper - Rs.2 each
Rifle - Rs.50 Per Hour ( Imported )
Pistol - Rs.50 Per Hour ( Imported )
Pellets - Rs.1.50 Each ( Imported )

After watching them for about 30 mins I went to the Administrator / instructor, Mr. Sharma he is a cool & helpful person. He told me that Jaspal Rana is a frequent visition here and guide’s new one free or charge. They also conduct shooting competitions there. He gave me Target Paper, Air pistol and few pellets without and pre-payment. There I am at range with all stuff for the very first time.

Mr.Sharma came upto me guided me how to hold, load, aim, position myself...etc. I shooted about 20-25 rounds. Man its not that easy and watching young ones getting perfect scores, it made me RED :oops: ….I'll scan my report card ( target paper after shooting ) some other day.

Finally I went back to Mr.Sharma, showed my paper to him and submitted back equipment and paid a totally Rs.70, gosh man that’s too nominal. He gave me few more tips about adjusting the gun, gripping, hold power which I’ll take care in next session. By the time I left there were about 8 – 9 people using the range. Overall it was a good start. Hope these details helped you to make your plans ….. See you there soon :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:42 pm

Great initiative... just make it a regular feature and slowly think about getting your own gun.

Sid, didn't u join in ? I thought u guys wud have gone, met and shot together ??

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:50 pm

Nah the plan was for sat. and no one was there. plus my air rifle aint zeroed so no point taking it there until am accompanying some one who knows how to zero in a rifle, for my experiment ain't heeding much benifits nor making it shoot straight :(

may be some other time. though i do confess Kanwal called me but i was preoccupied so couldn't join him :( but next week end i'll post when i am going there and not wait for others to confirm and if needed i would hire their rile like last time and get plinking :D

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Day at Sri Fort Sports Complex - shooting range

Post by kanwal » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Hey Sid, you could have taken advice from the instructor there....I think he can help ....... anyway I'll be there this week too. Can pre-plan. Hope other will join too.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:09 pm

Sure mate
just sms me a few hours before you plan to go there or if for the week end lemme know we'll hit some bullseye (there no harm in dreaming) :D

Cheers
Sid

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Why don't u guys post the programme right here on the forum so that others interested in chipping in, can also be informed... more the merrier ??

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:35 pm

would certainly do that sir

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Olly Boss !!

Sud we open a new topic ??

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:28 pm

This post is relevant to the schedule that we might post... so i think, no problems... Must personally invite the Gurus though.... :)

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:26 pm

I'll be there at:

1st DEC - SAT - 5.30PM
2nd DEC -SUN - 8.00AM

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:32 pm

Gurus & Seniors are requested to visit and bless us with your guidance & & & :arrow: let us use your guns ....LOL... :D