Hunting show - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
shahid

Hunting show - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by shahid » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:40 pm

The Annual Hunting Exhibition is on at Abu Dhabi, UAE today.

A huge delegation of shooters from Dubai, is headed out to Abu Dhabi ( 130 KM distance ) this afternoon.

Stalls this year include.

Beretta
Perrazi
Browning
Mauser
Binelli
Hull Cartridge
Fionchhi
Eley
Diana
Weirauch
Winchester
Remington
Holland & Holland

Spanish, Czech, South African, Iranian and Argentinian hunting organizers

4x4 speciality vehicles preperation

A huge section on hunting with Falcons.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:06 pm

Shahid,

Let's have some pics and a report when you have finished with the show.

Have fun.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Yes, will do that, wonder if I have a camera lying around in my car. Will use the phone otherwise.

Also on my last week's visit to Germany and some rifle makers there. Will write a small article.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:23 pm

That will be great.Look forward to your reports.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Hey shahid why didnt u informed us earlier about the exhibition. owise i would have traveled to dubai today ,as it is weekend here.

BTW enjoy and do post pics.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:33 am

Wasn't there, was away in Germany. Came to know of the exact dates of the show through the shooting club gang only 2 / 3 days ago.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Hunting show - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by Hunter » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Shahid,

Any Idea if they are selling airguns at the show?

Regrads

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:25 am

Yes, Mostwafi, Saba trading and others are selling. A new Spanish make was there in the show.

Also some spanish made air rifle pellets.

Had a look at the Gamo splitzer expander as well in .22, will try it out in my HW 80. It goes by some other names too in different markets.

The biggest stall was of the local maker CHACRAL.

Their range of pistols, introduced initially in 9 MM Luger and some other 9 mm sizes was on show.

An exclusive CHACRAL shooting range is open now in Abu Dhabi along with an R & D centre. Certainly not glamorous like the Walther PPK, or legendary like a Berreta 92, CHACRAL has its own standing.

NEw Walther PPK was retailing for around INR 30,000.

CHACRAL are spending huge amounts in publicity too.

TO most visitors to their stall yesterday, branded CHACRAL gifts included.

A Mont Blanc pen with their logo

A leather bound portfolio book

A Chacral set of USB drive, key ring, T shirt and Cap.

Invitations to Chacral shooting club.

Rizzini were out with some very interesting round action O/U 12 ga and 20 Ga shotguns.

THe 2007 model Mauser M 3 was on display and a rifle with gold and diamond inlays was a star attraction, but I wonder if it will ever see the field.

CZ are very agressive in their marketing. Their Kadet model .22 LR, CZ scout is superb. Priced at US $ 200, this 14 inch barell rifle is very very nifty to handle from inside a vehicle.

The new range of CZ Pistols was also there. The BRNO brand is being reintroduced in many categories.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:34 am

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:22 am

can u plz post some details about the hunting organisations.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:31 am

please post some pics :)

Cheers

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:22 am

Shahid,

Thanks for the write-up but what's this about Walther displaying a new PPK? I was under the impression that they had stopped production of this model a couple of years ago.

Was the CZ Kadett threaded for a sound moderator?

Mack The Knife

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Hunting show - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Post by Hunter » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Shahid,

Please chk your PM.

Thanks

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:58 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="29769 wrote:Shahid,

Thanks for the write-up but what's this about Walther displaying a new PPK? I was under the impression that they had stopped production of this model a couple of years ago.

Was the CZ Kadett threaded for a sound moderator?

Mack The Knife
No it wasn't. Just a very normal, ecnomical and functional little .22 Rifle, one that every shooter would love to carry around with him. Groups well. Its CZ scout. 5 shot magazine and the scope costs as much as the rifle but a good scope is a must. Wth a 14 inch barrel, upto 50 yards it should be quite good.

New Walther PPK means a brand new unused Walther PPK out of the box for sale. Black ones, Black and chrome ones, some fancy hand grip colour ones, wood hand grip ones, that kind of stuff for Indian Rs. 30,000.

I guess a PPK in India ( 2nd hand ) would fetch arounf Rs. 6 Lakhs upwards. There lies the difference. How unfair.

This Carcal business too is very serious. Good pistol, in 9 mm Luger, price is Rs. 15,000. Time for govt. of India to have a rethink on 9 mm calibres. They need to come out of PB category, 9 mm x 19 is a very civilian use product really, also the 9 mm Browning calibre.
Carcal have the tooling to produce 8 mm or 7.62 or 32 ACP as well. If suitable orders are there, they can produce batches of 1000 to 2000 pieces and export it to India.

CZ Brno is very interested in the India market. They are looking for dealers, importers. Little they know where they are trying to enter. GUns in India, that too CZ, no no we buy .315 only for Rs. 80,000.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:41 pm

Shahid, am joining the chorus-Please post snaps! will be delightful to see a gun show in the relative neighbourhood
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."