atomic fish on Sunday 16th Sept

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

atomic fish on Sunday 16th Sept

Post by dev » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Anyone interested in an hour or two of fishing on Sunday morning? Naturally won't be first light but maybe reach by 10 or so and leave by 12 noon. Remains of PHG or Wasi experts ? Chance to write about experience for lesser mortals and wink about the one that got away. Dances with fish, covert ops, big gun anyone ?

Regards,

Dev

All are welcome specially those bearing cold drinks and snacks. :lol:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I'm in! :D

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:28 pm

mundaire";p="26651 wrote:I'm in! :D

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Oooh... look who's caught the bug! :mrgreen:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:32 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="26660 wrote: Oooh... look who's caught the bug! :mrgreen:
Oh, completely... :mrgreen: besides these are "mutant super fish" (the lake is precariously close to a nuclear research lab), from the stories being bandied about... broken many rods etc.... Should be an interesting outing... ;)

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:45 pm

If this is the same place I think it is, I'd watch your step.

Don't think it would stand much chance against a carp rod but if you are still spooled up with 10 lbs mono, then it's going to be a good fight if you latch onto one.

Let us know how it goes.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Rods get broken due to using heavier line than the rod is rated for or having some line around the tip. Probably a few more reasons but these are the only two I know off.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: atomic fish on Sunday 16th Sept

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:36 am

An even quicker way to smash up a rod is cast a weight that is beyond what the rod is rated for - like a 3 or 4 oz bomb with a carp rod.

You guys fish in some disgusting places - `Toxic Dump` and now in a lake fed from a nuclear research plant. Aren`t you worried about the health hazards ? Yeah, take care fishing in this `atomic` lake.........The mutant fish are quite easy to identify - they`re the ones that glow in the dark, have three eyes, four legs and teeth in their bums - if they don`t get you at one end they will at the other !
The other thing you`ll have to watch out for is fish seeing where you keep your bait when you catch them....... the bu**ers will be climbing out and helping themselves.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:29 am

Me a lesser mortal too... and ofcourse willing to dance with the fish and try covert ops against the mutant wrigglers ! :D

"The mutant fish are quite easy to identify - they`re the ones that glow in the dark, have three eyes, four legs and teeth in their bums - if they don`t get you at one end they will at the other ! "

Grumpy,
Just showing themselves is what we need and they shall taste the abuse of ol' stalwarts...

Mack The Knife, yr rod shall be tested and reported... although still have to get the reel from the good Doc... wonder he is joining in too ????

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: atomic fish on Sunday 16th Sept

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:53 am

An even quicker way to smash up a rod is cast a weight that is beyond what the rod is rated for - like a 3 or 4 oz bomb with a carp rod.
Forgot about that one. However, I know of one carp rod (Asif's Wychwood/Fox something-or-the-other multi-piece travel rod) that is rated for a 3 oz. casting weight.

In other words, guys, stick to the casting weight mentioned on the rod, though I have exceeded this limit by a bit at times and gotten away with it.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:56 am

Anupam";p="26713 wrote:Mack The Knife, yr rod shall be tested and reported...
It will do just fine, provided you do your bit correctly. The very best of luck and have a good time.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Great to have all the great chaps on board. I'm looking forward to getting my reel wet if nothing else. The only person who hasn't replied is covert opps. maybe that's why he's covert ops. So if we spy a reed moving suspiciously in the water we'll know its him.
Need to get mahaseer ken and indian gypsy into the plan. Anyway the current company shall be great, with sounds of kala teeter ringing in the morn.
What to do Grumpy unless one rides for hundreds of miles, there is no clear water close by...so we look forward to a jar of glow in the dark fish.

regards,

Dev

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:13 pm

dev";p="26730 wrote:The only person who hasn't replied is covert opps. maybe that's why he's covert ops. So if we spy a reed moving suspiciously in the water we'll know its him.
I believe our friend has had the misfortune of fracturing his foot... Let's hope he recovers soon and is able to make it for the next one... Wish him a speedy recovery...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:26 pm

Who is covert ops? Asif or Sanjay? Asif already has a game foot, so if it's Sanjay and this trend continues I may need to change your names to Langda Darlings.

Hope it mends well and fast.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:51 pm

I am so proud of him, broke his foot for the Company...wah such dedication. ;-) Pity he had some killer bait and amazing spoons and his jokes weren't bad either. Will have to suffer his absence stoically. Shhhh Mack The Knife you know who it is, don't blow his cover at least not yet. ;-)

Regards,

Dev

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:23 pm

dev";p="26730 wrote: Need to get mahaseer ken and indian gypsy into the plan. Anyway the current company shall be great, with sounds of kala teeter ringing in the morn.

regards,

Dev
Ken and Dhruv are heading out to the Pump House or Rohtak.What Ken did tell me was that this place is

heavily netted.

Have sent an sms to the good Doc.

Cheers

Sanjay

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Sanjay";p="26743 wrote:
dev";p="26730 wrote: Need to get mahaseer ken and indian gypsy into the plan. Anyway the current company shall be great, with sounds of kala teeter ringing in the morn.

regards,

Dev
Ken and Dhruv are heading out to the Pump House or Rohtak.What Ken did tell me was that this place is

heavily netted.

Have sent an sms to the good Doc.

Cheers

Sanjay
Damn them ;-), hopefully it will rain turtles on them.
Me sms him too but he's gone undercover and only sms some strange dots and dashes back.

I think him cursing under his breath.

Dev