IFG Club House

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 am

A regular meeting and shooting schedule will help make a good beginning... sadly, we find that missing too... except 4-5 guys here in Delhi... and maybe Bangalore... dunno about other places...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 am

hey,
till the time we guys figure out a place(and where to get the money for it) we guys can probably shoot on my roof in noida or vasant kunj and i could get some beer but expect no clean place to sit in vasant kunj :P just let me know in advance i'll probably put together a shoe box target or something

Abhilash Nagalingaiah
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IFG Club House

Post by Abhilash Nagalingaiah » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:00 pm

A regular meeting and shooting schedule will make thinks better and listing out all legal requirements for registering shd be discussed out and then with the concerned authorities... should be our first move

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:27 pm

Hey,
I can offer my factory basement (not in use) in Noida.....around 5000 sq. ft. for IFG Club House.

-Nishant

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 pm

Sirifort works well,very reasonable even if one wants to rent a Air gun or pistol.

Close to quite a few watering holes too :)

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:52 am

Olly,

Just 4-5 guys in Delhi....and a few in Bangalore........welll thats what makes IFG tick........without the effort of these few here in Delhi and Bangalore , Patiala ,UK & US .......doubt IFG would have ever been there.

U always have one leader and the crowd follows .We have grown from 4 memebers to over 600 members and may be soon you might see the size of these 4-5 serious guys grow to 45....(but still you would be the most comfortable with these 4-5 guys only)

AC

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:21 am

"Just 4-5 guys in Delhi....and a few in Bangalore........welll thats what makes IFG tick........without the effort of these few here in Delhi and Bangalore , Patiala ,UK & US"

Spot on A-C.
I, for one, would really like to see much more participation from members.
Greater participation would add much more interest to the forum, more - and more diverse - opinion and would help keep IFG fresh and relevent. No doubt more insults would be traded and more arguments develope - but so what ? "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" ( They might annoy me but I can handle that. ) A few more `fights` would also add to the freshness and interest - judging by the viewing figures most of the membership really enjoy a good verbal battle anyway.......................

I really miss Mehul. He might have been occasionally controversial ....... and short-tempered sometimes ( ! ) ( So am I sometimes.......AND I`m not the only one. ) but his input was immense - and interesting - and his knowledge both vast and undeniable. I`m absolutely certain that the loss of his participation has contributed to the declining participation of members. If Mack The Knife was to quit as well IFG might as well pack-up.

Make no bones about it, without active participation any forum will fail.

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 am

Regular scheduled offline IFG meets and activities would contribute more to bring a whole lot of new and fresh topics for the online forum,this would be more clearly visible at stagnant times which most forums go through regularly and which is so critical phase for the success once a new interesting topic bursts bringing back the natural rhythm,...example: rain and kalahari :)
warm regards sanjiv

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

IFG club house

Post by Hunter » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:35 am

Olly";p="29393 wrote:A regular meeting and shooting schedule will help make a good beginning... sadly, we find that missing too... except 4-5 guys here in Delhi... and maybe Bangalore... dunno about other places...
............ :evil:
Hey what about us the Bombay Bhais..............we are scheduled to meet up on the 15-16 nov.Will post some pictures............

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 pm

As the ad says : Just do it ~

dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Yeah.......there is also the other ad that says"impossible is nothing"... :wink:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:57 pm

Grumpy";p="29976 wrote:If Mack The Knife was to quit as well IFG might as well pack-up.
Woohoo! I am going to ask Abhijeet for a monthly retainer. :mrgreen:

Jokes aside, I think this forum is doing quite well. Especially, when you consider that the medium of communication is English and that the internet still has to reach a vast audience in India.

I personally see this forum growing in the future not primarily because of the inputs of certain members but because it fills a void.

Here's hoping for the best.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 pm

........I was waiting for comments to the post

AC

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:17 pm

Nice to note that the Bombay Bhais are meeting... so another chapter in the making...

Mack The Knife is invaluable with his experience and sniping skills...

With NM's offer of a place to shoot / meet, we cud all first start meeting regularly and then converge and form a little more focussed group for any sporting activity... however we find time being a constraint with many who wud rather sit on a computer and write away rather than take some trouble of moving out and meeting others despite advance notice of activities... the Atomic Pond, Siri Fort Shooting range, IFG birthday, Pump House being recent examples...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:45 pm

Olly";p="30023 wrote:Mack The Knife is invaluable with his sniping skills...
It's taken forty two years of curmudgeondom (is that a word?) to arrive at this stage. Grumpy, speaking from his vast experience on the subject, informs me that I still have a long way to go and who am I to argue.