IFG Club House

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
spacetraveller
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

IFG Club House

Post by spacetraveller » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:45 pm

Abhijeet
At some point we must think of starting an IFG Club house :roll: . IFG could rent out a place to begin with maybe in old Gurgaon which is substantially cheaper than the DLF side. An air gun range can easily be started. I believe Shimon of indianshootingetc. has started something in Noida or thereabouts. An old factory shed could be used. You could also consider renting a school hall of a private school because the place will mainly be used in the evenings - after office hours - for airgun shooting and other evening activities. :P
Maybe we can discuss it at the next Delhi Darlings beer get-together. I am sure funds can be generated if all of us put in some efforts.
All IFG members can also please give your reaction / suggestions / comments etc. 8)
Spacetraveller

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lenny
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IFG Club House

Post by Lenny » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:47 pm

First Shot
Excellent Idea
Second Shot
Why dont we start something in Bangalore too

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:14 pm

How about getting this org registered / recognized first (just an idea).
If anyone knows the procedure for this then we can get it started off.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:16 pm

ST,

AFAIK Shimon runs a professional shooting academy,out of Chandiwala Estate,Kalkaji.

Most of the Delhi Airgunners run down to the Asaid Village shooting range,which is very convineantly located,
close to quite a few watering holes :wink:

Sanjay

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:39 pm

If you guys want any help with this Kalkaji range, let me know. Chandiwala estate people are our good friends we can have IFG members useing the range there.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:16 pm

Lenny";p="25465 wrote: Why dont we start something in Bangalore too
Not a bad idea...Guess we should have a Bangalore get together sometime.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:34 pm

The Bangalore Bummers ?

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:35 pm

Nice Idea as good as stickers one :mrgreen:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:16 pm

Don't know what more we want out of the club, but for airgun shooting, Siri Fort is good enough... and waterin' holes are nearby too... :evil:

Saves overheads too... unless something more is added in... :wink:

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Regarding the registration..
Over here we have to approach the Registrar of Firms & Societies get a form, formulate our Articles of association etc.. Signatories to the Articles (not less than 12 if i remember correctly) Then we would need a constitution etc.. and then we get registered.. Very much similar to a company registration..

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:28 pm

Totally out of scene with Delhi now. Which are the good waterin holes near Siri fort and where do you get good Indian food these days ?

firechameleon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by firechameleon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:15 pm

if v r going to build a clubhouse, v'll need money for it's daily maintainance............ may be we could allow the general public to use our shooting range and the watering hole for a small amount of money...............

what if v rent the guns too..........

limited access for non-IFG members and unlimited access for IFG members..........

btw as other bangaloreans have suggested above, a clubhouse in bangalore would be nice............

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:55 am

Firechameleon,

Can you please stop using this sms language or morse code,whatever,it is pretty painfull,suggest please

spend some time on this forum or others as an observer and get the feel of how to communicate on the net.

And dont just post for the sake of posting,cause it is absolute BS,do you have any idea what the Licence fee

for a watering hole is...it runs into a few lakhs.

Renting guns..... forget licenced fire arms,find out what Air Guns cost these days before suggesting that.

Sanjay

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:07 pm

........a club house to drink beer and shooting?

What is better than IFG....No one sees no one, you don't bang into people you don't like you can chat with your frends , your ideas are accepted and even if they are not you could just argue your case out can you think of that in a club ? You feeling blue just log into the forum and a bit of reading the posts you feeling much better , no elections, no back bitting , no groupism, and all this without spending even a dime and you still want a Club House????????

Think!!!!!!!!!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:59 pm

AC, I`m pleased to note that you`re obviously an antisocial so-and-so after my own heart - welcome to Grumpy and Mack The Knifes miserable ole git club ! :lol:

Just as a matter of interest, just who is supposed to be paying for the land, premises and equipment of this IFG shooting facility ? Or aren`t I supposed to bring up the subject of sordid practicality ? :lol: