Trying something new.

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Trying something new.

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:20 am

Super work Doc Sahab, this is truly reaching out and giving back to the community. These kids will learn lessons and get educated about outdoors, forests and wild flora and funa which sadly are loosing their charm in the modern world.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 am

Prashant,

Thank you for the photos. Looks like it was a great experience for those kids. Well done!

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 am

Thanks Zaheer for all those snaps. I just realised I have'nt taken many on this trip.
We spotted Tiger pug marks at two different locations . Though we did not see the elusive king of the jungle.
There are an estimated 12 tigers in the area.
In a couple of snaps you will see Mr Rishi sitting and explaining how to read pug marks.
A male tiger had passed by on a sandy river bed. Mr Rishi showed us how to identify the animal and calculate the approximate size of the tiger by reading the pug marks.
Every trip in the jungle is a learning experience.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 am

Putting this experience and knowledge into the minds and hearts of these young people is most commendable, Prashant and Zaheer. This is the sort of thing that forms attitudes for generations to come, and in these young folks is our hope for the environment having a chance.

What a wonderful thing!

Thanks for sharing the story and the photos, gentlemen!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:21 am

An excellent initiative, 3 cheers! to Prashant. Enjoyed the pictures. Loved the jungle fowl,is it the red jungle fowl.

Herb

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:30 am

Wow!! very nice Prashant .
These pictures bring all the memory back and remind me when I was in RNP last year.
Thank Zaheer for all the pictures.
Keep up the good work guy's

Baljit

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 am

Prashant wrote.....
For the first time I realized what a responsible job it is to be a teacher :D

Prashant, I truly appreciate your humility in your realization & in this contest I quote.....
"A teacher's influence affects eternity - No one knows where it stops"
You are indeed a Man with a Mission & may this initiative open the doors to the Gen-Next to experience the joy of Nature's Bounty!
Congratulations Prashant - Well Done! :cheering:
Briha

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Congratulations on your new venture, Prashant and Zaheer.
I hope this proves to be a vehicle to educate the youth of India about her beauty and encourages the learning of proper wildlife conservation techniques.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 am

Prashant ji and Zaheer ji, adding my kudos to all the others'. Dunno how I missed this!

Would also like to repeat the request put forward by Katana-san. I know there are no tigers near Mumbai, but there are leopards.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue May 20, 2014 10:21 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Prashant ji and Zaheer ji, adding my kudos to all the others'. Dunno how I missed this!'

Would also like to repeat the request put forward by Katana-san. I know there are no tigers near Mumbai, but there are leopards.
SD, there are 3-4 tigers and 3-4 lions in Krishnagiri Upawan (aka Borivali National Park) in the "restricted wild area" (my coinage) which one can see taking the "safari" ride from Borivali side. These are all nice guys who know they will be fed on a timely basis and so do not bother to move around much or hide and hence can be viewed with ease. ;-) Planning to go there on a leopard spotting trip shortly with a few friends.