IFG meet in Kolkata

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IFG meet in Kolkata

Post by TC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 am

gladiatorgarg wrote:WILCO OVER SIR,
sir briha please catch that over night bus and grace us...i m already thrilled like a teenager... :D
So now you know the security of our country lies in the hands of teenagers ... ROTFL ROTFL

Just jokin gladiator.... lets do it as we planned over phone yesterday. And please ask the "other gentleman" to do "the needful" :D

Lets do it...

:cheers:

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 am

Dear Tanmay da,
Its fires 177 BBs through a rifled barrel. No slide movement for 'realistic' feel. The slide, frame, hammer, trigger, safety, main spring, grips, etc are all interchangeable with the real Makarov and both are made in the same plant using the same material...
Is it made by Baikal? Russians make excellent value for money weapons. There is something rustic yet beautiful, wild & uncanny about the Russian weapons :D .

best regards
tirpassion

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Yes it is made by Baikal. Model MP 654 K. Comes in those no frills card board boxes where the pistol lies wrapped in a brown oiled paper.... Very well made and as close to the real one as it can get.... Nothing can beat Russian weapons, very nostalgic.

Cheers

TC

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm

All the best for a grand meet, guys! That City Centre mall and the tramcar happens to be a favourite haunt whenever I am at my uncle's place in Salt Lake. Wish I could be there.......!!

By the way, Tir, on the way from the airport, don't take the flyover - it broke yesterday!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 pm

essdee1972 wrote:All the best for a grand meet, guys! That City Centre mall and the tramcar happens to be a favourite haunt whenever I am at my uncle's place in Salt Lake. Wish I could be there.......!!

By the way, Tir, on the way from the airport, don't take the flyover - it broke yesterday!!

Essdee.... why don't you fly down on Saturday evening. VIP Road is open for city bound traffic :D

TC

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

TCda, thanks for the invitation!

But I just can't. Kid's got a school show on Sunday early morning. And I am the designated driver!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 pm

essdee1972 wrote:TCda, thanks for the invitation!

But I just can't. Kid's got a school show on Sunday early morning. And I am the designated driver!
Essdee,

:D Don't cry dear... back home I am Ramu the driver and Ramlal the errand guy ROTFL

TC

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:08 pm

TC wrote:
essdee1972 wrote:TCda, thanks for the invitation!

Essdee,

:D Don't cry dear... back home I am Ramu the driver and Ramlal the errand guy ROTFL

TC
TC,
> You missed out on the "COOK & BUTLER" - was it an oversight or you are plain Lucky ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Tirpasssion & TC Da ,

It's really good to know that you guys are arranging a IFG meet in Calcutta . Although , I won't be able to make it there , I wish you guys all the best and a grand success .

Umm ... I think , it's best you guys ignore what I type next ....

How about the Aaheli Restaurant in the Axis Mall in Rajarhat ? Perfect Calcutta ambience , good food .
I don't have anything against City Centre , Saltlake , but I might think there might be a car parking issue on March 10 ,Sunday .

Oh , well , I did tell you to ignore whatever I typed ... you had been warned :mrgreen:

Regards,
F-N-Five-Seven

PS : Moin was right , TC Da is Bond ... James Bond :D
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello FN,

It is a pity that you can not join us :( :( . May be we can catch up next time; in Sep/Oct 2013 :wink: .

best regards
tirpassion

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm

How about the Aaheli Restaurant in the Axis Mall in Rajarhat ? Perfect Calcutta ambience , good food .
Please don't start talking about Calcutta food. It's making me salivate. :wink:

BTW, TC and others? Is Ameenia still open. Their "Chaap" was pretty good!

Good luck to your guys. I hpe you have a great meet.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Are dada,
Aminia is still open with the slurping chaamp, reshmi kabab and the biriyani. New ones have come up with excellent stuff like Arsalaan, Bengali cuisine restaurants like 6 Ballygunge Place, Bhojohori Manna etc.
For food (roadside, small and medium cat restaurants) Kolkata is still unbeateable in India.

xl da, it is high time that you visit the city again :D :D :D .

best regards
tirpassion

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 pm

xl da, it is high time that you visit the city again :D :D :D .
XL... :agree:

Its time you paid a visit.... we could make it a grand affair...
By the way Aminia opened a posh outlet (with restaurant, home delivery and take away service) very close to my home about a decade ago... my doctor hates them :mrgreen:
And as Tirpassion has just said.... there are more and more ....

Thanks for your best wishes... we are one man down. Lawman just told me that he wont be able to make it because of an emergency executive body meeting in his shooting club.

TC

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:11 pm

TC,
> You missed out on the "COOK & BUTLER" - was it an oversight or you are plain Lucky ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

Brihaji... once the car is parked and the shopping bags are in Ramlal becomes Raja the lucky husband ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Regards

TC

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks for the invite, Tirpassion and TC but it doesn't look like it will be in the cards anytime soon.
Things I really miss: Notun Doi, Patali Gur, a really well made Rossogolla.
Golda Chingri, Sorse bata illish,
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941