JAPALOUPE MEET - JAN 13, 2013

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: JAPALOUPE MEET - JAN 13, 2013

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

Don't know about Her Majesty's Bentley (probably the Royal Stables, oops sorry, garage, did some cost cutting in view of the financial crisis, and fitted MGP), but I did manage to ride in one - they run Bents as luxury cabs in Singapore! Felt like sitting on a luxurious sofa at Buck Palace. Smoooooooooooth!!!

Shooting the high end bidesi stuff felt the same. PH Orion is great as far as Indian stuff is concerned, light years ahead of Indian competition, but as the guys above say, the high-end phoren stuff is a different world! That customised Airforce............ drooling all over the keyboard..... I think I will empty the bank account I had been reserving for a firearm and go for one of those!

Hammerhead - ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am

airgun_novice wrote:
Happy wrote:Mailed my Lot to ff 3 days back..... still waiting.......
I plead guilty as apartment getting painted and then Net absconding for almost two days. However the ppt has been dispatched to FF today morning. So "Don't Worry - Be Happy" ;-) (Couldn't help the last line)
Pah! Excuses! Excuses! :)

@ Haji.
ROTFL
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Here is AGN doing what he does best, playing with words that is, with his extremely funny AAR of the meet.....

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 pm

OK, Next time I will carry my laptop and copy pics from all your camera memory cards then and there.........

M.
xl_target wrote:
airgun_novice wrote:
I plead guilty as apartment getting painted and then Net absconding for almost two days. However the ppt has been dispatched to FF today morning. So "Don't Worry - Be Happy" ;-) (Couldn't help the last line)

@ Haji.
ROTFL
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm

xl_target wrote:
airgun_novice wrote:
Nah ! Reasons ! Reasons ! :-)
@all - ROTFL :cheers: March 20th another one... ;-)

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 pm

mundaire wrote:[quote=
"brihacharan"]
> BTW - The Orions & Pegasuses stood shoulder to shoulder with those International ARs when it came to plinking Beer cans at 40yds & 60yds - especially those with scopes fitted on to them.
Briha
With all due respect :) while they may be great when compared to the regular Indian offerings and superior to the stuff that IHP/ National dishes out, I find it hard to digest the above statement, unless you are comparing them only to the cheaper international springers like (maybe?) Gamo's & Chicom stuff - which are both better than Indian ARs & IHPs (depending on which Chicom AR we are talking about), but no where near Air Arms and/ or HW springers.

Disclaimer: I haven't handled the Orion or Pegasus - this is JMHO based on what I've been perusing on the various threads on the forum here!
Cheers!
Abhijeet[/quote]

Hi Abhijeet,
> I just mentioned that "Orions & Pegasuses stood 'Shoulder to Shoulder" with International ARs - in as much that they too could hit Beer cans at 40 / 60yds - Period! I didn't mean lest imply that they were superior to the International ARs. :D
> Besides there exists a huge gap between those acclaimed Intl ARs & what is dished out here - in this regard Orions & Pegasuses seem to bridge this gap to a certain extent - This is my considered opinion based on the fact that I had the opportunity to shoot both the Intl ARs & what else have you!
> Others may disagree - but then they are entitled to it - I am not contesting that :D
> Have a great week end.
:cheers:
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 pm

brihacharan wrote:
mundaire wrote:[quote=
"brihacharan"]
> BTW - The Orions & Pegasuses stood shoulder to shoulder with those International ARs when it came to plinking targets at 40yds & 60yds - especially those with scopes fitted on to them.
Briha
With all due respect :) while they may be great when compared to the regular Indian offerings and superior to the stuff that IHP/ National dishes out, I find it hard to digest the above statement, unless you are comparing them only to the cheaper international springers like (maybe?) Gamo's & Chicom stuff - which are both better than Indian ARs & IHPs (depending on which Chicom AR we are talking about), but no where near Air Arms and/ or HW springers.

Disclaimer: I haven't handled the Orion or Pegasus - this is JMHO based on what I've been perusing on the various threads on the forum here!
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Hi Abhijeet,
> I just mentioned that "Orions & Pegasuses stood 'Shoulder to Shoulder" with International ARs - in as much that they too could hit targets at 40 / 60yds - Period! I didn't mean lest imply that they were superior to the International ARs. :D
> Besides there exists a huge gap between those acclaimed Intl ARs & what is dished out here - in this regard Orions & Pegasuses seem to bridge this gap to a certain extent - This is my considered opinion based on the fact that I had the opportunity to shoot both the Intl ARs & what else have you!
> Others may disagree - but then they are entitled to it - I am not contesting that :D
> Have a great week end.
:cheers:
Briha[/quote]

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Here is AGN doing what he does best, playing with words that is, with his extremely funny AAR of the meet.....

M.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi AGN just viewed the link provided by FF. Man you have way with gun and the pen. Beautifully written, but where are the photos??
Regards,
AK49

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi AGN just viewed the link provided by FF. Man you have way with gun and the pen. Beautifully written, but where are the photos??
Regards,
AK49

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:55 am

Group Picture before dispersing......

Some of our friends do NOT want to be identified by their real names. So, PLEASE respect their wish.

M.
Last edited by fantumfan2003 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Junior seems to have cut half of my gun out!

Fantum, don't you mean some friends *don't* want to be identified by their real names? Will be sending you my pics today!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 pm

fantumfan2003 wrote:Group Picture before dispersing......

[ Image ]

Some of our friends do want to be identified by their real names. So, PLEASE respect their wish.

M.
> Hey FF YOU CUT ME OUT(I'm at the far right hand corner) :roll:
Briha

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 pm

The Gang of Wasseypur!! Those of you who don't mind using your real names, please point out who thou art.I once called a very older gent on the forum " Dude ".
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 pm

I did not cut you out Saaaar.......The IFG forum software did.......

:D

Please click on the link below to see the full image..........

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss20 ... c86384.jpg

M.
brihacharan wrote:
fantumfan2003 wrote:Group Picture before dispersing......

[ Image ]

Some of our friends do want to be identified by their real names. So, PLEASE respect their wish.

M.
> Hey FF YOU CUT ME OUT(I'm at the far right hand corner) :roll:
Briha

Darr ke aage jeet hai