Gun Shows in USA

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Gun Shows in USA

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Dear IFGians

I literally cried after watching these gun shows held in usa in 2012.

Watch these videos.... :cry:

& refer www.tulsaarmsshow.com/ -> this guy show cast world largest gun show in USA and this year its going to be held in Nov 11th & 12th 2012.

Hope i will get visa, money and time to visit this show.
Thanks

GANESH TT

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Gun Shows in USA

Post by Bhargav » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:28 pm

I know its amazing, I love the infrastructure. You can buy guns at these guns shows and when you are ready to buy, they call in for background check over the phone. Your background check is usually done in couple of hours and you can pick up the gun and go home :) Can you imagine that in India ?

Also visit some of the bulk ammo websites e.g. www.bulkammo.com and you will know the prices on bulk ammo :)

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:40 pm

u lucky guy bhargav...
Thanks

GANESH TT

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Ganesh TT wrote:u lucky guy bhargav...
hehe Ganesh, I am not so lucky yet because I am not a permanent resident yet. There is some paper work that needs to be done if you are an alien and every state may have some requirements.
In some states you cannot have a conceal carry permit and in some states you need to have a firearms license first to get a conceal carry permit later on. And in some states you need a license to buy and posses firearms.

I don't complain coz the license process is very smooth and easy. Once you have required paperwork then you are in the game like others.

varunik
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by varunik » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:11 pm

The same article which gives us right to expression and form association,etc tells us we cannot meet in public with guns :(
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the
Eye of the tiger

Steve007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Steve007 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 pm

The videos are an accurate representation of the large US gun shows, but there are also hundreds of smaller gun shows held annually around the country. For example. there are 6 or 8 annually within 50 miles of my home city of St. Louis, a medium-sized midwest US city. The nearest big one is the Tulsa Gun Show, maybe 250 miles away. And of course, specific competition shoots (eg trap competiitions) will frequently have dozens of booths with specific -to- the shoot guns for sale.

They are all fun to attend, with a wide variety of guns and other related items of interest. If you buy a gun from an individual, by the way, there is no background check or paperwork. You just buy the gun. Could be different in a very few states. The only non-concealed carry states are The People"s Republic of Illinois and Washington DC. Most require a permit for CC, but many allow you to have a gun in the car with no permit.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Been to a few while in the USA and have to say if there is a heaven for me it would be like one of those :lol: . One of the best ones was the one held by the Ohio Gun Collectors Association. That one was by far the biggest I have attended. I did never make it to any of the ShotShows, a dream I wish to realize in the future.
I tried to attend as many as I could if not to buy, just to drool :oops: .
Anand

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 am

Americans won their freedom through the sacrifice of its citizens and the use of arms.Indians were handed their freedom by Mahatma Gandhi and the Congress party :evil:

So while the Americans have freedoms we have 'privileges'

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:17 pm

:cry:
Thanks

GANESH TT

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am

Just came across this post. Enjoyed the videos. I've been to a few gun show but never one as large as the Wanamaker.
I enjoyed the second one, especially the GI Joe table. I used to collect those when they made them I still have a few and a few vehicles. Another hobby that I can't do enough justice to for the lack of time.

Thanks for posting, Ganesh.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941