Gun Show in India

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
thebrowningeffect
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Gun Show in India

Post by thebrowningeffect » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 pm

vrohan59 wrote:
cottage cheese wrote: ..oh doctor sahib, you are wrong there...if sale threads are anything to go by it'd be the biggest collection of 'mint' firearms in the world.... :)
:lol:
Yeah tue. Thats what they say mint or NIB. ROTFL
”An armed society is a polite society.”
~Robert Heinlein~

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:55 pm

In Abroad Gun shows are conducted to improve the commercial selling and to introduce new guns to customers but in india they have no scope of improvement in sale point and also new rules makes hard to get licence itself .
i heard a year ago walther tried organised for a Gun show that was not responded By NRAI and walther company backed from their proposal .

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 pm

such a sad news for gun enthusiastics like us
Thanks

GANESH TT

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 am

Aloha,

If any of you are planning a Hawaiian Vacation to include March 17 & 18, 2012

There will be a small regional Gun Show: http://www.blaisdellcenter.com/calendar ... F17%2F2012

I most likely will be there at the Hawaii Rifle Assn table if you want to meet and say Hi

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:31 am

Why can't it be done in India ? If everybody gathers at a place which will have stalls, with their respective firearms what objection can the govt. have ? I don't see a problem in this.

And pls forgive me I don't mean to offend anybody but this is the second time I am reading that NRAI is "unsupportive" and they are not doing anything.. if NRAI is not able to push things then why it is even in existence ? I feel very sad when I read this kinda sentences and compare NRAI with NRA here in the US.

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 am

How many of you from Mumbai? Heard about Times Utsav? Looks like you missed this one!

http://localzone.in/2011/09/times-utsav ... -fest.html

Indian Navy had set up a pavilion where they had a few guns - 7.62 MM bipod-mounted LMG, 5.56 MM INSAS assault rifle, 9 MM semi-auto pistols and 9 MM SMG. I had the opportunity to handle them all. :)

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

tiwariarrun wrote:How many of you from Mumbai? Heard about Times Utsav? Looks like you missed this one!

Indian Navy had set up a pavilion where they had a few guns - 7.62 MM bipod-mounted LMG, 5.56 MM INSAS assault rifle, 9 MM semi-auto pistols and 9 MM SMG. I had the opportunity to handle them all. :)
Well I am from mumbai but it has been almost 5 yrs that I visited :). The link that you posted does not mention any firearms or guns :shock: one of the item it says is "sewing machine" :) is this the right link ? Post some pics if you can ..

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:20 pm

waiting for the photos
Thanks

GANESH TT

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Why can't it be done in India ? If everybody gathers at a place which will have stalls, with their respective firearms what objection can the govt. have ? I don't see a problem in this.
Probably the problem is with getting a place to conduct the gun show, as well as getting the people who are willing to participate in it.
this is the second time I am reading that NRAI is "unsupportive" and they are not doing anything.. if NRAI is not able to push things then why it is even in existence ? I feel very sad when I read this kinda sentences and compare NRAI with NRA here in the US.
It is probably because the kind of people who are members of NRAI as well the kind of people who are controlling NRAI.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 pm

striker wrote:In Abroad Gun shows are conducted to improve the commercial selling and to introduce new guns to customers but in india they have no scope of improvement in sale point and also new rules makes hard to get licence itself . i heard a year ago walther tried organised for a Gun show that was not responded By NRAI and walther company backed from their proposal .
Striker: You are confusing "trade shows" with "gun shows". Gun shows are put on by local clubs, and no manufacturers are represented. Just enthusiasts and smaller dealers.

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Chennaities...did anyone attended this Arms and Ammunition show happened in Chennai.
Unfortunately missed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks

GANESH TT

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 am

tiwariarrun wrote:How many of you from Mumbai? Heard about Times Utsav? Looks like you missed this one!

Looks like a broken link, as of now i am happy to watch the youtube and heading to local armory once in a while hoping to see something new, but being content with watching same .177s and .22s :x