IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Post by Katana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:19 pm

:lol: Wish you could come in person, shooter!
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bapu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bapu » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Do PM me the program and venue I shall join in.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:32 am

shooter wrote:Its good to see katanaji taking the trouble to organise a meet.

i shall be with you in spirit.
wishing you all the best.

please fire a few rounds on my behalf.

regards
+1

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 am

How are things moving Katana?
A week to go for the meet. Do post some snaps. All the best.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 am

Well, we have confirmation from about 4 IFG members and about 3 non members. Rifles out in play are expected to be .22lr, .318WR and .30-06 Sprg., maybe a .315IOF. Amongst handguns, .22lr IOF rev., .32 rev. Webley , mauser broomhandle and .32 Walther pistol. Can't say anything about shotguns because I have not been able to organise a trap machine. Meanwhile, three generations, ie my father on his rifle, myself and my son with his air rifle plan to shoot together. Of course, will post snaps too, maybe a video too.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 am

We met yesterday and enjoyed ourselves for the entire day thoroughly, even forgetting to have lunch! Will post pics and details in a few days.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 am

Katana wrote:We met yesterday and enjoyed ourselves for the entire day thoroughly, even forgetting to have lunch! Will post pics and details in a few days.
Looking forward to the photos, Katana.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

siddikpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by siddikpatel » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Katnaji,
"met yesterday and enjoyed in meet" ????? good Katnaji !!!!
but u forgot me!! :cry: :?:

me Siddik Patel

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm

post pics asap :cheers:

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Sorry for Posting Late,

Meet day, Sunday was busy with social gatherings in the morning and evening ( though I could spare time to join meet at designated place arranged by Katana, retrun drive to ahmedabad was too fast to furiousfor my driver and my cousin)

Monday I was preparing for exam and office things took whole day, Tuesday was exam 10:45 to 11:45, it was online test for Insurance agents( with little time I could manage to get 82 marks out of 100) and later on got busy with office stuff.

Here we go,
Meet was arranged at about 100 km north of Ahmadabad (lovely place surrounded by heels and distance fertile land, I can say best agriculture land in North Gujarat, farmers are very hardworking in the area ans visitor can distinguish them by their living standard and wealth).

Due to my social gathering I could left for meet at around 12 at noon, katana was in constant touch with me on phone giving me direction, greeted buy him at around 3 pm soon went off to meet place. little drive of 10 minutes and we were surrounded by heals, two standard 25 meter targets were placed approx 50 and 100 meter with proper high hill blocking three sides.

Katana's father(I guess former H.H. Mansa State) greeted me very warmly(despite of his generosity, an inherited royalty was there in his words and one could easily under estimate the actual personality) , his son was busy with Air gun and was keen to try his hands on lovely Brno Mk-1( with express sights and in beautiful condition)

Meeting Shri Jasvantsingji and another young shot was pleasing.

All waited for me even though I could reached the place very late ( I highly appreciated that)

Had seen Brno MK-1 for first time, could not stopped to ask Katana if the same stock can fit IOF .22 ? he happily dis-mental the actin while i was busy with IOF .22, and both concluded that, with very little effort one can easily put standard Brno stock on IOF .22. :D :D :D

Katana generously gave me opportunity to shoot his IOF Thirty ough Six :D :D :D , even I had shot 7.62 couple of hundred rounds during my N.C.C. days(1991-1993) and .315 many times till today, my first shoot was wide off to target at 100 mtr ( I was on ground with kneeling position) :( , second was little closer and third was on target far from the bull :) recoil was properly felt next morning with sore shoulder giving considerable pain .

Due to my laziness all of my weapons were not sighed in properly did some shooting with .22 IOF, placement of bullets was too off the target, and with 48 Diana in .22 ( same problems with sights), in the last hour did tried J&K made desi 12 guage DBBL at close range with BB shots and spherical balls to check patterns and was happy as Ball fired by Katana was right on target(standard 25 meter .22 target) at about 15 meter.

Time went like it was seconds not hours, every one was happy with guns and bangs
As annoying Calls from home were continuously kept everyones Cell-phones busy, we decided to wind up the meet with some photo clicked at 5 pm. (few pictures were taken at last moment)
None of wanted to go home but got separated with promise to meet soon in Jan 2011

I had to reach Ahmadabad to attend my wife's nice's wedding reception at 7:30 I took the driving seat and hit very hard on the gas paddle. was welcomed by very angry wife at 7:45, took quick shower and went to the venue at 8:30.... evening was spoiled with usual complains of the wife :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you Katana, Jasvantsingji and others who joined the meet and worked for meet hope to have second meet in Jan 2011 at my farm

It was wonderful day, long time after I got a chance to be in the field with guns
Pritam

I have trouble with posting pictures on this forum so will provide pictures to Katana this week end to post here,
Last edited by PRITAM PATEL on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by jashwantsinh » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Pritam,

Above all, I can never forget the first shot of 30-06 you tried, and.....you fell on ground. :D..isn't it Katana? very much amusing. Wish one could have taken a snap or a movie. anyways. We enjoyed a lot. Also thank Mr. Katana for organising such a wonderful meet. Thanks again to Mr. Katana and all who really made it successful one.

Regards,

Jashwantsinh.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:34 pm

jashwantsinh wrote:Pritam,

Above all, I can never forget the first shot of 30-06 you tried, and.....you fell on ground. :D..isn't it Katana? very much amusing. Wish one could have taken a snap or a movie. anyways. We enjoyed a lot. Also thank Mr. Katana for organising such a wonderful meet. Thanks again to Mr. Katana and all who really made it successful one.

Regards,

Jashwantsinh.

Dear Jasvantsinhji,

Thanx for remembering that moment, while taking first shot with 30 06 I did lost control of kneeling position and was almost about on ground , second shot was with batter control and with third shot I was able to maintain kneeling position

My cousin had taken movies of shooting with his cell-phone, I will provide all the picks and movies to Katana in this weekend.

pritam

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:07 pm

PRITAM PATEL wrote: Thanx for remembering that moment, while taking first shot with 30 06 I did lost control of kneeling position and was almost about on ground , second shot was with batter control and with third shot I was able to maintain kneeling position

My cousin had taken movies of shooting with his cell-phone,
pritam
Thats a nice detailed account of your experience at the meet Pritam. Thanks. Looks like all of you had a good time.
Why didn't you take the shot standing (Thirty-oh six) instead of kneeling. Infact you could have tried the first couple of shots with some support to get an idea of the recoil.
Hope your shoulder is better now.

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm

and congrats on your 82% marks in the exam.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:59 pm

prashantsingh wrote:and congrats on your 82% marks in the exam.
thnx and regards

After long time I got a chance to shoot a real powder burner, could hardly able to manage sights on target with standing position so I took kneeling position to make sights possibly on target...

I guess I am getting old, got to join Gym or have frequent meeting in the filed and practice
pritam