IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IFG meet in Ahmedabad

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Dear All,

Kindly acknowledge,

Due to unfortunate DEMISE of Katana's Grandfather, IFG meet dated on 18th Dec. 2011 has been postponed.

Katana has left for M.P. for funeral and final cremation of his Grandfather

New date for IFG meet shall be decided after his return

Regards

Pritam Patel

May god give mercy and peace to his sole
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

For Advertising mail webmaster
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Hello folks,

My apologies for being away for so long and putting a spanner in everyone's dreams of shooting away on 18th. December. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away and I had to be away in Madhya Pradesh. Goes without saying that it would not have been prudent for everyone to shoot on my land in my absence.

Since I'm now back and rearing to go, could we have suggestions on probable dates when everyone would like to meet up. I would be contacting everyone on the list individually tomorrow onward, but it would be best to discuss the date on the forum itself in order for everyone to opinionate.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 am

Well, i am in, regardless of the dates.
:)
To Excellence through Diligence.

mahmood
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mahmood » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Same goes for me too. Any date which is ok with you Katana.

ravipatel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravipatel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm

I am waiting for date ...
Let's meet friends

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:58 pm

With Diwali holidays approaching would any of the Gujarat guys be interested in meeting up for a day out shooting? Airguns, rifles anything.......
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

zombie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zombie » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Count me in.
Guns are not evil. Humans are

Savaj Outdoors channel: www.youtube.com/savajoutdoors

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Katana,
> Congrats on conceptualizing an IFG meet in Gujarat :D
> Registration, Logistics, Accomodation, Catering, Targets / Range etc. need to be taken care of...
> Would suggest that you form a core team & then plan & allocate responsibilities for each of above - works well...
> Am just sharing this as we here in Mumbai have been successfully holding such meets at Lonavala for the past 3 years (Lonavala is an 11/2 hour drive from Mumbai city....
> The site for the meet is courtesy "Japaloupe" a riding school spread over 24 acres of wooded land....
> The main driving force is our own IFGian "Fantumfan" ....a virtual one man army who overseas registration / logistics / targets / competition / scoring / awards & what have you...
> Since it's a 'Day Affair' the need for accomodation does not arise...
> Ofcourse this is a contributory event as the proceeds take care of snacks, soft drinks, targets, lunch, awards etc.....
> The proceedings are as follows:
1. 15 days advance notice for confirming participation
2. On the day of the meet:
a) Registration > 8am to 9am
b) Snacks / Tea / Coffee 9am to 9.30am (Great opportunity for introductions / renewing old contacts / General banter etc.)
c) Setting up of targets > Ranging from 10 mtrs / 20mtrs / 40mtrs (BTW - This event/meet is for Air Arms only)
d) Monitoring entry for each category & appointing marshals for scoring & overseeing the proceedings...
e) Competition starts at 10.am...
f) 12pm collating results...
g) 1.00pm announcing winners followed by awards...
h) 1.30pm to 2.30pm lunch...
i) 3pm onwards 'Friendship Meet' - Participants exchange experiences with different types of air arms / ammo / springers, PCPs, Gas Rams, shooting techniques + plenty of humour thrown in + photo sessions etc. etc.
j) 4pm Tea & Snacks + more guft-gu.....
k) 5pm - Adios / Au Revoir / Hasta la Vista / Good Bye / Miltey Hain Yaar.....Till we meet again :D
> Finally from all IFGians of Maharashtra - We wish you 'All the Best' for a highly successful meet in Gujarat :D
:cheers:
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Katana,
> Please accept my condolences on your bereavement...
> May the departed Soul Rest in Peace.
> Please forgive me for the delayed response.
Briha

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Brihacharan,

Thank you very much for your wishes and your concern. However, my grandfather passed away in the winter of 2011 when we were planning a meet then.

As for your suggestions, I would gladly take them up but we are few in number (some of whom don't own guns but are more than welcome) and the idea of an competition is not really 'doable'. The reason to meet is just to catch up, trade stories, shoot a bit together and split by late afternoon. Tea is brewed on the field and snacks are brought in by whoever deems to be richer! Prizes for good shots are a handshake and a pat on the back.

Meanwhile, we'd love it if you could join us.

I have 2 confirmations till now: zombie and jashwantsinh. I think I could rope in pritampatel and avr, plus a couple of non-members. I suggest the word be sent to all gujarat guys who might want to join.

Tentatively I'd like to meet up on 9th or 10th of November.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:36 am

Hi Katana,
> Any event "Well Begun" is "Well Done" :D
> Agree that this meet is all about "Connecting" with gun lovers....
> Believe me the enthusiasm & energy when you guys meet will "Overflow"...
> Bear with me when I say that 'if chores are divided' the levels of participation will reach great heights!!!!
> Many thanks for your kind invitation...will certainly make an attempt to be present :D
> Best wishes... :cheers:
Briha

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:06 am

Some of the Ahmedabad off roading guys are planning a trip to the same venue on 14th. Might have a camp/ cook out scene. Anybody want to join in, do let me know.