First IFG Hunt... The much awaited Videos :)

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

First IFG Hunt... The much awaited Videos :)

Post by conty1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:14 am

Sorry it took so long and even now that I have them up, its a silly attempt on my part to make videos that can be best termed as a 'theatre prints'. (You'll know what I mean when you see the videos)

But anyway.... here they are.... hope the quality isn't too bad:

Some trap shooting before the actual hunt:

IFG - Sholay: :) (My favorite)

My first bird:

Sharief and I get one:

Enjoy....
Amit

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:38 am

Thakur

Good one

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Thakurs Amit/Sharief and Mehul, Great fun.
Could almost smell the powder cap'n
Enjoy
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: First IFG Hunt... The much awaited Videos :)

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:25 pm

Relived the moments... I hope you have unedited version also.. I need a copy... :D

We need to do it again guys soon very sooooooooooooooooooooon.... :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Thanks Amit for posting the videos. WHile I just need to think about that fantastic day to relive every scene, these are the icing on the cake! 8)

For those friends who were not there and who enjoyed these videos, a little reminder - the hunt was organised for Inder who was visiting from India. If any of you come up here and let us know in advance, we would be happy to organise something similar for you. This is an open invitation.

And, where else in the world would you get hunting side by side with an acting performance worthy of an Oscar thrown in as a special treat? :lol: Sharief is in the wrong profession - he needs to get into Hollywood and stop writing software. 8) :lol:

Cheers!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Amit,

Thanks for posting the videos.Why were the videos shot from a TV?

penpusher

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:16 pm

Amit, Thank you for posting the videos. I really enjoyed the time with you all and now reliving this is almost making me nostalgic.

To extend Mehul's invitation. Please anyone and everyone, when you come over "Stateside", let us know and we can plan something. In the fall, we shall organize something even better. Not to take away anything from this experience but I honestly believe we can do better. So, stay tuned.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:30 pm

I can't see a bloody thing. Some thing about Flash Player or something of the sort.

Inder, bring that CD over when you get it.

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Well, the video quality wasn't too hot - but I quite enjoyed the Gabbar routine! :) Sharief, next stop bollywood? ;) :lol:

Seems like you guys had a grand time! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:20 am

I'm thankfull you guys are not judges on Indian/American Idol or you'd select the wrong guy/gal for the wrong qualities.

Reading Mack The Knife's fishing thread, I'm thinking this fall's trip should include atleast a couple of hours of drive and an evening with the guys. I'm thinking (dreaming), we start from our places, Friday night, reach the place late, sleep, hunt next day, evening around campfire/fireplace chatting, eating, some drinking, drive back Sunday. What do you say Chicagoans ?

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:04 am

looks like u guys had good fun .. y don't u post the original video ??..looks like this video is recorded from TV ..

cheers
Mandeep

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:59 am

Well, the video is shot from a TV because originally I shot the videos on the hunt on my DVD camcorder. But, I can't convert the DVD to a format that I can upload on the internet :( (Praveen ... hope you are reading this. That software didn't help.) So I just played the videos on the TV and shot it using my other digital camera that saves videos as a .MOV file.

Anyone else got any ideas how to convert DVDs to a MPEG or AVI or something along those lines? Please PM me. And I'm not too keen on spending 40-50 bucks on a software!!

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nineteeneleven » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:06 am

Oh man....Hmmm...can you give me a copy of the DVD from which you wanted to convert to AVI? Let me try and do something else.....

-Praveen

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:47 am

With pleasure Praveen. Let me know when you are back in town from Atlanta and I'll hand you a copy of the original DVD :)

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:50 am

Amit,

A friend from Pakistan suggested using Rapidshare - since it is free, if you have a little time, would you please try it out?

Praveen,

When will you be back? Maybe we could all go up to Wisconsin and get some rifle shooting together...

Cheers!