IFG-Kala Teeter outing

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 pm

That will be a good idea... Abhijeet should start for searching a good range for shooting.

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: IFG-Kala Teeter outing

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:40 pm

Friends,

I have to drive a bit in a few minutes and SWMBO will skin me if I delay, so please pardon any omissions here. :lol:

For the IFG air rifle matches all that are required are six targets for each shooter as the BGRC also follows a two shooters at a time timed format. Having more than two shooters at a time can be difficult to verify and the whole thing could go awry. So you have the coming towards and going away series of three shots each at ranges to be decided - 10, 15 and 20 yards? Or 15, 20 and 25? It is entirely upto you gentlemen to decide depending on the size of the ground where you hold the match.

For the new members who are not familiar with the discussions on this on the old Yahoo boards, I would request that Mack The Knife who has done this, please organise something when there is an IFG meeting at Bangalore and if Inder could film it and put it up on Youtube, then newer members would be able to understand how simple the whole thing is - and how much extreme fun. 8)

Again, I would repeat this very public request to our friends in the press to cover this and give us some publicity. If any of them would like me to talk to them, I would be more than happy to call them on the phone from here.

I know, Tanmay, that I have promised to call you and haven't so far. :oops: It's just that I've been caught up in too much and haven;t been able to talk to my friend in Washington as well... :( Should do it either tonight or tomorrow without fail.

Cheers! And do remember that this match is more to have maximum fun as a group while shooting under circumstances that would be of use in the field than a mere paper punching match. We should leave that kind of silliness to the ISSF geeks. :lol:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Mack The Knife i think it was 6 bot of beer for 7 people...
You guys _Indr and you- set the precedent before us with all that hugging ;) remember? whats a lil pinch?
Sounds good Mehul, Gotta develop our own style...paper punching is good-but the there is more to do in this world...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:56 pm

Mack The Knife i think it was 6 bot of beer for 7 people...
I think you've been had. According to Dev there were a round dozen, not to mention the Scotch. :mrgreen: Sock it to them, Asif! :mrgreen:
You guys _Indr and you- set the precedent before us with all that hugging
:shock: HUH??? :shock:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:55 pm

Scotch! :shock: Hey... how come I didn't get any?! :evil: :lol: No scotch Mack The Knife... was just a few beers...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Add another to the list....

Read Dev's post again. ;)

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:08 pm

That musta been later , when Abhijeet took the boys out...I was had by the fish.See em jump , but they wouldnt bite.
Mack The Knife, I'd read 'pinch' as 'punch'
the precedent was Inder offering some major hugs, I think on yahoo groups...?!

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:24 pm

That musta been later , when Abhijeet took the boys out...I was had by the fish.See em jump , but they wouldnt bite.
I thought there weren't any fish in the water... :roll: ;)
Mack The Knife, I'd read 'pinch' as 'punch'
Aww... come on...time you and Dev came out of the closet. :mrgreen:

the precedent was Inder offering some major hugs, I think on yahoo groups...?!
"Wingman to flight leader; watch your six, sir! Bandit on your tail!" ;)

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I think Dev was referring to Kala Teeter beer as firewater... is that what got you confused? ;) It was beer during the day - 8 bottles of strong Haryana brew to be precise! And it was beer later at PBN as well... made a serendipitous discovery that evening.. PBN offers a Happy hour :mrgreen:

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:57 pm

Nope.

This bit... "By now Dad has had about two bottles and he is added some scottish to the normal english..."

:mrgreen:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:10 pm

That must be the lilt and the tilt ;) after the KT-does it to grown men I'm told...Abhijeet?Henry?Dev?

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 am

mundaire";p="11813 wrote: And it was beer later at PBN as well... made a serendipitous discovery that evening.. PBN offers a Happy hour
After having kala teetar abhijeet was talking as teetar but as he got that fabulous offer of happy hour at PBN he started flying like king fisher. :) ;)
But that was not abhijeet's fault... Why they gave more KF when he ordered just one. :mrgreen:

Danish

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:31 am

:lol: I guess I better go easy on the "juice", at the next IFG meet... Irish coffee anyone? ;) :mrgreen:

www.gunowners.in

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="11759 wrote:
Now we even have enough targets to make a small setup.
How many?
When I said small setup I was thinking of around 10 targets. I've got two and you must be having more than two :wink:. and if we plan this in April when Ranjeet will be here then we will have one more participant and more targets. We just need some more...

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Spot on Doc...I meant the slurring and sounding like sean connery bit, apologies for the confusion ;-).

regards,

dev

eljefe";p="11822 wrote: That must be the lilt and the tilt ;) after the KT-does it to grown men I'm told...Abhijeet?Henry?Dev?
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.