IFG-Kala Teeter outing

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

IFG-Kala Teeter outing

Post by eljefe » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:10 am

Will ask Abhijeet for the precis to follow the pics!
Great fun was had by all, especially when our cars nearly got a free wash while we were getting a coffee at radisson.
Best
Axx

Edited to host the pictures on photobucket.com for better viewing - Abhijeet
Last edited by eljefe on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IFG-Kala Teeter outing

Post by eljefe » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:12 am

Prequel...

Dev, describing the one that got away...

Abhijeet & Henry, a gun & fishing friend from UK

Edited to host the pictures on photobucket.com for better viewing - Abhijeet

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:22 am

For the benefit of those not from this neck 'o the woods, kala = black and teeter = partridge, while one might have liked this topic to be referring to another type of field sport... :( Aisf in his post is alluding to my favourite local Haryana brew - Black Partridge beer... packs quite a kick! Now to the post at hand ;)

Dev, his dad, Asif, Henry and I hooked up with Danish and Zafar at the Radisson and from there we went on straight to Najafgarh. While the fishermen in our group fixed their baits and began making their casts, us fishing novices/ "hanger ons" ;) passed around the beers and generally made a nuisance of ourselves! :lol:

After a bit, as the weather warmed up... Uncle (Dev's dad), Zafar and I went off to see if we could source some grub... on our way out we gathered some local intelligence to the effect that we were fishing at the wrong spot. This piece of info was passed on to Danish/ Dev and while we left... the rest of the gang packed up, to move to the location which was "supposedly" happy hunting grounds...

When we got back with samosas, chips, mithai etc. (that's all we could get at the local basti) - Asif had already chatted up the water works/ irrigation department chap, given him "baksheesh" and generally ensured that all of us were very welcome at the new spot... :) Asif, Dev, Danish and Henry being the only earnest fishing folk amongst us... were hard at work casting/ reeling in/ and generally doing things that do not go bang ;)

Meanwhile I had a rather interesting conversation with Zafar about the kind of sport that used to be shot in their area before the ban on hunting came into effect... Another conversation with Henry revealed that he spent the first 25 odd years of his life in India and actually worked for the railways here... which in the 50's meant he got in a fair bit of sport as well... Some nice old time pictures were passed around :)

During all this, while there was not a single nibble to be had... more local info dribbles in.... apparently this is not a good spot either... there is a local pond/ lake off the road which is where the action is at... so we pack up and leave for this (from all de.scriptions) fishing heaven. On reaching there... while we see loads of waterfowl... we realise the lake/ pond of repute is a commercial fishery of sorts, and much worse - is in the process of being drained out! :P

So our earnest fisher folk cast in the adjoining pond and eventually, it is time to go home...

So no fish... but an excellent day out with friends! :) Got the opportunity to make the acquaintance of Henry and Zafar and also to finally meet up with Danish in person, all excellent gents! :)

Asif, Dev & Danish - please do add to this post... :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. - Will post the other camera's pictures tomorrow
Last edited by mundaire on Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:30 am

Beautiful pics and do post the rest soon. This is really nice - multiple IFG members' meetings at different locations. We are growing into a superb group of friends! 8)

Thanks Asif and Abhijeet and shall wait for the rest to join in.

Cheers!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:33 am

What baits were you chaps using?

The water looks productive enough, for cats if nothing else.

Another fishing report to follow on the 12th after Inder and I return. You guys want to fly down for a fishing session on the 10th and 11th? Water level has fallen drastically so the fishing may not be good enough though.

Thanks for the pics and write-up.

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:20 am

Dev, Zafar & Danish at the first spot

Danish & Zafar - IFG members from Uttar Pradesh

Dev and Uncle - Dev is describing the croc he wrestled with down under ;)

The good doc :)

Not a nibble!

Our last stop for the day - "Punjabi by Nature" at Vasant Vihar, for some "Fish Amritsari" ;)

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:53 am

Asif, you aren't going to catch much if you hold the rod that way. Hold the ruddy line with the tip of your index finger or get a Bait Runner and relax! :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:16 pm

So I'm not the only one here who has had bad luck fishing. :lol: In any case the lunches/dinners and the company are vastly more important than anything else. Nice outing and lovely pics. Hope you gentlemen make it here and join us sometime.

Cheers!

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Great outing folks !

The last pic.... "Fish Amritsari" and KF :x

( madness driven by jealousy) !
Last edited by Sujay on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:48 pm

Sounds like a real good time. Today was a Sunday, Danish is in Delhi and I had a Pilatus P 12 to transport me to Delhi this morning. Just couldn't co-ordinate earlier or would have come to Delhi for a day. Didn't have any return bookings though and being a Sunday all airline offices in Delhi would have been closed.

Looking forward to come to Delhi and meet all of you soon.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:09 pm

Mack The Knife, they were scooping out cats by the barrel at the fisheries pond that was being drained! So there may indeed have been a few in the places our team was fishing... Will leave it to the experts to comment on this... :)

Mehul, if and when I make it to the US, without doubt I'll be looking you guys up! :)

Sujay, when you are in Delhi next, do look us up and the "Fish Amritsari" and KF will be waiting! :)

Shahid, Look forward to that too! Danish was all praises for you... I hope to hear/ see you give us some wing shooting pointers, when here! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 pm

Mack The Knife, they were scooping out cats by the barrel at the fisheries pond that was being drained! So there may indeed have been a few in the places our team was fishing... Will leave it to the experts to comment on this...
That's the experts up against the wall then. :mrgreen:

Tell me, the blighters were just too lazy to dig around for some earthworms weren't they?

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:29 pm

Really look forward to see you Abhijeet. Should have boarded that Pilatus Aircraft this morning. It is being ferried for a shooter friend Mr. Navin Jindal. VT - JSL, should arrive in Delhi at 4 PM today. How's the food at Punjabi by Nature, heard its a great joint. Longing for some genuine Indian spicy Dhaba style food of Badarpore border or Agra road fame. Kingfishers are available here too.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Nice Pics,But Kaal Teeter is not visible!lol
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:30 pm

Mack The Knife,
bait-atta, sweetened, atta with sunflower oilseed pressing (khal), prawn, only didnt cut off my finger and dangle it in the sewer :twisted: Bait runners for my lil ugly stik? will add it on the next step up rod 8)
Hair rigs, boilies, leger, spinners-should have pulled out the 6" poppers...All rivers within 200 km of delhi are devoid of non mutant life.
You should see the variations in D minor that I use to feel the line-this time I had it on the OUTSIDE of my finger-nails are more sensitive!! :oops:
Seriously planning Pong dam near c'garh next month or so-I have an air ambulance workshop to conduct soon and cant make it down, much as I'd like too :cry:

Shahid-I like the Pilatus-done a whole load of medevacs on them-as far as Dhaka, as close as Lucknow-the Deccan Crew is good-.Dont think Sanjay and Vikas were your pilots-their callsign is different.This time i could get a pic easily from the PC-am mostly PC challenged and it shows-clean forgot about photbucket :oops:
All-
kala teeter-is synonymous with Haryana and the awesome hospitality.get here and enjoy.
Best
Axx