atomic fish on Sunday 16th Sept

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:51 pm

[/quote]
Damn them ;-), hopefully it will rain turtles on them.
Dev
[/quote]

WITH THEIR SHELLS DOWNWARDS !!! :mrgreen:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Sad to report - we lost the battle with the atomic mangurs {read catfish}... :(

The day started at 10.30 at the atomic lake with 3 ol' horses (actually 2 old and 1 new !!) trying their might against the unknown wrigglers in the pond. Intelligence was gathered from locals who said that mostly mangurs lurked in the waters. The best brands of rods in the world with adequately matched reels, German, English, Chinese... along with three different sizes of hooks and three types baits were deployed. The baits were : 1) atta flavoured with haldi, heeng and zeera. 2) brown bread flavoured with lovely vanilla 3) earthworms

Both mine and Dev's baits were gobbled up on three occasions ! Once Dev had a hit but before he could try to reel in the guy, the mangur flexed its muscles and tore off the entire fixture of hook, bait, weight and floater !! It was loss of ammunition for Dev and a new one had to be fixed.

Abhijeet's knot on the line tying the hook was wetted with a quick lick of the tongue, but alas the tongue had the bubbles of lager beer ! :D
And the mangurs were in no mood to taste beer today... so no luck there either...

Well, what we learnt from this lost battle was to bait the enemy with meat !! They simply love it... OR simple WHITE atta OR Dev's concoction of bread with vanilla. So we'll tackle the devils again with the right ammo and see the results once again.

What we really enjoyed was the good weather, some excellent chilled beer and snacks with lots of talk, relaxation and peace in the wilderness...in the company of close friends... Most fulfilling and delightful outing to say the least. Some pics follow... and ofcourse Dev and Abhijeet can carry on with more of the experience...

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:03 pm

A crash course on the tricks warfare from the good Doc was very helpful in firing up at the site...
AND I can't seem to attach the pictures.. ??? :(

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:06 pm

My intelligence officer informs me that you caught your first fish but you don't mention it?

Glad you had a good time.

Mack The Knife

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Dev was suggesting that we head to CR Park to buy fish for trophy... and ofcourse to cover our red faces.... :)
BUT it didn't happen... we'll STAND to fight another day...

So, your intelligence officer needs to re-recruit mukhbirs {read khabaries, read informers} :lol:

penpusher

Re: atomic fish on Sunday 16th Sept

Post by penpusher » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:52 pm

Anupam";p="26793 wrote: Dev was suggesting that we head to CR Park to buy fish for trophy... and ofcourse to cover our red faces.... :)
BUT it didn't happen... we'll STAND to fight another day...

So, your intelligence officer needs to re-recruit mukhbirs {read khabaries, read informers} :lol:
Another example of what I always feel.That what ever/whoever has the word 'Intelligence' tagged on to it is certainly errrr ....the abode of the least intelligent/intellectually challenged to be politically correct.But then this is a forum for gun lovers and so is certainly not politically correct.So let me say 'morons'.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Be careful penpusher. My one legged Canaris won't take kindly to such slurs.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Anupam";p="26793 wrote:Dev was suggesting that we head to CR Park to buy fish for trophy... and ofcourse to cover our red faces.... :)
There's nothing to be ashamed off. I have had five whole weekends that drew a blank but I'd rather have a blank weekend instead of sitting at home typing on an internet forum.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:56 pm

You have one-legged Canaries ? Do they fall off their perches when their foot gets tired ?

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:12 pm

....and land on their heads and then hop around in circles.Saw one in the morning do this.Had me really puzzled.Oh,by the way,it was really busy jotting down something on a notebook before the rather unfortunate accident.Should I send it to Bawana Mack The Knife now that we know whom the canary is working for.

penpusher

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:39 pm

Only if it`s a homing Canary. If it`s the ordinary type it`ll just fly away.
Yeah, they do look quite efficient when they`re taking notes but they have to use shorthand as they can`t write too much.........they have no pockets so there`s only place that they can carry their messages................................
Have you seen `M` .... - er, Mack The Knife - dealing with his mail ? That black stuff on his fingers that he swears is gun oil is actually bird cr*p.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:44 pm

Anupam, that's a very well written report.Does not mattewr if you haven't cought fish.You managed to catch the magic of the moments which otherwise would have gone wasted.

Glad you all had fun.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:06 pm

Hah ! Take note penpusher - it would appear that Vikram is the British agent in `M`s network. A `sleeper`obviously...........He`s never been exactly lively when I`ve seen him anyway.
By the way, the one-legged Canaries have been issued crash helmets to prevent them braining themselves when they fall off their perches. This makes them much easier to identify.
The assassin Canaries that mother......er `M`, threatened you with are nasty things - they have specially sharpened beaks with which they nibble their victims to death.......very unpleasant as death can take weeks.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:34 pm

Grumpy";p="26827 wrote:
The assassin Canaries that mother......er `M`, threatened you with are nasty things - they have specially sharpened beaks with which they nibble their victims to death.......very unpleasant as death can take weeks.
The one's 'Q' has worked on have poisoned beaks.The only thing is that they keep on poisoning themselves every time they feed.

penpusher

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:03 am

Yes, I heard that......Kept biting their tongues as I understand it.

I gather that Mother is doubling as `Q` nowadays - you just can`t get the staff !
It`s rumoured that he/she is working on tiny air-guns for the assassin Canaries now - both rifles and pistols.

The most dangerous of those `licenced to kill` one legged Canaries - Agent 0.07 Admiral Wilhelm Bond - is in England at the moment taking delivery of his new car, a Lamborghini Budgerieago two-seater which is being fitted with an ejector cage, millet dispenser ( very slippery for other cars to drive on ) Cuttlefish wheel trims ( too soft to do any damage in my opinion ) and dangling mirrors to blind other road users.