Tamilnadu Shooting Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
ragunnaath
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: MEMBERSHIP TO RIFLE CLUB

Post by ragunnaath » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am

IndianShot";p="40164 wrote:Hi Ebenezer,

Thanks for the information about rifle club in chennai, Am a newbee in this forum. It would be of great helip if I can have the contact number\person for this rifle club.

Cheers,
Arvind

Hi Arvind,

As Ebenezer mentioned, the administrative office for the Chennai Rifle Club is at the premises of the Rani Weekly press on Poonamalee High Road. I suppose you will have to meet one Mrs.Beula Moses on the second floor for more information on the membership. But as a couple of them have mentioned, the answer that you may get is that the membership is full for the next year.

I contacted the office about a year back and I got the same response. From other sources I was told that you would have to pay a donation to the tune of Rs.1.5 Lakhs to be able to get into the membership roles of the club.

There are other procedures to be completed apart from the donation part which includes two recommendations from exisiting active club members and a police verification etc.

All said, I would recommend that you step into the office and get first hand information on the formalities.

What I have stated above is what I've heard from external sources.

Hope I've been helpful with the above info.

Regards,
Ragu

For Advertising mail webmaster
GOPENATH
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GOPENATH » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 am

Hi
Is there any course /camp like in india for learning shooting as a sport level activity. If so kindly let us know the contact info. Iam from chennai. Some years back i tried to join in chennai club but as mentioned i have not got clear answer for admission level activities during my talks with them.

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:30 am

Hi Comrades,
As mentioned earlier, I did enquire about membership when I was in Chennai in their administrative office & met a gentleman (forgot his name) last year in December. I was told that the membership was full & will have to come back in 2009 Mar. I then went to the Commissionar's office in Egmore to have a look at the range. I met an officer there & he asked me get membership. When I narrated what had happened, he asked me if I had any contacts at high levels. The Chairman of the association is also the MD of Daily Thanthi, one of the highest circulated newspapers in Tamil. The officer said that influence will make the process easier.
So this is straight from the horse's mouth. Am not sure of the donation part as I did not pursue this any further since I got transfered to Delhi.
But as suggested by Ragu, it is best to meet them in person. Things may have changed in this span of a year.
All the best!

Cheers,
Rup
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”

muthukumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Tamilnadu Shooting Association

Post by muthukumar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:59 pm

How many rifleclubs in tamilnadu
how to appaly to new rifle club please send the dettails to my fllowing id

-- Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:38 am --

how to form a new rifle club i am alredy life member in madurai rifle club (m.muthukumar) please send me the dettails following id [email protected]

muthukumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by muthukumar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:47 pm

Any one can say about archery club how to form a new club and how many archery club in tamilnadu please send the details following e mail id [email protected]

-- Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 am --

Any one can say about archery club how to form a new club and how many archery club in tamilnadu please send the details following e mail id [email protected]

rajhkumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajhkumar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm

hi,i need to join chennai rifle club.. pl send me prrocedures and fees detail to join..........

tirths
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirths » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

They usually don't want you to join them :evil: If you are ready to pay 1.5l you are welcome there.
Personality: MBTI>> INTJ
GUN: CFX, Titan, Longbow, B40, Cannon-65

vellorenavin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vellorenavin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Greetings guys
Dr, Navin from chennai here. My father obtained a license for a pistol a couple of months ago. Am planning on a .32 calibre pistol. My dad is a member of legislative assembly and has always had to surrender his shotgun on previous occasions during elections.I have trawled IFG extensively to try and find a solution to circumvent this problem, as he has had threats to his life in the past and is under constant security cover. We have never been members of any rifle association ever. Now if i understand correctly, i (meaning dad) have to take nrai membership direct, or better still take a membership from a state association affiliated to NRAI. correct? can you please list the associations in tamilnadu affiliated to nrai and their contact details? (only the air base INS AGRANI in combatore is listed by abhijeet in another post) does that mean there are none in chennai with affiliations?

regards,
Dr. Navin

trammway
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by trammway » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Dr. Navin,

Like you many of us are suffering from monopoly of Chennai Rifle Club in Chennai, There are very few shooting ranges and clubs are available in Tamilnadu that are associated with NRAI. They are located in:

1. Chennai
2. Tuticorin
3. Coimbatore
4. Madurai
5. Ooty (Nilgiri Rifle Club)

Not sure if Trichy got one, expect the Chennai Rifle Club you can get place in other clubs however the Ooty club is almost come to defunct state as far as some of my friends knowledge.

Dr. C. Sylendra Babu I.P.S.(Coimbatore Police Commissioner) who is also President of Coimbatore Rifle Club runs 2 shooting ranges near chennai for schools.

If you are interested in setting up one, call me we can create our partnership and executing the noble cause for all the shooters in Chennai :mrgreen:

fearfactory
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by fearfactory » Wed May 12, 2010 7:33 am

And if i understand this right, becoming a member might/will make it easier/possible for us to import air pistols/rifles into India from verified 'Phoren' dealers....SIGH!!!... :oops:

exevpops
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by exevpops » Wed May 26, 2010 11:20 am

KIND ATTN : CONCERNED OFFICER
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am Shreepadh.R living in chennai and interested to join the club with all the formalities duly fulfilled.
Please give me some informations so that i can take initiative to join the club at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards
Shreepadh.R
EXE ASST TO VICE PRESIDENT(OPERATIONS)
SDB CISCO (INDIA) LIMITED

drjones
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drjones » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 am

Hi Siva,
Trichy has got a rifle club too.
Dr.Jones

drjones
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drjones » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:24 am

Hi, Any idea of who is the main Man of Chennai rifle club? I know its Mr.Sivanthi Aathithanar, anybody else who has the power to give a membership, does the Chennai commisioner has any voice? Please enlighten.
Dr.Jones

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 am

Drjones,

The city police commissioner just holds an honorary post in the club. Sivandhi Aadityan holds the key. No amount of money or influence will work unless he decides.

Regards,
Ebenezer

drjones
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drjones » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks Mr.Ebenezer. Will follow through.
Dr.Jones