Maharashtra Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Maharashtra Rifle Association

Post by amk » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 pm

give them a call, they're not going to answer emails promptly. They may make you run around in circles even if you do call them but it's much faster than emails.
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

For Advertising mail webmaster
sniper22
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re:

Post by sniper22 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:22 pm

shadow wrote: Coming to membership fee, life is for Rs 30,000 + Rs 2000 for annual renewal and for annual fee it is Rs 10000. It is non-tranferable to any other state association. However the member has the benefit again to use the club's equipments (the quality of which am not too sure of)

Cheers,
Rup
Just a clarification the life membership fee is Rs.30000/- and has no annual renewal fee. Ordinary membership is Rs.10000/- + Rs.2000 annual renewal fee. Both memberships are lifetime membership.

sniper22

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Just had a call today from MRA that there's a one-day safety course there (@ Worli) TOMORROW (Sat, March 12th) around 3:30PM. Costs INR 500 (for some bond) - any AR/ AP Club membership card to be brought along. Contact # 24930064. Sorta short notice but call up earlier in the morning for confirmation, I suppose? :-)
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Anyone who has a rifle club membership would have been trained on basic safety rules while handling guns.

MRA Worli conducts a very comprehensive for all rifle club members.

It is mandatory to attend this course of one wants to compete in any of the matches at MRA.
You also have to give a notarised undertaking.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:11 am

Hi,

Just wanted to check, if the old clubs at MRA are still around or have been dissolved?

I am referring to DWARD and Bombay Rifle Club, in the good old days you could not be a member of MRA, but joined one of the clubs. Is this still the case?

Or is MRA membership the only way to go.

Have great memories at the range....

Hope to hear from you all.

Adi
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Maharashtra Rifle Association.

Post by sudhirkh » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Maharashtra Rifle Association. website http://www.mra.org.in/ does not provide proper information, i dont understand how this association is still survived ? :(

Ali_tailor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ali_tailor » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi
All,
I have make call today to MRA for inquire about a basic rifle cource, I find that there INR 4000 :!: for four days trainning it will be for 10 mt.
I asked for 50 Mt. she told me that after basic trainning you have to paricipat in copetition held by MRA if you earn a qalifyeng score then only you can go for 50mt.

any comment any suggesion please.

Thanks

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Check with Swantantryaveer Savarkar Air Rifle Club at Dadar - also affiliated with MRA. 24455578. Their fees are less at INR 2500 (plus you get to sit in a/c classroom). After that you shall need to shell out INR 500 for mandatory MRA course. Bond fees extra. Check with MRA if they have bond fees included in INR 4K. If not, take a call.
==
(Death Wish V)

Ali_tailor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ali_tailor » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks
Airgun_novice
I am thinking about to Join Swantantryaveer Savarkar only, due to meber ship fee and facility better than MRA.
Thanks

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:51 am

Touch base with them after the 23rd of Nov for the new training schedule. Something ought to shape up by then; once the Nationals get over at Balewadi. Good luck Ali_tailor.
==
(Death Wish V)

mayuri
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mayuri » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:34 am

shadow wrote:Hi comrades, Sheila Kanungo is Commonwealth Games Silver Medalist in 2002.

This in continuation of my previous post. It was a great learning experience. Ofcourse I felt the duration of 4 days was too short a time to learn. The coach was Sheila Kanungo, national champion in pistol shooting - very helpful indeed!

Am taking up the membership of MRA. Apparently they have not been spending on beautification of the venue as they want to invest in buying good firearms & ammo for the association.

More later...

Cheers,
Rup

Vikasr
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vikasr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I want to learn shooting sport but want to know how can i start with and from where???

Thanks and regards,
Vikas Ranjane

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Where are you based, Vikas?

Vikasr
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vikasr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Arrun,

I Stay at Dombivli (Thane) and go to Job in Navi Mumbai.

This Sunday I visited MRA but they they have their basic course for Rifle Shooting in Week days only :( which is not possible for me due to Job.

My Job timing is 10 am to 6 pm. can u please guide me where can i get weekend batch or i can manage after 6.30 pm also.

Thanks & regards
Vikas Ranjane

sudhirkh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sudhirkh » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:12 pm

can you please give me contact details of MRA ?

Ali_tailor wrote:Hi
All,
I have make call today to MRA for inquire about a basic rifle cource, I find that there INR 4000 :!: for four days trainning it will be for 10 mt.
I asked for 50 Mt. she told me that after basic trainning you have to paricipat in copetition held by MRA if you earn a qalifyeng score then only you can go for 50mt.

any comment any suggesion please.

Thanks