Delhi State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association

Post by Safarigent » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Thats B.S.
Rajiv and the guys at dsra are doing a good job for shooters here in delhi.
If there is a hurdle, it is out of place to comment without knowing what the problem is.
My own membership was stuck for close on to 5 months, but i got it eventually.
So please persevere.
In good faith,
A
To Excellence through Diligence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Totally agree with ab. Perfectionist1 are you a member ? Rajiv is not as active now due to a family problem and we who know him are aware that he needs his space.
Go thru the web page you can talk to other members of DSRA who deal with membership.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association Membership

Post by sa_ali » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:52 pm

mundaire wrote:You don't even need to be a member to participate... to the best of my knowledge!
I think this has changed, I got information from another shooter, that NRAI has made it mandatory to be member of a rifle association to be able to participate. Can this info be double checked.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:13 pm

I'll double check at the range this week with Harnam Singh who is the DSRA rep at DKSR.

Dev, you are correct. Rajiv gave me a patient ear and only mentioned at the end of the conversation why he couldnt be available last week. Hopefully all is well now.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:29 pm

SS wrote:I'll double check at the range this week with Harnam Singh who is the DSRA rep at DKSR.
Yes pls, that will be great

sethi1981
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sethi1981 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Hello everyone

I am new to this sport. I have learnt from the discussions that to import air rifles i need to be a member of state rifle association.
I am mainly interested in pistol shooting but in the meanwhile would like to polish my skills with air rifles.
So if anybody here can help me get lifetime membership of DSRA. I would really appreciate.

Hoping for a prompt and positive reply

Regards,
Gagan

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Gagan,

1. You will need to get a membership form for DSRA- PM me and I will send you the number of the person you need to speak to
2. Fill the form and get recommendation from 2 existing members. Contact various ppl on this forum to see who could provide the recommendation
3. Get the form recommended by a Govt official/gazetted officer
4. Submit to DSRA office along with requisite fee (currently Rs. 10,000 for lifetime) and wait for the membership.

SS

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Yesterday, I got my DSRA membership card - it took 6 months from the date of start of the "Project" and 5 months since the date the signed and recomended form was submitted. I applied for a 5 year membership instead of lifetime...a mistake...always go for Lifetime (it Rs. 10K vs. 5 yr for Rs. 5K). As I look at the DSRA membership card it reads:

Member till: Annual Member

No dates!! not the date of issue of the card, not even expiry date. No one, looking at that membership card can tell if my membership is valid or expired. No membership or ID card should ever be made such a way. This card does not even tell if it is valid or not. I'm thinking, for my own good I should put a note/reminder when to renew in year 2017 (the card wont remind me)!?!

A question: Will the customs guys (on import) rely on this card? They wouldnt know if my membership to dsra is valid? Is that the reason they ask for a letter from the Association?

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 pm

The Delhi State competitions are from 27th Sept. The last date for filling in the forms is 25th. One does not need to be a member of the association to participate.

Anyone participating in the small bore category?

SS

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 am

nupadhya wrote:Yesterday, I got my DSRA membership card - it took 6 months from the date of start of the "Project" and 5 months since the date the signed and recomended form was submitted. I applied for a 5 year membership instead of lifetime...a mistake...always go for Lifetime (it Rs. 10K vs. 5 yr for Rs. 5K). As I look at the DSRA membership card it reads:

Member till: Annual Member

No dates!! not the date of issue of the card, not even expiry date. No one, looking at that membership card can tell if my membership is valid or expired. No membership or ID card should ever be made such a way. This card does not even tell if it is valid or not. I'm thinking, for my own good I should put a note/reminder when to renew in year 2017 (the card wont remind me)!?!

A question: Will the customs guys (on import) rely on this card? They wouldnt know if my membership to dsra is valid? Is that the reason they ask for a letter from the Association?

Congrats on getting DSRA membership.
Lifetime membership might have been better....

Anyway, try and make the best out of it. You may participate in the forthcoming DSRA competitions.

cheers!
Nishant

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 pm

I've been following up with DSRA for my lifetime membership for nearly 6 months now. They keep on postponing saying it will take a couple of more months. I was told early Feb that it will be completed in mid Feb. I spoke to the secretary today and he said it wil take another 2-3 months. He said I could take the annual membership which has "no voting rights for 2 years" and will "not interfere with their process of AGM and elections post audit" :? :roll:

What would be the right authority to escalate this to? The NRAI? I'll be pursuing this further and maybe rubbing ppl the wrong way in the process. But it seems like an awfully long wait.

Regards,
SS

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:15 pm

There is no authority to escalate this to... It's a technical hitch due to some election of Board members which is pending. NRAI has nothing to do with this...

A good idea is to take up the yearly membership and later convert it to Life Membership as soon as the field clears. Besides voting rights, all other benefits are open to you in yearly membership !

HTH !

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks Olly,

But isn't the DSRA affiliated to the NRAI thereby being accountable to NRAI in its overall functioning. It clearly cannot be running as an independent unit unaccountable to anyone?

Regards,
SS

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

I guess we should be content with the sweetness of the banana, rather than bothering about how it grew... ! :P

BTW, the new annual member applications have been approved and cards are being prepared...

bodhijobs
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by bodhijobs » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 pm

I dont see any reason why an annual membership shouldnt be taken if its available. I guess we need the membership to compete and get ammo or equipments, voting right is not exactly a requirement, and anyway the annual membership can be converted to life membership on a later stage.
Shoot Safe and Shoot Smart...