Delhi State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: Delhi State Rifle Association

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:01 pm

Olly wrote:Wow ! What sarcasm in your tone !!
I thought I wouldn't disappoint since you had tried so hard to egg me on. Classical case of haves and have nots.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:34 am

You seem speechless on the other things that I egged you on... ?

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:05 am

Hi Olly,
Things are grtting out of hand here.
DSRA is amongst the better associations of this country. That is a fact.
Can it be better. Yes. And that is a fact too.
Feedback being offered here is in good faith. It is not meant for the officials to get defensive about.
Some motivational feedback:
You guys are providing ammo at the karni singh range.
You guys are accessible to your members.
Members feedback is actively listened to. Case in point being when skeet shooters told the Vice President of the DSRA that they needed skeet ammo to be issued on weekdays too, he agreed immediately and sorted things out. And that helped.
There is an image of honesty, atleast amongst the general public, about the office bearers.

Developmental feedback:
Get some firearms of your own like other associations are under the NRAI scheme.
Have ammo issuance everyday. I am sure nobody will mind paying extra for such a convenience. And the fiscal burden shared equally will be very little for each individual.
Give aspiring members what they want, not what you think they deserve.

You, as an office bearer of DSRA, by merely responding to feedback on a public forum have raised the stature of DSRA above the nrai and the dgc etc. does anyone of their office bearer take such efforts?
But at the same time, we asked auestions to which we havent got solid answers.
What reasons are given for delay in membership? Tell us what the reasons are? Mortals or not, we have a right to know.
Plus, us folks getting into ego matches only divides us as a community. Your being a multiple renowned shot or SS being a GVM participant or someone else being able to only afford an ihp and plink; they all deserve the same respect.
Lets all keep our egos in check and utilize the power of this forum which helps us all.
In the end, we really would like to know why those life memberships arent getting through.
To Excellence through Diligence.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:48 am

Now that's something nice and positive ! Much appreciate it...
Sarcasm in responses need to be highlighted, me thinks.

First, I am NOT an official of DSRA, nor their spokesman, nor even a member of their Governing Board. My idea of asking for names of membership seekers was only with the intention of helping out by speaking personally to the concerned officials and revert back on any lacuna in applications.

Second, I do wish to see DSRA as one of the best managed Rifle Associations in the country and to that effect, I voluntarily contribute my time and effort. I do pass on feedback and suggestions to the concerned officials to bring the issues to their attention. Perhaps this is one of many reasons why things are 'moving' at DSRA. For the un-initiated, DSRA was the host state association to conduct both the North Zone and the Nationals this year; and both the competitions went through smoothly without incident or bad-blood, which usually hasn't been the case in many previous competitions.

Third, DSRA is not a family managed show with common surnames, as you may find with other sporting bodies. It is a fully democratic Association with competent members (nearly all of them being shooters of eminence - Jury, Coaches, Renowned Shooters, World record holders etc). However, there are attempts at 'grabbing' the DSRA through unscrupulous means, and therefore the office-bearers exercise abundant caution in each decision. It may not be appropriate to highlight the names of individuals / bodies etc. attempting to do so, in a public forum.

Fourth, temporarily holding back Life Memberships is a technicality, as the status quo needs to be maintained with respect to the the number of Life Members. NRAI is presently doing the same. So far as voting rights are concerned, the Annual Members also have them, albeit after some stipulated time duration.

Fifth, genuine shooters are not inconvenienced at all, as all privileges extend to them equally. Life Membership does not confer any special rights, besides economic considerations viz. recurrence of fees. All decisions taken by the Association are within rules and the law. Remember that the Association's Secretary happens to be a lawyer too !

And, last but not the least, please feel free to blast the DSRA with criticism, feedback or suggestions. It is for them to take note. My being a multiple renowned shooter has nothing to do with the Association or its functioning; it just helps in better understanding of problems that shooters face. Also, I am much too old - both in age and my stature as a shooter, to get affected by EGO. But I'd be failing in my efforts if I did not put my points across, sometimes in the same language as they are written, particularly for the young bloods. I don't even know you guys personally !!

Hope that answers many issues...

:cheers:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Olly wrote:
SS wrote: My own membership is pending since 2012. I have participated in over 3 GVMs and

Dear SS,
Could you shed more light on which state you represented when you shot in the 3 GVMs ? I am sure you would need a state association membership to qualify and later represent the state in the GVM, as GVM is a All India level competition !
hi olly
this very same question i asked while back, or the one like it. how can one shoot in the nationals without bing a state member etc/

the rule book say one can as long as one is NARI member. rule 2 i think it say one can. only if there is no state rifle ass ocation. ROTFL
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Olly wrote:You seem speechless on the other things that I egged you on... ?
Hi Olly,

I summed it up with a single sentence; if that wasn’t enough I doubt I’ll have the articulacy to get my point across.

I am afraid I do not have the wisdom to appreciate an organization based on other’s feedback. My opinion is drawn from my own experiences which clearly have been disappointing. Comparing an association with the worst possible associations on earth is no way to prove its supremacy!

I have a membership application pending since late 2012. I have been following up since. Midway through the forms were changed and I was asked to go through the process of taking 2 members’ ‘recommendation’ and references from a gazetted officer. This, I did too recently. Numerous calls and smses to the secretary has not yielded any response and going by all that I am documenting here on IFG I doubt I will ever be getting a response!

It is a “State” association and it is accountable to the people of that state. I do not want to feign fake modesty by calling myself a ‘mere mortal’- I am not. I am a citizen and I will DEMAND answers to questions I have. If I had the mere mortal mindset I would have been sitting with the rejection letters of the licensing authority rather than thinking of restarting shooting. Please do not spread the message to ppl of accepting their fate at the hands of ‘office bearers’, it will just corrode our society and system.It stands against the very mindset of RKBA that this forum promotes! One of the first signs an organisation is on the path to become autocratic is that those in office begin to think they are best placed to run the show and others are maliciously trying to overthrow them. If they want to retain office, they should do so with good performance. And if their performance is as good as what is being talked here by the members then DSRA should have no reason to worry. Your technicality point is just uncomprehensible, I still cannot understand why DSRA is not issuing lifetime membership.

Just like you don’t know me, I don’t know the office bearers either but I am surprised at attempts to shun down critism for DSRA. I wish to be part of the very system I am criticising but that does not mean I will turn a blind eye to their weaknesses.

Btw, If I am being called a young blood here, I am delighted by the compliment. It has been many years since I have been called that!

The wait for the membership continues…

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:54 am

ss

you have a reason not to be happy with the DSRA. i can see that. others are happy with the DSRA can you see that?

we can only give our thoughts on the matter and no point in anyone getting upset. I have an issue with NRAI, as most do, but i am very happy with my dealings with them they have always responded to the best of their abilities, now some one else may not feel the same way. hope you will see the point i am trying to make here.

As for DSRA one must take it out with the officials and not with those who think that they are doing a good job.

you have asked for reasons as to why they are the way they are regarding your application. some have given their thoughts on the matter, one may like or not like what they have said, but one should not hold any thing against their thoughts, but reconcile to the fact that their are few happy chaps who are pleased with DSRA and what it is trying to do.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:09 pm

SS wrote:I am not. I am a citizen and I will DEMAND answers to questions I have.
One of the first signs an organisation is on the path to become autocratic is that those in office begin to think they are best placed to run the show and others are maliciously trying to overthrow them. If they want to retain office, they should do so with good performance. And if their performance is as good as what is being talked here by the members then DSRA should have no reason to worry. Your technicality point is just uncomprehensible, I still cannot understand why DSRA is not issuing lifetime membership.
The wait for the membership continues…
I wish you the best of luck !
SS wrote: Btw, If I am being called a young blood here, I am delighted by the compliment. It has been many years since I have been called that!
You missed the metaphor... Young blood referred to your shooting age, rather than your physical age ! Now, if that is a compliment ... 8)

Do let me know when you get your DEMANDED answers...

:deadhorse:
Last edited by Olly on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:11 pm

@SS If we have few good men like you around ,the system will change or rather will be changed regardless of it wants or not .I really appreciate your effort to challenge the status quo and babudom and the way you fought to get hold of your arms licence .Nothing short of inspiring !

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi Naga, your point well taken. A DSRA Membership does not alter my way of life and I shouldn't stoop down to argue for it. However, what does change my life is an attitude of subservience, meekness and suppression and anyone who tries to promote or advise that to me should expect a repartee that isn't pleasant.
Olly wrote: You missed the metaphor... Young blood referred to your shooting age, rather than your physical age ! Now, if that is a compliment ... 8)
Delighted to see the pseudo modesty and stature peeling away so easily.

Jatindra, thank you, I will cherish that compliment. Though there have been those like safari gent that have led the way.

Cheers,SS

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:26 pm

SS wrote: Delighted to see the pseudo modesty and stature peeling away so easily.
Well, SS, let me go further than that and admit - I barked up the wrong tree !!
After reading your laments, I started out to help you, but I find that you do not deserve any help.
So best of luck in your endeavours and excuse me.

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks, I am glad you decided not to.

GurnaniM
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GurnaniM » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Dear IFG Delhi Members,
I am beginner level shooter and hoping to secure an annual membership of Delhi State Rifle Association.
I got a DSRA form and looking for any IFG member who is also a member of DSRA, to sign my form as a proposer
I would be very grateful for this help.
Regards,
Mohit G

Endlessmoor
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Endlessmoor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 pm

hi friends,

i have read some posts in this topic, and still confused about the viable output.

please help me.

the seniors may plz, help to let me know where in new delhi, i can enroll for a membership?

i am very much willing to get one, and take up this sport as a hobby.

thanks in adv.

kanwar19
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kanwar19 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi all

I have a query. I enrolled as a life member in a rifle club in Delhi around 20 yrs back. Dont have any docs or the exact name of the club. Target shooting sessions used to be held on the ridge road in a paramilitary camp, just bext to Springdales school. Can anybody pinpoint as to which club it was and where it's functioning now.
Thanks
Kanwar