Any shooting club in ludhiana ?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Any shooting club in ludhiana ?

Post by grewal » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:32 pm

In my school days I used to do air rifle shooting at an open ground near Guru Nanak stadium in Ludhiana . There used to be a old man in his 70's who used to be a coach and also run the air rifle shooting association of Ludhiana . I am talking of year 1992-93. But these days I have not heard about any such association . I want to become a member under the open age category. If any fellow member has any contact please let me know . These days there are certain schools who maintain their shooting teams but never heard about any District association active.

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Any shooting club in ludhiana ?

Post by hvj1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Dear Grewal
The Punjab Police Academy at Phillaur, to the best of my knowledge appears closest to your horizon. They have conducted quite a few National Level Shooting competitions. Their ranges are quite good.
Regards

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Punjab Police Academy is not for civilians . And getting it's membership is very tough , your need DGP level sifarish .
And above all it is good for bigger caliber shooting and not for air rifle shooting .

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Prabhdeep,

There is a plan of making a proper shooting range near "Hambran" if you know the place. Lets see when it materializes . By the way there is a shooting range at the PAU . It is used by the NCC cadets and stuff. I am not sure about the membership criteria there.

Ranjitgarh Rifle club, Phillaur does allow civilian members . However, like you said, getting in is tough and there is some fee .

link ..... http://www.punjabpoliceacademy.com/ppa/riffle_club.html

best,

Rp.
Last edited by The Doc on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 pm

A fully air conditioned indoor shooting range specifically for air rifle and air pistol shooting exists there. I have personally shot two national championships there. There are two other ranges - 25m and 50m. Shot on 50m (Free Pistol event) personally. I am however not aware of sifarish, but where there is a will there is a way! For your information, the 2009 National Championships are to be held there from the 9th to 19th of Nov. Do attend (even as a spectator, since you need to qualify for the Nationals)you might get some information first hand.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:12 am

Why not become member of Punjab rifle association it might mean few drives to Chandigarh or sector 25 range if its still operational. But once you become regular at the scene next step should be easy using Phillaur range and maybe Punjab Armed Police (PAP) complex Jalandhar ( in the big ground next to the bypass) they also have a decent indoor air gun shooting range saw it myself.

If nothing try approaching the powers to be at the complex you might be surprised at their attitude no harm in trying.

Best

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:21 pm

The Doc wrote:There is a plan of making a proper shooting range near "Hambran" if you know the place. Lets see when it materializes
Is it a govt initiative or a private venture. It is close to my home . Even phillaur is also 10 minutes drive from my home . But my question was that where are the people who used to call themselves as administrators of Ludhiana District Rifle Shooting Association . And where is the association . What about the kids who aspire to become good shooters by enrolling themselves into these shooting clubs . I usually come across news items in the paper where they say that some industrialist named Mr . Bhogal of M/S G.S.Radiators is a patron of this association . But god knows how and where are they running this association . I want this sport to flourish in Ludhiana.

Let see if something really materializes .

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:08 am

Prabhdeep

NRAI is organizing a Skeet national competition in Patiala. See if you can make it there you might be able to contact a PRSA organizers for forms guidance etc.

http://www.nrai.in/comingup.html#main

Event:XIX All India G.V.Mavlankar Shooting Championship in Shotgun Events
Date: November 3 to November 8, 2009

The XIX All India G.V.Mavlankar Shooting Championship in Shotgun events will be held at the NMBGC Shooting Ranges at Patiala in Punjab from November 3 to November 8, 2009. The event will be conducted by the New Moti Bagh Gun Club under the auspices of the Punjab Rifle Shooting Association.

May be few of the IFG chaps from Punjab and near abouts should check this event out

Good luck

king234
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by king234 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:57 pm

even schools have shooting ranges. mine has

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:00 pm

king234 wrote:even schools have shooting ranges. mine has
What kind of shooting range is it ? And which school are you in king234 ?

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

king234
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by king234 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 pm

i am in Kundan Vidya Mandir ,civil lines ,Ludhiana. they have a range that is not that big but does the job.

sammyaulakh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sammyaulakh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:39 pm

hi grewal,
there are two person who are associated with the ludhiana district shooting association.
you can contact any of the two,they will be able to guide you in the right direction.one is
Inderjit .S. Jawanda ( 98553 00002 ) and the second is Gurinder .S. Garcha ( 98140 38450 ).
best of luck with your shooting.

regards

gagan grewal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gagan grewal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm

hello everyone,,
my name is gagan,,,i am 19 years old,,,i live in ludhiana,,,,,how can i start shooting in ludhiana,,,,
my height is 4.2,,,,can i shooting????