District Rifle Association Idukki – Kerala

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
bijupaul
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

District Rifle Association Idukki – Kerala

Post by bijupaul » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Let me introduce one more in to this list.

DRAI

Having a 50m, 25m and 10m Shooting Ranges and is at one of the beautiful locations in Kerala. DRAI is about 60Km from Cochin International Airport and is in Idukki District of Kerala.

Most of Kerala’s High Rangers and forests are belongs to Idukki District.

District Rifle Association Idukki (DRAI)
Muttom, Thodupuzha,
Idukki (Dist.)
Kerala-685 587.
Ph: +91-4862-255094,395611

Some snaps of the same.

50m Range - New Targets are Installing

50m and 25m Range – New Turning Targets for 25m. are being installed.

Outside & Inside - Views of the 10m. Indoors Range.

With Regards,
Biju

For Advertising mail webmaster
yash3_great

Re: District Rifle Association Idukki – Kerala

Post by yash3_great » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:43 pm

What a beautiful place Biju! Shooting here would be a totally different experience altogether! I.e. if some one can take his eyes off the scenery.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:24 am

thats a beautiful range biju :) looks like you have a good time out there :)

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 am

Great pics Biju. You guys are really lucky to have such a scenic range. Just curious as to how they let you take pics though.

bijupaul
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bijupaul » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:52 am

True, yash3_great & Indian it is a beautiful place to be and they are the one hosting this year’s National.
Prabhath";p="62484 wrote: Just curious as to how they let you take pics though.
Prabhath, It is rather friendlier atmosphere here, no such restrictions.
They do have some 8 rooms including couple of suite rooms, a good Restaurant with room service and an A/c. Conference Hall. If I'm not wrong couple film shoot also happened here.

Biju

peacecracker
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by peacecracker » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:13 am

Whaow!I am searching for Idukki district Rifle Association and Hoping to get membership there.it is some 25kms from where I stay. :D This Rifle Association Headed by the Coach of Olympic Gold Medal Winner Abhinav Bhindra - Dronacharya Prof. Sunny Thomas .
Here is the Website of Idukki District Rifle Association at Thodupuzha :
http://www.dra-idukki.com/

District Rifle Association of Idukki known as DRAI is located in the beautiful lake view of Malankara Dam. Indeed, it is one of the most attractive ranges in the world and hence tourists from all over the world never misses this spot during their journey. This five year old shooting range meets the international standards of any shooting ranges in the world.

It is headed by the State President Mr.M.N.Krishnamoorthy, IPS, I.G of Police Kerala, State Secretary Dronacharya Prof. Sunny Thomas, the National Coach, The President of DRAI Sri.Ashok Kumar Singh IAS, District Collector and Mr.P.K.Kuttappai IPS, S.P. of Idukki the Vice-President of DRAI, and the elected governing body members.

The fully electronic 10M, 25M and 50M ranges add hue and colour to it. DRAI is now well-equipped to host any inter-national shooting event as it has ample standard rooms, conference hall and canteen facilities.

nicky10
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nicky10 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Hello I am from cochin . The url you have provided for rifle association website is not working.
I really like to Learn shooting.I am network engineer , and not basically from Idukki. How can i take membership there ?how much will it cost? Is it affordable? Also how many hours we will get to learn? Do we need to come regular ? or is it possible to learn on week ends? Please some reply

markose
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by markose » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:11 pm

They conduct summer coaching camps during March and April. These are the only months when they have coaches available.
You are free to practice during the other months as its open every day (including weekends).

Pre-requisites for membership/enrollment are:
1. You need to have a valid ID proof.
2. Police verification report by your local SI. (You might have to get it from the address in the ID proof).