Karnataka State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
suresh.bonda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re:

Post by suresh.bonda » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi,

I could see that there are some posts where it was mentioned about the training given by police force.
Do you have any information on that anybody can subscribe to get trained?
What is the procedure to apply for training?

-Suresh

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Karnataka State Rifle Association

Post by Ticky » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi Suresh!

I tried earlier to post a detailed discription of what all was happening during the police training when I attended it, but when I pressed the "Submit" button, every thing went for a waste. It had taken me more than 1/2 hour to do that, so did not bother to post it again.

Anyways, from what I know, anybody can apply for the training (though I was told that only those people who had applied for license can apply for the training, but later learnt that even those people who hav'nt applied for license have gone through the training). What you need to do is to get the application form from the DCP's Office in your area, fill it, paste a passport sized photograph on it, get the stamp and signature of the Police Inspector from your local Police Station (make sure he stamps on your photo or your application will be rejected) and submit it back to the DCP's Office. When ever the batch is complete or they feel they have enough applicants, they will contact you for the training.

Hope this helps and all the best for your training!

suresh.bonda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by suresh.bonda » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi Tricky,

I wanted to buy rifles. so to buy rilfes, getting this license is a must?

So If I apply for Arms license then everything should follow.

Correct me if I am wrong with my assumption.

Thanks for the information you have post under KSRA.

-Suresh

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:12 am

Suresh,

License would be required only if want to buy a fire arm (not required for an air rifle). Training Certificate is compulsory to obtain a license w.e.f. Aug ending 2008. You can go through the training and then apply for license or vice versa.

Shankar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

K.S.R.A. Ranges closed

Post by Shankar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Karnataka State Rifle Association 25m, and 50m ranges at the Radhakrishna Jagdale shooting complex is closed for upgradation work by the Sports Authority of India. The 10m indoor range and Trap & Skeet range are open to members for use.
TenX and yours truly were the last lucky ones to use/fire at the range this morning which we shall miss for whole year.
......Shankar.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Threads merged... :roll:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: K.S.R.A. Ranges closed

Post by TenX » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Shankar wrote:Karnataka State Rifle Association 25m, and 50m ranges at the Radhakrishna Jagdale shooting complex is closed for upgradation work by the Sports Authority of India. The 10m indoor range and Trap & Skeet range are open to members for use.
TenX and yours truly were the last lucky ones to use/fire at the range this morning which we shall miss for whole year.
......Shankar.
Yeah.. it was nice.. with a lot of fond memories coming to my head.. Matter of fact, I shot Yesterday and today after a very long gap .. a very very long one, and was quite pleased with my last two cards coming out with scores of 99 and 98 :)

I also wanted to add that CRT programs will also be put on hold until the renovation is complete. The same shall shortly be updated in the KSRA website. Also, I think those ranges that are open would only be for members who have their own guns.
Shankar, would the armory issue guns/ammo to members, for use at the 10m and Trap/Skeet practice?
:)

-- Mon Mar 02, 2009 0:14 --

KSRA website updated :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks for that update Shankar
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:32 am

Shankar/Tex:
We crossed each other on both Saturday and Sunday, although I did meet Shankar as I was leaving on Sunday.
Fulcrum and I were the first to hit the mat on Sunday - we had the range master's undivided attention :)
Our scores were not even close to yours, don't ask :)

I can only imagine the hours of sweat that you and Shankar have put in at this range to perfect your art. It's also been the scene of awesome triumphs for both of you.

Even though I've only spent a fraction of the time there that you guys have; still,the place has grown on me.
I've always disliked fully enclosed ranges and this range is everything an open air range should be; manicured grass, wide generous, covered stands, great people and a curmudgeon of a range master :) I'm going to miss the old place.

When I joined IFG I had said that one of my goals was to give my first love (plinking) a break and formally learn 50 mtr rifle and 25 mtr standard pistol.

From Shankar I learned the intricacies of Standard Pistol shooting - ballerina's poise :), the breathing technique of a yogi, the dreaded anatomical grip (the double handed stance is a crime ), and "FOLLOW THROUGH you idiot" :) The day I put 5 in the bull was sublime.

Ditto for my first 3 shot clover at 50 mtrs with the Brno. Many thanks for sharing all your wisdom TenX - now superbly documented for every body at IFG to use.

A big thank you to both of you for your friendship, time and for making this happen.

Ashok

Shankar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Shankar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 pm

Dear Ashok and others,
Has always been a passion when I first built mine. Never an obsession to scores. The golden rule - follow the technique and the scores follow you. Has been my endeavour to help everyone at the range not to go through the mill we went through to make the sport an enjoyable one.
The 10mt range is open with a few FWB model 65 to practice with. Once you acheive 80% + , then you can graduate to LP10 or Pardinni with the association. The new range is to be ready by Oct-Nov 09, in time for the National squad to get ready for the commonwealth games in India. The youth games scheduled in Dec will make this venue ready for trials......so do make it on weekends to keep the spirit going......... Shankar

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:03 am

www.ksra.in is up again. Extremely sorry for the delay, but the host server had a problem which took so many days to resolve.

:)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

KULFI_KSRA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello all!!Requesting info on KSRA membership?

Post by KULFI_KSRA » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi All,

I am kuldeep from bangalore and i was interested in practicing air rifle shooting and hoping to take part in competitions too.
But i do not know anything about them.
CAn anyone help me with these questions that i have?

1)
What do i need to do in order to practice shooting(air rifle) in KSRA ranges in karnataka?

2)
I went through the KSRA site and it says that KSRA memberships are stopped till next year :(
because of renovation . does that mean that i cannot practice it?

3)
Also do i need to have a licence to own a air rifle?

Can anyone help? please.

Bst Regards,
kuldeep

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hello all!!Requesting info on KSRA membership?

Post by TenX » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Kuldeep.

www.ksra.in has most of the info you want.
Some quick answers below.
1) You need to begin with the CRT program, which is followed by an year's complementary membership. Following that and based on your discipline and performance, you will be given life membership.
2) As of now, membership will resume only after the range re-opens. And non-members cannot practice until it re-opens... sorry :(
3) Air Rifles dont require a licence in India :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

KULFI_KSRA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by KULFI_KSRA » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Ok ill wait then. :(

Thanks a lot for the info TenX.

looking forward to joining someday.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Most welcome.. for the post and in joining the KSRA.
As soon as the ranges are open, I will surely post a message announcing the same :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------