Shooting for olympics

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Afaque
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Shooting for olympics

Post by Afaque » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi guys,I am new here and to the shooting sport as well.After seeing poor results of our indian shooters in olympics 2016,a strong desire has grown over inside me to represent India in olympics for shooting.,Is shooting really that tough?,Why cant i become a shooter? and I know guns and rifles are very expensive,is that an obstacle for someone starting their career in shooting?All this and any more questions are cropping in my mind.And I am 32 year old ,am I over aged to start shooting career and make it big ? KIndly clarify guys I am strongly determined to represent india in shooting in next olympics.Please clarify.Thank you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shooting for olympics

Post by sa_ali » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:18 pm

hi,

there are tons of information on this forum on shooting as career. First, you have start by identifying what you can shoot and what you can shoot to take you to level that you want to. We all shoot all event, but cant excel in all forms, depending on the body built, interest and last your pocket.
Your age is still not late, you can still do well, depends on how much you can put in.

Afaque
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Afaque » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Thank you Ali for kind words,I am 5.8,I think I can do well
in Skeet.I have never hold a gun till now,I am looking for good shooting training in Hyderabad.I am very hooked to my Olympic dream.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:33 am

Afaque,

SA_Ali makes great sense. 32 is nothing. Keep fit and stay focused and you will do well. You can go to the shooting range at the Hyderabad Central University and explore the place.They have all the disciplines. May be you can find a shooter or two who would guide you. Just remember, skeet is not an inexpensive sport. But there are many with modest means who have made it. All the best.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Afaque
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Afaque » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks Vikram Sir,Great encouragement there, will soon visit that shooting range in Hyderabad. Thanks again.