Shooting information in hyderabad

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Kiran Mortha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kiran Mortha » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi
This is my first query
I live in Hyderabad and I would love to train and learn shooting
Can anyone help me with more information on this
Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shooting information in hyderabad

Post by Anand » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello Kiran,
If you mean you want to train for competitive shooting sports, then there is a shooting range in Hyderabad Central University, Gachibowli. Here the range is owned by the Sports Authority of Telangana State(SATS). Half the range is run by the Telangana Rifle Association and the other half is run by Gagan Narang's Gun for Glory. Gun for Glory also has two more air rifle pistol/air rifle ranges, one in Film Nagar Club Jubilee Hills, and another one in Trimulgherry. In all three places you will find coaches to teach you the basics and give level certificates after completion of training. It wont be cheap but its the best option. For 25 mts Pistol, 50 mts Rifle and for skeet and trap there is only the SATS shooting range.
Regards,
Anand

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Hello, Welcome to IFG

Some more introduction and what you want to shoot. And where do you reside in Hyd. Near Chadarghat there is GHMC playground, where they are arranging shooting coaching. I was passing by that area and got their number. Will try to post it here by this weekend.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Kiran Mortha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kiran Mortha » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Anand wrote:Hello Kiran,
If you mean you want to train for competitive shooting sports, then there is a shooting range in Hyderabad Central University, Gachibowli. Here the range is owned by the Sports Authority of Telangana State(SATS). Half the range is run by the Telangana Rifle Association and the other half is run by Gagan Narang's Gun for Glory. Gun for Glory also has two more air rifle pistol/air rifle ranges, one in Film Nagar Club Jubilee Hills, and another one in Trimulgherry. In all three places you will find coaches to teach you the basics and give level certificates after completion of training. It wont be cheap but its the best option. For 25 mts Pistol, 50 mts Rifle and for skeet and trap there is only the SATS shooting range.
Regards,
Anand
Thank you for the information Anand.
I stay 5 minutes away from Hyd Central University, which turns out to be convenient for me.
My next query is, what kind of guns do they have, or do I have to buy one. And any suggestions in this regard.
Further, how do I go about the licensing
If you would be kind enough to answer these.

Kiran Mortha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kiran Mortha » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:08 pm

StampMaster wrote:Hello, Welcome to IFG

Some more introduction and what you want to shoot. And where do you reside in Hyd. Near Chadarghat there is GHMC playground, where they are arranging shooting coaching. I was passing by that area and got their number. Will try to post it here by this weekend.
Hello Stampmaster

I live in Gachibowli, and HCU is pretty close
I am yet to decide on which one to go for and I am really inclined to own one
I thought if I could get in touch with some clubs or groups, who are into the same interest, i can take an informed decision.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Kiran,

You may like to begin with learning about the various disciplines in shooting. Are you looking to become a sport shooter or just would like to learn to shoot? Sport shooting has several disciplines such as air rifle, air pistol, shotgun sports such as skeet,trap,and sporting clays, and rifle sports such as short range(small bore) to long range (big bore).

Talking to those in the sport, visiting the range and doing some reading on the internet will make you familiar with the sport.

All the best.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Kiran Mortha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kiran Mortha » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:09 am

Thank you for the information, Vikram.

I am just interested to learn and not for sport shooting. Not for the thrill of killing but to learn the fine art of marksmanship.I was thinking of either a hand gun or a shot gun. I would love to visit the nearby shooting range or join any club associated. I just feel its more comfortable to acquaint myself with someone and also learn about the timings, before I do that.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi Kiran,
welcome aboard. Could you tell us something about yourself. Would be nice to know.
The facility and ease of getting rife association membership in the state is very professional and straight forward.
Would suggest you get a membership first. The air rifle section of the facility mentioned allow only.177 in to the facility. .22 is a strict no no.
Anand has summed it all. you have a varity of choices. If it's linking, then that a different ball game altogether.

Where in Gachibowli do you stay?

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Kiran Mortha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kiran Mortha » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:41 pm

hello BD

I live close to the botanical garden. I am interested to learn to shoot and own a handgun. Could you please let me know if there are any clubs or groups in Hyderabad associated to the same.

Regards,
Kiran

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 pm

If you live in botanical garden visit the Gachibowli stadium about 4-5 kms. Find out what all weapon are available, ask if you can try check them and try . Most coaches or range officers will allow, before you shell out money. Range fee is about Rs1000 a month.

If you find the environment and weapons suitable to your requirement then you join else find other clubs which our friends have posted. Do not expect to be spoon fed, visit Gachibowli stadium and let us know how it goes with your experience.

Happy shooting

Kiran Mortha
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kiran Mortha » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Thank you for nothing, Stamp master.

I would have appreciated If you could give me some useful suggestion rather than a " dont expect to be spoon fed"

I was not expecting to be spoon fed. I would have anyways gone to the stadium and understood about the guns and the fees etc. And I do know how far the stadium is.

What I wanted to know through the group was individual opinions and suggestions about guns - which are useful.
Also information about the range and any groups associated - again information that has some use.

Answering in your own style - go find your own experience at the stadium, dont expect to be spoon fed

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Kiran I am not regular visitor there. You will find .177 or .22 and shotgun etc. You need to find out what exactly will be allowed to shoot. You've to use .177 for competitions however, it differs.

Code: Select all

I stay 5 minutes away from Hyd Central University, which turns out to be convenient for me. 

I live in Gachibowli, and HCU is pretty close 
I am yet to decide on which one to go for and I am really inclined to own one 

I was not expecting to be spoon fed. I would have anyways gone to the stadium and understood about the guns and the fees etc. And I do know how far the stadium is. 
You can ask any paanwala or your neighbour store for direction and distance. If your tech savvy use GPS or maps.

If you had the passion you would have visited and replied us what all weapons are available to use/rent, charges etc and have replied with your questions. Then we can suggest you better and in right direction. And FYI, I stay 140km away from Rifle club. Still I dont mind visiting a few times in a year.

Code: Select all

What I wanted to know through the group was individual opinions and suggestions about guns - which are useful. 
Also information about the range and any groups associated - again information that has some use. 
Choose what you want to shoot. Unless you visit the stadium and watch and understand the game, find out costs etc you can make a decision.

FirozKhan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by FirozKhan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:35 am

Hi Kiran , Have you joined SATP in HCU ?

csk756
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by csk756 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 am

hiii everybody this Shiva I too stay near gachibowli want to know how is the range in gachibowli stadium

mschowdary1106
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mschowdary1106 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:25 am

can I learn Shooting as a hobby

=M S Chowdary