Help with NRAI Proposer

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
manmeet102
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Help with NRAI Proposer

Post by manmeet102 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi All,

I am Manmeet from Delhi, I am looking to get the NRAI membership.

I have got all other documentation, accept the proposer.

Can anyone help me with this regard. I will really appreciate it.

Regards,

Manmeet

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with NRAI Proposer

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Welcome Manmeet. But have you joined this forum just to get a proposer for your NRAI membership?? A lot of people join just to for that purpose.

Atul

manmeet102
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manmeet102 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Atul,

I am new to this. Since childhood I like shooting, but as obvious, once grownup got busy in professional life. However somewhere down the line, you can not forget what you love to do.

Now I am planning to shoot professionally so thought to get the membership. Don't know where the future takes you to.

Yes, as I do not know anybody with the NRAI membership, I thought to join the group and start engaging with people with same passion as mine.

Let me know if you have any reference who can help.

Regards,

Manmeet

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:19 am

Manmeet,

To start shooting professionally you have to find out if you really enjoy it and want to continue with this sport.
For doing that you need to understand the sport that you can do very well here. Then you start shooting and for that you have to become a member of a shooting range.
So what exactly is the reason for becoming a member of NRAI, as they do not hold any classes or courses to teach you how to shoot.

Atul

manmeet102
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by manmeet102 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:47 pm

I really didn't knew where to start. DKSSR is no longer giving membership. I read somewhere that membership with NRAI will help me entering at DKSSR for practice. Correct me if I am wrong.

Any other suggestions. What one should do to start?

Regards

Manmeet

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:38 pm

NRAI or any other membership will not help you enter/ use the facilities at DKSSR.

For that you must take membership of the range, the forms are available at the gate, the fees for ordinary people like us is ₹3,000/- per month. 3 pp size photos, copies of Photo ID, address proof & arms license (if any) along with a medical certificate must be submitted with the application form and fees.

They have discontinued the daily fee ₹ 200/- pay and play system and now are forcing everyone to take monthly membership at the above rate.

If you wish to rent any firearm at the range, you will need to write a separate application for the same and submit it once your membership card is issued. Firearms are only given on rent to those persons who possess an arm licences with the same type of firearm(s) endorsed on it. For e.g. if you wish to rent a shotgun, you must possess a valid arms license with a shotgun endorsed on it.

If you wish to purchase imported ammunition at the range then you have two choices:

Take a DSRA membership (currently life membership is for ₹25,000/-). DSRA officials are present at the range on most weekends and members can have ammunition issued for use at the range from DSRA. Needless to say all empties and remaining live rounds (if any) are to be returned on same day to DSRA prior to leaving the range.

Take NRAI membership. NRAI officials are present at the range through the week and NRAI members can purchase ammunition for use at the range from them. However, NRAI will ONLY sell ammunition to the limit as entered on your arms license and will stamp the same on the license. So if your limit is 25/50, then you will use up your entire years quota of ammunition in just 2 rounds of skeet or 1 round of trap. Empties/ remaining live rounds to be returned the same day and quantity purchased to be stamped on license.

Furthermore, if you ever desire to participate in zonal (or above) level competitions, you should take membership of DSRA or some other state body. NRAI membership will not entitle you to participate in any of these competitions as your entry must come from one of the state units.

Neither NRAI nor DSRA rents out any firearms for use at the range and neither membership will allow you use of the range facilities.

Weigh the advantages/ disadvantages and make your choice.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 pm

mundaire wrote:They have discontinued the daily fee ₹ 200/- pay and play system and now are forcing everyone to take monthly membership at the above rate.
After a gap of a few months this year they had introduced the scheme of Rs 200 and now they discontinue it.
This is another sad day for shooting enthusiasts. Now, might as well surrender the Arms License and sell off the guns.

Atul

RoyalSingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RoyalSingh » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:53 am

Hello,
that's a very informative post on the 2 major Clubs memberships available for people in Delhi.
Could you please suggest any other shooting clubs which are nominal in their fee?? Heard something about Amity Shooting Club.
Just need something to start off for air gun category.

Thanks in Advance.
Royal Singh

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:19 am

RoyalSingh wrote: Could you please suggest any other shooting clubs which are nominal in their fee?? Heard something about Amity Shooting Club.
Just need something to start off for air gun category.
You can try SportzCraft. Their Ranges are well equipped, and they are good for basic training. Google them; you'll get all necessary information.

If you still need any help, PM me.

Adios'

VKS

Guns don't kill people - POLICIES DO