Need help in getting membership of NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Vipin29
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Need help in getting membership of NRAI

Post by Vipin29 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi

I am a shooting enthusiastic. want to apply for membership of NRAI since membership fees of DSRA is hiked to sky. can the respected members of IFG help me in kindly providing their reference.

Thank you for your help.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Need help in getting membership of NRAI

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Hey..

I don't mind signing. Where do you stay? what do you shoot?

~C

Vipin29
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vipin29 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks so much Chandan22,

I stay in Delhi. I have been shooting with air rifle and air pistol so far.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Dear IFGians,

I am planning to apply for NRAI membership. Can you please help me understand who is "Gazetted officer of Govt of India mean?"

Someone from the Central govt only or someone who is a state govt employee and his name is listed in gazette list published by govt of India. Thanks.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:43 pm

A Gazzetted officer AFAIK is one who "draws" his salary from the Government and is listed as such in the Gazzette. These are generally officers of both Central and State Governments. For Ex: staff members of the Secretariat, higher level Police officers, higher level Government Doctors, Magistrates etc. Hope this helps,
Anand

Mahi6779
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mahi6779 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello guys.. Just joined the forum. I am a serving Army Officer and would like to become a member of NRAI. As ridiculous as it sounds, we are permitted to shoot military grade automatic weapons like AK series, M-16, MP-5 etc without any license, but need to be a member of either NRAI or any of its affiliated clubs to import an air rifle !! Can anyone in the forum be kind enough to introduce me to the NRAI or any club associated with it so that I can find one damn air rifle of my choice? Thanking in anticipation :-)

PS : I am a Gazetted Officer

BharatSharma
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BharatSharma » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:27 am

Hi frna,

need some guidance over registration with NRAI.
I have never been associated with any club or group in past and trying to start from scratch so any advice how to get started will be highly appreciated. I am currently in MP and any kind of contact details of any helpful person for directions will be helpful. BTW interested in Rifle shooting .

BharatSharma
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BharatSharma » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:34 am

I have the registration form of NRAI but it needs to be attested by President/Secretary of state rifle association, so need to know whom or where to contact, also is it enough to get participation in its events once registered or need to workout something more on top of it..