Life membership of DSRA to cost 1 lakh

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Life membership of DSRA to cost 1 lakh

Post by sa_ali » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 pm

I just got the form today morning, its a new form, which you get after paying 100/-

But the shocker is that life membership is now 1 lakh, unless my eye are reading wrong no of 0 there or there is a typo, which highly unlikely.

I dont know what to say, for lesser mortal, it seems its better to sell weapon and sit at home, forget shooting. Its going in the same line as british time, make everything so god damn expensive, that you are bound not to think about it.

The annual membership is also up, its 55K

The only saving grace is that there is some representative category, i dont know what benefit i will get in that, can i buy ammo on range if i get that or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
404notfound
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Life membership of DSRA to cost 1 lakh

Post by 404notfound » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:41 am

Wow, factoring this with the hike in Dr. Karni Singh range fees there really seems to be a move to make shooting unaffordable for most people. I really hope some new private businesses come up and end the monopoly of these institutions... Competition is the only thing I see that would make shooting in India affordable. We really need some new private ranges and organization to promote shooting in India.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Sa ali,

I had heard about the membership being hiked to 1 lac for lifetime membership. A move clearly to discourage voting rights and maintain current control. All this in the garb of discouraging supposed 'non-serious members'..

The entire shooting sport is being controlled and changed so that a chosen few can maintain control. I for one have given up the idea of recreational shooting. Speak to Bakshi at Karni Singh and you'll feel like banging your head in the wall..

The system stinks and makes me nauseous! A few good friends made through this forum help me keep my shooting interest alive, whatever little is left of it.

Rant over.

Cheers,
ADS

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:43 pm

I dont know what to say except that i was stupid in not taking it way back. when it was just 7500/-

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm

For our international friends this translates to:

1 Lakh = 1,00,000
In North American terms it means 100,000 (a minor comma placement difference between the zeroes)

Sorry - the Indians were there first with their placement - and they sure did take it to another level! I bet the western system can't go beyon a zillion (somewhat recently 'invented') :D

OK - maybe a Gazillion (does that really exist)!?

This table is from the ancient South Indian, Telugu language - but you will get the idea - try following the zeroes after the 10th row on the left column - very interesting!

My sincere apologies friends, for going OT - but I did think that DSRA, should pay a little more attention to the zeroes that come before the decimal, while 'hiking' their membership fees. Sorry, I just couldn't resist it, forgive me!

On the other hand, what's a couple of zeroes between friends? :lol:

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:06 pm

On the other hand, what's a couple of zeroes between friends?

Bro trust me if those 0 were in range of most mortals then it would not have being issue, its equal pretty much to my monthly take away ;) and trust me for most its really beyond any reach

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:30 pm

sa_ali wrote:On the other hand, what's a couple of zeroes between friends?
Bro trust me if those 0 were in range of most mortals then it would not have being issue, its equal pretty much to my monthly take away ;) and trust me for most its really beyond any reach
Exactly what I meant my friend, when we are earning lots of Zeroes - what's a couple of zeroes between friends - right? ROTFL :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Exactly what I meant my friend, when we are earning lots of Zeroes - what's a couple of zeroes between friends - right? ROTFL :cheers:

Bro mine 0s are still lil less :deadhorse:

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:34 am

First DKSSR now this DSRA, this sport has truly gone beyond the reach of the common man.

Regards

Atul

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 pm

the irony is is that this all is happening when we have a shooter Rathore as a minister, since international medalist are escaping all this hike, they are not concerned

Vipin29
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vipin29 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:22 am

This is now reduced to rs 25000