Need of membership in any air rifle club.

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Abhishek H
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Abhishek H » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,
I am Abhishek from Alappuzha.I want to know whether there is any rifle clubs in my district or not.If not can I take membership in any other district? Like Kottayam or any other near places?

For Advertising mail webmaster
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Need of membership in any air rifle club.

Post by diskaon » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:50 pm

why not start your own club!!
klick klack..... diskaon

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:16 pm

Abhishek H wrote:Hi everyone,
I am Abhishek from Alappuzha.I want to know whether there is any rifle clubs in my district or not.If not can I take membership in any other district? Like Kottayam or any other near places?
If you do not have a club in your place, you probably wont have a shooting range in your area. So why do you want a membership at all??

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Because he may want to import a Rifle, he may want to practise air rifle shooting and take part in competition, he may want to apply for a license (some idiot bureaucrats ask for a membership, specially if you apply for an AL for target shooting).
And most important of all, if he is elligible, he has right to have a membership.

Regrads

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:04 pm

ankur_ank007 wrote:Because he may want to import a Rifle, he may want to practise air rifle shooting and take part in competition, he may want to apply for a license (some idiot bureaucrats ask for a membership, specially if you apply for an AL for target shooting).
And most important of all, if he is elligible, he has right to have a membership.

Regrads
Ankur,

Another stupid rule being followed unofficially, LA is issuing licenses only for self protection these days. And a lot of people want a membership of a club only to import an AR, that sells at a premium (I am against that).
Take a membership only if you want to practice for sports purpose, or very soon you will see that like an arms license, membership of a rifle association will also become very difficult to get.

Atul

alexender
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by alexender » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:53 am

Ya due to restriction to obtain gun license, indigenous black market arms in rural areas are growing rapidly As for those illegal gun owners living in remote village have a maximum advantage to avoid being caught...

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:34 am

:OT:
alexender wrote:Ya due to restriction to obtain gun license, indigenous black market arms in rural areas are growing rapidly As for those illegal gun owners living in remote village have a maximum advantage to avoid being caught...

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:05 am

aadhaulya wrote:
ankur_ank007 wrote:Because he may want to import a Rifle, he may want to practise air rifle shooting and take part in competition, he may want to apply for a license (some idiot bureaucrats ask for a membership, specially if you apply for an AL for target shooting).

Regrads
Ankur,

Another stupid rule being followed unofficially, LA is issuing licenses only for self protection these days. And a lot of people want a membership of a club only to import an AR, that sells at a premium (I am against that).
Take a membership only if you want to practice for sports purpose, or very soon you will see that like an arms license, membership of a rifle association will also become very difficult to get.

Atul
Atul ji,

I am also against it. But these bureaucrats are dumb and idiots who donot understand reasoning behind things. I dont understand what harm can a 0.177 cal air rifle do, if imported by a non member of a Rifle Club???
In a similar way, telescopic sights for mounting on firearms are restricted for import, however this also causes customs to confiscate scopes of very lower magnification, practically usable on an air rifle or 0.22 Cal rifle only. However tactical type laser dot sights are not restricted. (ref: ITC HS CODE 2012)

I dont jnow what to say???

Yesterday, I went to apply for a rifle and the guy on the counter of the Jan Seva Kendra was not receiving my application because I did not attach my 10th marksheet or Birth Certificate as a proof of DOB however PAN card, Passport, Voter Card and Aadhaar Card was already attached. These all documents are address proof in themselves still the executive on the counter, The Talati and the Mamlatdar were asking for a copy of latest electricity bill as a proof of address.....
Finally I went directly to the District Magistrate and explained him, after which they accepted the form.....

Regards

Sumeshstn
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sumeshstn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:04 am

Hai friends ..i am a new member here .i am from kerala alappuzha fist how can i get a rifle club membership in alappuzha dist or any other dist in kerala

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Please read the topic above. You should introduce yourself first in the appropriate section and then go through the posts related to your query. All your requirements have been covered thoroughly in a lot of posts, that already exist here.

Atul

mschowdary1106
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mschowdary1106 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 am

Yes I need a membership in any air rifle club in Hyderabad.

=Manchina Suresh Chowdary