Chennai members using SDAT facility in Veerapuram

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Chennai members using SDAT facility in Veerapuram

Post by scorpio2007 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello all,

I have been posting in topics that are almost dormant or with less senior participation. Dont get me wrong and I am not complaining :-)

Based on my recent visit to SDAT and my subsequent Facebook post on the same, a few of my friends too showed interest to join with me. It is obvious that many are keen to take up the sport seriously are not aware of the facilities and tools available to them. But believe me, even in this internet world, information is definitely rare to find and that renders many to give up the sport as the time and effort demands are high to even sign up. However on the positive side, I see that Tamilnadu government is quite serious on improving the facilities in and around Chennai.

Since I am also a newbie and not a member yet, it is very difficult for me to provide the guidance sought by my friends. We would really appreciate the senior members to guide us regarding the same so that we too get to enjoy the sport.

I also heard from some policemen that Vandalur facility is taking shape and it would be one of the true international target shooting ranges in the country.

The idea of this topic is to gather people visiting the SDAT facility and training under Mr. Senthil to actively participate in the discussions :-) However, it is definitely open to all as well. I know there is a whatsapp group for these SDAT members. Is there any other way we can get in touch with each other say in a FB group while keep active participation in this forum? FB group is more for meetings and events and knowing people face to face. Any info is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Prabu
Thanks
/Prabu

For Advertising mail webmaster
ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Chennai members using SDAT facility in Veerapuram

Post by ibalajis » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks Prabhu... It is a nice initiative. I am absolutely a newbie not only here, but also when it comes to guns. The only thing I possess at the moment is my interest.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:45 am

Why don't you take it up as a hobby? Many have joined hands now and visiting the camp today for the start.
Thanks
/Prabu

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:48 am

I will... Thanks.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi Prabhu, I am planning to visit the Veerapuram facility during the coming weekend. Is there any procedure that I should follow or keep in mind to visit it as a visitor? TIA... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:00 pm

[Reposting my post from the other thread]

Joined the Veerapuram range around Jan and with the regular weekend practice my scores have significantly improved. Excellent coaching and practice sessions and a great team. Cannot wait for the weekends to arrive :-)

My AR was/is Precihole Polaris Karbin edition. However, Club Elite is recommended for the range use. Only 0.177 flat heads are allowed in the range. Flat bottom shoes, track pants only are allowed. Strictly no jeans, formal wears.

Got my dream weapon Feinwerkbau 800x yesterday and cannot wait to try it. We have set up a formal Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/SDAT-Sho ... =bookmarks.

The range is open all weekdays except Monday, local and government holidays. Rs. 100 per session is the fee. You need to first attend the camp, understand the basics and you can start attending the regular sessions. Our coach is a gold medalist in so many competition and under his guidance you can learn better. This facility is part of Police 3rd Battalion.

Balaji, please feel free to pay a visit and check it up yourself.
Thanks
/Prabu

TheThirdEye
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TheThirdEye » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi,

This kind of forums are really helpful.

Now I have planned to become a member in SDAT-Veerapuram.

Thank you Prabu, for your information.

With regards,
Srinivasan M

TheThirdEye
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TheThirdEye » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:55 pm

For the last 2 months I am trying to become a member in any of the Shooting Clubs in Chennai, but didn't get through one :( I have started myself at my house. started with 3 meter distance... Now reached 9.6 meters in Air Pistol. I have cleared some place in my ground and from this weekend I will start practicing in the actual 10m range.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:24 am

TheThirdEye, can you PM me your contact details?

TheThirdEye
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by TheThirdEye » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:17 am

Hi ibalajis,

I tried to send my contact details but it says 'I am not authorised to compose a Private Message'(Snap shot attached) - Hope our Admin of this group should see to this issue.

You cannot send a PM, because you have not participated enough on the forum. Once you reach the participation threshold, the PM facility will be automatically enabled - Moderator