Advantage of NRAI Membership and DKSSR Delhi?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Advantage of NRAI Membership and DKSSR Delhi?

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Dear Members of NRAI and Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range,

Please bear with me for asking too many questions. I do this, as I am a very new member of this forum and hope to become knowledgeable in this field. Also I have acquired my licence for three weapons very reciently. I have taken a membership of the 'Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range' and have taken approval for hiring pistol, rifle and shot gun. My questions are as follows with explanation as required.

About Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range

1. I feel that DKRR membership is required as there seems to be no other place to shoot my guns.
2. I have visited the Range a few times but no one is around to guide me as how to walk across the range to stick up my targets. Though there are some serious shooters using some lanes and I could not get their free time to ask. Also even after my best effort I did not find any 'Range Officer' or any other officials at any of the ranges. Would like members of the range to guide me. I plan to go tomorrow again.

About NRAI membership

1. Requirement is two existing members to recommend me. Though I am new here but still hope to get some one from this forum to recommend me.
2. I have spent about Rs 75000 on ammo in the last 3 months and I do not afford it. As per my thought process, the ammo is very expensive in the market and If I spend Rs 24000 for a life membership I get ammo at a very reasonable cost and would probable recover the membership cost in the next 1 to 1.5 years. (Subject to getting an increased ammo quota).

Kindly, seniors guide me on the above issues and hopefully when I visit the range tomorrow, the experience would be better.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Advantage of NRAI Membership and DKSSR Delhi?

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Maybe members of NRAI or Dr. Karni Singh Range have not yet seen my post. Today I hope to go to the Range and see if I can find some details.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi all,
I have not received any reply on my post. The update is that I can get ammunition from NRAI if I have a shooter Id. That seems to be easy to get.
But I still need answers about Dr. K.S. Shooting range procedures.

Regards

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello,

KSSR is a worldclass range but unfortunately suffers from the same governmental malaise affecting all other sarkari places. At least thats my experience. I've had the membership for over a year now and haven't really been able to use it except during competitions. Primary reason for that is that I hoped to get information regarding range use, procedure, systems etc thinking that I should know what I'm doing before i commit any major faux pas by walking in and trying to use stuff on my own, and despite my best efforts got nothing. Some people helped out but it really wasn't sufficient for me to be able to walk in and start using the facilities. Even an RTI asking such questions did not elicit any replies, as most questions were nicely ducked away.

No one is available most of time to guide one as to the process of using a range. No one will explain the targeting system to you and even if you were to get the supplies, you wouldn't know how to use it, since no one is there to guide you. There is no members guide or members information. Most officials were indifferent if not rude, and not interested in helping someone who is absolutely new. Obviously those who have been around for a while know the ropes, but for a new person without any acquaintances well versed in the range procedures, its VERY difficult. I for one was not sure whether or not I could just walk up to a range and start using it, but then there isn't anyone I can ask about this either !!!

So I sympathise with you, and I can only suggest you also keep trying to find out from anyone you meet and if you get any concrete, official info, please do share.

Could other members, who are regulars at KSSR share the procedures please?

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Dear Chandan,

I just walk in there and blast off my guns at the blank wall where the targets are supposed to be posted. I have come to know that this is acceptable to them.
This I do with my revolver and rifle, but have not tried it at a vacant trap/ skeet range for trying out my shot gun.
Hope some experienced member sees the post and guides us.

Regards