The Navsari District Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jpinakin88 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:39 pm

19/A Jalnagar Society,Mahadevnagar,
Bilimora-396321.(guj)
Contact no.: (02634) 284514/ 9375244299
Contact person Mr. Kamlesh J Mistry

For Advertising mail webmaster
jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: The Navsari District Rifle Association

Post by jpinakin88 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Hello friends,

Want to give some information about The Navsari District Rifle Association. I have visited this club's rshooting range n place is awesome. This is the only range for shotgun in Gujarat. They are developing a range soon as it's a riverside range so in monsoon there is some problem of river water. I have meet Mr.Bamji he is a Hon.Secretary of this club. He is a also renowened shooter. And from last 2 years he is getting gold medal in Veterans category. Club get 2 brand new Beretta shotgun. N they ordered a 2 Anschutz .22 rifle, 1 standard pistol conversion berrel .32/.22, and 1 free pistol .22. So we can say they have all latest weapons. N ofcorse weapon for club members only for participating in state/national competition. N one more Good News is there, Club want to be developing as soon as possible so membership is open. I have already did it before 1 n half years.
Life membership charge is only Rs.10000/- . I think it's worth so my Gujarat's friends don't wait just go for it.. It's my personal advice. I am not a marketing person by club but I would like to do it just cos we rilly need a shotgun range in Gujarat.
If anybody want to donate then please help the club i am damn sure your donation is gonna worth for all.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Pinakin,

Your enthusiasm is understandable but please consider the following points:

Navsari is too far for most shooters in Gujarat. It's closer to Bombay than Ahmedabad! Secondly, from what I have heard from shooters who went there once, the staff isn't too friendly. Shooting is done only on dates best known to them. Moreover, even if one wants to shoot there, accommodation is a major issue.

A group of us here in Ahmedabad did attempt to set up a trap and skeet range a couple of years ago but the idea was more or less scuttled by the local RA, if you get the drift.........

If you enjoy yourself at Navsari, do so by all means. Safe shooting!
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jpinakin88 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Katana you are absolutely Right. Before some time there is a problem. But now staff is actually good. N they are developing a good range as they said. N for accommodation it's true there is major issue.....

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm

You wouldn't believe it, but if been thinking of shooting skeet regularly in Delhi! Now only if the Navsari range would be closer.........and the accommodation issue is sorted out!
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Zoo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zoo » Sun May 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Just returned from Bilimora, where the 33rd annual shooting tournament was held. There was .22 50mtrs prone, 0.22 three position, 0.22 pistol 25 mtrs, 10 mtrs air rifle both open sights and peep sight and trap shooting. This was held over 19th,20th,21stMay for district level and then was the trap shooting for state level held over 23-25th May.

Had a fantastic time meeting fellow shooters and checking out different weapons.

rakkeshparekh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rakkeshparekh » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:18 pm

i want to know the address of riffle shooting institute in navsari or bilimora.
pls let me know if anybody know

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:55 am

Dear rakesh, First introduce yourself in related thread,so that we can welcome you. Second,see the first post of this thread where Address and contact is given.