where to go?

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

where to go?

Post by Kazim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Dear ifgians i have some confusions which i want to clear here because its only place where i can get right information so the story goes as i always wanna be a shooter since my childhood and now i am very serious about this sport but the problem is there is no shooting range in my home city lucknow and the nearest range in baghpat is about 500 km away from my home ironically lucknow municipal corporation is building a range near amausi airport which is about to complete but now it is in mid of controversy as uttar pradesh's home minister Azam khan want to shift it to his home town rampur,a known rifle shooter of mine have recommended me to join Jaspal rana's shooting academy in dehradoon now i am confused whether to wait for completion of shooting range in my home city or go ahead and join Jaspal rana's academy Hope you guys can help me
Thanks in advance

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: where to go?

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Kazim, which event are you keen at?

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm

SS bro i havent participated in any event officially but i am shooting air rifles since i was 4 year old and have a few years experience of shotgun and .22 rifle shooting i daily do target practice with my newly bought ihp .177 air rifle for 1 hour or sometimes 2 hours
By the way i am interested in pistol shooting as i can participate in more events than rifle shooting and i also love open sight shooting

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Kazim wrote:SS bro i havent participated in any event officially but i am shooting air rifles since i was 4 year old and have a few years experience of shotgun and .22 rifle shooting i daily do target practice with my newly bought ihp .177 air rifle for 1 hour or sometimes 2 hours
By the way i am interested in pistol shooting as i can participate in more events than rifle shooting and i also love open sight shooting
Kazim, while reading your original post I was thinking of telling you to do regular target practice in your house or backyard.. but I guess you are already doing it. Kudos to you for that.

I don't know what to tell you but after reading your last line, I get this feeling that you are more interested in Rifle shooting but want to do pistol shooting because it offers more events :)

Well initially I bought an air pistol and started practicing at my 10m range I had build in my house but soon lost interest because I was a Rifle person :). I sold my air pistol and now I am in the market for my first 22lr Rimfire Rifle :)

I know my above experience is subjective but I would suggest to go with the event category you love the most...

just my 2 cents.

Happy shooting.

Kazim
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Kazim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Bhargav bro you get me right but the main reason behind my interest in pistol shooting is my love for open sight shooting even i havent fired a pistol yet and i know there is no future of open sight air rifle shooting category i also know that you will think i am crazy but if there were no restriction on participating in more than one category i will try my hands in all three category :)
Thanks for the advise bro