Help! Academy of Air Rifle Shooting, Mumbai

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
kai9dranzer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Help! Academy of Air Rifle Shooting, Mumbai

Post by kai9dranzer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 am

Hey guys I am new to this world of rifle shooting..! Great job by d moderators who have maintained such a great forum..!

Does anyone have experience about the training they provide at "Academy of Air Rifle Shooting" which is located at Dadar [E] as well as Dahisar.. I guess it is taught by Jawahar Joshi since 1987.. Just keen to know as I am thinking of enrolling for the training programme commencing from 4th July 2012..! Awaiting your replies..! thnx!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Help! Academy of Air Rifle Shooting, Mumbai

Post by Bhargav » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 am

do you have a website link handy ?

Also looks like this is your first post on the forum, so pls go to the introduction section and introduce yourself so people here know who you are.

Thanks.

kai9dranzer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kai9dranzer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 am

naah not website..but have got this ..

http://oyeweekend.com/course/show/air-r ... troduction

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:12 am

kai9dranzer wrote:naah not website..but have got this ..

http://oyeweekend.com/course/show/air-r ... troduction
Well I don't know about this but you can read tons of info on the Internet and practice a lot. Once you start getting tight groups then go and get some coaching :)

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

[quote="kai9dranzer"]
Hey guys I am new to this world of rifle shooting..! Great job by d moderators who have maintained such a great forum..!

Does anyone have experience about the training they provide at "Academy of Air Rifle Shooting" which is located at Dadar [E] as well as Dahisar.. I am Just keen to know as I am thinking of enrolling for the training programme commencing from 4th July 2012..! Awaiting your replies..!

Hi kai9dranzer!
> Contact the below given address - they're amongst the best and their coach is Mr. Vishwajeet Shinde
> I am a Life Member - The Club has excellent facilities & good training programs.
Swatantryaveer Savarkar Rashtriya Smarak Air Rifle Shooting Club[/b],
Dadar West, Mumbai - Phone: (022) 24465877 / Mobile: 9892195787, 9820368651
Address: 252, SVS Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai- 400028, Maharashtra
Landmark: Opposite Shivaji Park - Near Mayor's Bungalow.
Cheers
Briha

s1vasu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by s1vasu » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 pm

dear Sir (brihacharan),
Thanks for sharing this club address , i had called the club . they said rs3000 for 8 day course and afterthat rs8000 should be paid as it includes range charge & lifetime member charge . every year you have to pay rs3000 for the range charge .after completion of course we have to buy pellets & target sheets from the club . i hope they dont charge more than the market price .
i am new to this sport & love to this very seriouly .i am interested for AIR PISTOL.
Now my question is
1,As you are life member how is the club review regarding this sport?
2,Are u aware chrgs for pellets & target sheet ?

The reason i am curious abt chrgs becoz i wud be able to plan the buget before entering the sport .frankly speaking i cant afford the lifetime member chrgs . i saved money for the basic course . If any more tips before joining the sport .
brihacharan wrote:
kai9dranzer wrote: Hey guys I am new to this world of rifle shooting..! Great job by d moderators who have maintained such a great forum..!

Does anyone have experience about the training they provide at "Academy of Air Rifle Shooting" which is located at Dadar [E] as well as Dahisar.. I am Just keen to know as I am thinking of enrolling for the training programme commencing from 4th July 2012..! Awaiting your replies..!

Hi kai9dranzer!
> Contact the below given address - they're amongst the best and their coach is Mr. Vishwajeet Shinde
> I am a Life Member - The Club has excellent facilities & good training programs.
Swatantryaveer Savarkar Rashtriya Smarak Air Rifle Shooting Club[/b],
Dadar West, Mumbai - Phone: (022) 24465877 / Mobile: 9892195787, 9820368651
Address: 252, SVS Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai- 400028, Maharashtra
Landmark: Opposite Shivaji Park - Near Mayor's Bungalow.
Cheers
Briha

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon May 06, 2013 11:43 am

s1vasu wrote:dear Sir (brihacharan),
Thanks for sharing this club address , i had called the club . they said rs3000 for 8 day course and afterthat rs8000 should be paid as it includes range charge & lifetime member charge . every year you have to pay rs3000 for the range charge .after completion of course we have to buy pellets & target sheets from the club . i hope they dont charge more than the market price .
i am new to this sport & love to this very seriouly .i am interested for AIR PISTOL.
Now my question is

The reason i am curious abt chrgs becoz i wud be able to plan the buget before entering the sport .frankly speaking i cant afford the lifetime member chrgs . i saved money for the basic course . If any more tips before joining the sport .
Dear s1vasu,

I suppose I can answer your Qs since I am a life member at Savarkar.

1. There is *no* compulsion on buying pellets/ cards from the Savarkar club. Are you sure you asked the right Qn or was is something like "Where can I get the cards/ pellets after the course ?" :-)
2. I buy my cards from there - Rs.100/ 100 (big) or Rs. 100/ 150 (small) - not sure what the market price is. Never bothered as this is good enough.
3. I buy my pellets from various sources - Crawford Market, gsmith (Pune), MRA etc. etc. You can visit these places to get a fair idea of market prices and product quality.
4. There is *no dedicated* coach as far as AP is concerned at Savarkar. You may train yourself at courses conducted at various avenues like MRA, GunforGlory, Ronak Pandit Academy etc. or follow the Internet/ Forum. Vishwajeet Shinde may guide you at personal level seeing your commitment but note that he is primarily an AR/ 3P shooter. He does train champion AR shooters as a personal coach.
5. You may try the alternatives of renting lanes as and when you desire at PTKS, MRA or Balewadi (Pune) or any other locale. You need to check the lane rental charges with that range. This is a viable option if you do not wish to go for life membership commitment. However, for competitions in MH, it would serve you well if you are a club member. Whether the club membership is absolutely essential for competitions, can be checked with the MRA.
6. PM fantumfan2003 for details on Academy of Air Rifle Shooting - I think Mr. Joshi conducts the classes at IES (Dadar) and Shailendra (Dahisar). FF2003 might guide you better to the Dahisar locale.

Anyway, welcome to IFG. :-) Good Luck. Safe and happy shooting. :cheers:

regs
A.
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon May 06, 2013 6:02 pm

airgun_novice wrote:
s1vasu wrote:dear Sir (brihacharan),
Now my question is

Dear s1vasu,

I suppose I can answer your Qs since I am also a life member at Savarkar.

1. There is *no* compulsion on buying pellets/ cards from the Savarkar club. Are you sure you asked the right Qn or was is something like "Where can I get the cards/ pellets after the course ?" :-)
2. I buy my cards from there - Rs.100/ 100 (big) or Rs. 100/ 150 (small) - not sure what the market price is. Never bothered as this is good enough.
3. I buy my pellets from various sources - Crawford Market, gsmith (Pune), MRA etc. etc. You can visit these places to get a fair idea of market prices and product quality.
4. There is *no dedicated* coach as far as AP is concerned at Savarkar. You may train yourself at courses conducted at various avenues like MRA, GunforGlory, Ronak Pandit Academy etc. or follow the Internet/ Forum. Vishwajeet Shinde may guide you at personal level seeing your commitment but note that he is primarily an AR/ 3P shooter. He does train champion AR shooters as a personal coach.
5. You may try the alternatives of renting lanes as and when you desire at PTKS, MRA or Balewadi (Pune) or any other locale. You need to check the lane rental charges with that range. This is a viable option if you do not wish to go for life membership commitment. However, for competitions in MH, it would serve you well if you are a club member. Whether the club membership is absolutely essential for competitions, can be checked with the MRA.
6. PM fantumfan2003 for details on Academy of Air Rifle Shooting - I think Mr. Joshi conducts the classes at IES (Dadar) and Shailendra (Dahisar). FF2003 might guide you better to the Dahisar locale.
Anyway, welcome to IFG. :-) Good Luck. Safe and happy shooting. :cheers:
regs
A.
Hi s1vasu,
> All your questions are fully answered by airgun_novice :D
> In my considered opinion the fees & charges for pellets & targets are reasonable + the convenience of getting them in one location.
Best Luck!
Briha

s1vasu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by s1vasu » Tue May 07, 2013 12:07 am

THANKS A MILLION :D FOR ANSWERING ALL MY QUERIES.I HAVE FEW MORE BUT WILL WAIT AFTER STARTING THE COURSE .ONCE THANKS A LOT.......

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 am

As you are interested in learning to shoot with an AIR PISTOL, you should take up the course at MRA Worli and progress from there.........They offer a good course for 10mtr Air Pistol shooting.

Jawahar Sir teaches only AIR RIFLE.

This sport is intensive on ones pocket and time and you must be committed to spending both if you want to move up the ladder.

M.
s1vasu wrote: i am new to this sport & love to this very seriouly .i am interested for AIR PISTOL.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai