Trap Shooting in Delhi

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Trap Shooting in Delhi

Post by vikram.dutta » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi friends, :) :) :)

this is my only second post in IFG. I am very eager to join a shooting club here in Delhi and start to learn trap shooting. As customary, I have tried going through most of the discussions before posting this topic. The discussions were very helpful except for some questions that I have, which remains unanswered. My apologies if I have missed out on any information that has already been discussed.

My Questions are:

:?: Is there any coaching or training available for Trap Shooting in Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range?

:?: Do I need to have my own gun from the very first day to practice Trap shooting? (Or do the shooting club has its own guns for initial practice?)

:?: Is Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range open to new memberships now that the Commonwealth Games 2010 are over?

:?: Is any special licence required for Trap Shooting as Shotguns(and not Air rifles or pistols) are used in the sport?

Thanks a lot in advance to all of you. I really look forward to some very useful information from all the experienced people on IFG. Also, I hope that this post will prove to be very useful to all the budding trap shooters out there.

Regards
Vikram Dutta

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Trap Shooting in Delhi

Post by mundaire » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 am

a) No official coaching available for trap in Delhi. You'll need to hook up with a trap shooter and try to convince him/ her to take you under his/ her wing

b) You can hire a shotgun at the karni singh range, at least it used to be like that. But they will only rent out guns for which you hold a valid license. You will need to source your own ammo. It is certainly preferable to have your own gun, so budget in having to buy one at least a few months down the line.

c) To the best of my knowledge it has not reopened for public yet and no dates as to future reopening have been published.

d) You will need a shotgun license to purchase ammo from the market and rent out guns at the karni singh range.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am

mundaire wrote:You will need a shotgun license to purchase ammo from the market and rent out guns at the karni singh range.
Which guns do they offer for practice , I mean which make U/O or sxs , selective trigger or else ,which brand, what's the condition.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vikram.dutta » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks so much mundaire. :D You have answered my queries quite throughly, however I am left with some queries from the replies you have posted. Thank you in advance for making life so much easier for starters like us.

The queries are as follows. Please advice.
mundaire wrote:It is certainly preferable to have your own gun, so budget in having to buy one at least a few months down the line.
:?: What is the cost of a good O/U Shotgun for Trap in India?(I have saved some budget to learn shooting, so just an idea on how much a good one will cost will do.)
mundaire wrote:To the best of my knowledge it has not reopened for public yet and no dates as to future reopening have been published.
:?: If Dr. Karni Singh Singh Shooting Range has not opened, is there any other venue for Trap Shooting in Delhi?
mundaire wrote:You will need a shotgun license to purchase ammo from the market and rent out guns at the karni singh range.
:?: What is the procedure to get a license? :!: (Now, if one requires a license to hire or buy a gun; how does one start? By getting the license first?) :!:

After getting these answers I guess I will be pretty much ready to go out and start shooting. :) I would be more than happy to share my experiences and learnings here on IFG once I start.

Regards
Vikram Dutta

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 pm

1) Less than a lakh for an Indian gun and a lakh and above and beyond for an imported one.
2) No range other than Karni Singh.
3) Detailed thread already available on forum on licensing. Please take time to go through that. To do anything, it's better to get your shotgun license first.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 pm

grewal wrote:Which guns do they offer for practice , I mean which make U/O or sxs , selective trigger or else ,which brand, what's the condition.
At Karni shooting range (KSSR), they have all bretta O/U, in good condition, but sometimes, ejector's are problem, which is fixed by Mr. Suri (Old aurmour), at the range.
And dont you worry, they have ample old guns in stock.If you need 10, he will give u, provided u have 10 people with 12 bore licenses.
According, to the rules, Mr Suri, says, if u have a licence for 12 bore, he will issue only 12 bore, if pistol, he will issue only pistol (sports).
I will go to the range on 20th, will let u all know, when we get the range, and on what conditions. Till then
:cheers:

vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vikram.dutta » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks guys... :D

Hey Amit, can I accompany you to the range on 20th? I am also planning to go there and haven't been there before. Asking you out of curiosity. :) And if me going with you is not possible, then please do enlighten us on issues like membership, and practice sessions/timings for public. I mean when will the range open to public, the fees, formalities, etc. Thanks in advance. :cheers:

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:05 pm

all queries after 20th.

vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vikram.dutta » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:55 pm

amit888_2000 wrote:I will go to the range on 20th, will let u all know, when we get the range, and on what conditions. Till then
amit888_2000 wrote:all queries after 20th.
Dear amit,

Did you visit the Karni Singh Range on 20th(yesterday) :?: Any information that you'd like to share?

Regards
Vikram Dutta

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:33 pm

thankx for ur PM, and reminder, coudn't go, but plan to go, on sat. ok

vikram.dutta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vikram.dutta » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Alright Amit. Hope to get some update on Karni Singh Range from you. :cheers:

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:34 am

I went to KSSR yesterday, had some difficulty in entring, but entered,
I inspect all 10m, 25m & 50m, it's in mess, seems, last night there was a party, & no one turned out in the morning to clean that mess. All covered with layer's of dust, pappers & empty water bottles + pigeons all around.
If you are a national player, with the certificate, you can give a copy to the officer concern, and can use the range, but only trap & skeet.

Shooting range is in mess.

)))cheers!!!

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:16 pm

But they will only rent out guns for which you hold a valid license. You will need to source your own ammo.

d) You will need a shotgun license to purchase ammo from the market and rent out guns at the karni singh range.
:deadhorse: They make it so easy for a newbie to learn the sport.

After recent Kalmadi games, world championships and commonwealth shooting championship, people tell me, "youre from India? India has good shooters. Shooting must be so popular there."

I really salute our champions who have succeeded not because of, but despite the way shooting is 'promoted' in India.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

prateekxsingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by prateekxsingh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey guys,

I started shooting during school times. Played a couple of comptetions under jr in Air rifle events. Now m all settled with everything and want to start shooting again.

I have a little exposure to trap shooting; have tried it a couple of time during district events. I own a Indian ordinance gun which i have been using (still not sure how good it is to begin with.). I have been trying to explore about starting training from scratch but was unable to find any solid stuff. Can you plz help me out with the best process to get into trap shooting (whts da role of NRAI ? ; what are the prereqisite).

thanx