Coimbatore Rifle Club

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
adithsapien90
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Coimbatore Rifle Club

Post by adithsapien90 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 am

i have recently become a member of the coimbatore rifle club. i am really interested in the sport and wish to participate in the nationals.i would really be grateful if someone could assist me with the basics. i would like upgrade my rifle from the open sight IHP NATIONAL .177 that i am presently havin.
i havent come across any senior member in the club til now and hence i would like to get in touch with someone who could help.. awaitng reply

For Advertising mail webmaster
kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Coimbatore Rifle Club

Post by kb100 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 am

Hi Adithsapien90,

Welcome to IFG and congratulations on getting your membership with the Coimbatore Rifle Club. Please put up a post detailing how you went about getting it... the various steps, time and costs involved etc. This will help the many who are desirous of joining the Cbe club and dont know who to ask.

Please go thru the Shotting Sports section - you will find a lot of info that can help you get your bearings initially... http://indiansforguns.com/viewforum.php?f=8
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Congrats adith!

I would also like to hear how u went about getting the membership..
"I would rather be hated for who I am..
Than be loved for who I am not"

nvnrjn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nvnrjn » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Adith!
Congratulations. I tried joining our Coimbatore Rifle Club a couple years ago, but the membership fee (Rs. 1,00,000)was too high for me at that time. I am thinking of getting into it again though.
Have fun shooting!!

disturbed_07
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by disturbed_07 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 pm

1 lakh to join? Man seriously that sounds just too much for joining fee... Lol, now that'll remain as a dream for someone like me.. Btw, sorry for bumping the old topic.

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:05 pm

I have given my application 3 months ago to join Coimbatore Rifle Club but have been informed that they are not accepting membership currently. I would appreciate if anyone can help me getting my membership.

Regards,
drifter.

arundiablo2
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arundiablo2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:44 pm

What is the official fee structure? Is that like a random pricing depend up on the person or is theres a fixed fess. I had a look at Karnataka State Rifle club, the policy and fee is reasonable. Rs 8000/- including the Rs 3000/- Verification fee for Police. Why is any Rifle club in TN not officially revealing the fee.

arundiablo2
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arundiablo2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:20 am

It seems to be increased to 1.5 Lakhs it seems. I believe soon or later there will be an auction for member ship. Unfortunately we are resident of Coimbatore, people in Cbe Rifle club claim that other cities do not have enough talented people and few participate in National level meet. Hence this exclusive charge, no one from the club is disclosing any evidence of fee or Policy in Black and white.

Sad :-(

vjhunter31
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vjhunter31 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:52 pm

arundiablo2 wrote:It seems to be increased to 1.5 Lakhs it seems. I believe soon or later there will be an auction for member ship. Unfortunately we are resident of Coimbatore, people in Cbe Rifle club claim that other cities do not have enough talented people and few participate in National level meet. Hence this exclusive charge, no one from the club is disclosing any evidence of fee or Policy in Black and white.

Sad :-(
1.5 lakh seriously!!!is it the official fee or is it the bribe??i guess my dream of joining the rifle club,would always be a dream!

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Talk to mr.venkatajalapathy.js,he can help you.http://indiansforguns.com/viewforum.php?f=8.this should help you a lot.
regards
dr.jk

arundiablo2
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arundiablo2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Thank you Dr. Sure I will approach him. The Link takes me straight to 'Shooting sports' page. please post the list if its different.

PG17
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by PG17 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:02 pm

Im recently trying to obtain a firearm license and join the rifle club of coimbatore where can I get training certificate signed and how much is membership of the club?