Kolkata shooting clubs

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Kolkata shooting clubs

Post by gladiatorgarg » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:56 am

thanks for the reply i am from s kol golfgreen,it will b of great help if some one can post some contact no/address of any individual who is asociated with such clubs so that i can meet their requirements before hand since i do not have much time wid me when i visit kol...thank you all..eagerly waiting for some response..

major garga

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:43 pm

You may refer http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 08#p106390 it has the contact details of North Calcutta Rifle Club. BTW don't Army have their shooting range in Fort William, won't they allow you to use it?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:27 am

hi i am garga im from s kol but posted at J&K i gen come kol on lve for that duration i wanted to get affiliated to some shooting club i will b highly greatful if some one can provide me wid any ph no of any individual/club at kol...waiting for some assistence thank u all

major garga

-- Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 pm --

army ranges require permission from top if im on lve, now thats the problem,i gen dont have that time everytime to take permission for practice while on lve thank u for ur help i wud like to request for ur guidence in this regard...with regards

major garga

abhisek9089
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhisek9089 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Hello friends, I am Abhisek from Howrah & I am new to this forum and tried to read as many posts i can and found this is a nice forum for sports like shooting and from a long time I want to learn shooting can any one guild me and club/institue in howrah or near it where cn i learn shooting. :D 8)

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 pm

hi sorry for my late reply i originally belong from baruipur but now im posted out side in northern india...i ll b highly greatful if any 1 can provide wid some numbers of any individual associated with any functional rifle clubs, by the way im using IOF .22

slash
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by slash » Sat May 07, 2011 9:49 pm

i liked shootin from childhood days n now want to start can anyone pls help me by telling d initial amount needed to start off??

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu May 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Depends on How much you want to spend . Just to start All you need is a good rifle.
To start with a IHP Rs 4-5K is required .
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

prasen123
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by prasen123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 am

I am Prasenjit Dutta From Salt Lake, I am very much interested to be a member of shooting club in kolkata, I want to learn and practice. Please give me the nearest shooting club name , address, Phone number and say me how to I can be a member?

meraz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by meraz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:05 am

hi dear, i am newly to this topics of guns and shootings, but i have a interest in carrying myself a pistol or so, just for self defence, although its not as easy as carrying a cell phone with you, but i want to know where and how to get training and then licence and then a revolver for myself. Its really urgent, if any of my friend can help or suggest me, i will be really thankfull to them, i am from Asansol, west bengal, but i can relocate for it. Thanks and regards, Meraz

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Guys,
Having spent more than half my life at shooting ranges ( purely for fun and knowledge and not medals ) I want to put down a few points that may help all those who have written on this thread....
1) Clubs in Kolkata and Bengal have been forced to ask wannabe members to produce police verification certificates etc because of the threat perception pertaining to Maoists and other terrorist/insurgent groups using Bengal as base, transit and operational area.
As life member of South Calcutta Rifle Club since early 80s and having being involved in administrative matters I have personally seen how the local police shut us out of the shooting range after member of a controversial religious organisation became member and started undergoing weapons training under the guidance of our coach. Of course members had inducted him in good faith. Incidentally, SCRC uses the shooting range inside the Kolkata Police Training School where Kolkata Police commandos and members of the STF practice regularly. It is a shabby 25 mt range with 4 lanes but serves the police well because of its high walls.
The same threat perception still exists because there is an unknown number of people working for CPI( Maoists) and other terrorist groups who pose as innocent civilians and even students.
2) North Calcutta Rifle Club at Belgachhia and Asansol Rifle Club have the best ranges followed by Midnapore Rifle Club and Serampore Rifle Club.
3) Both NCRC and SCRC have .22 Brno rifles (open sight) with which members can practice. NCRC, if I am not mistaken have other weapons too. All clubs offer .22 ammo at rates decided on subsidy offered by NRAI and the respective clubs. All weapons and ammo are procured from NRAI through the West Bengal Rifle Association. Members having personal weapons usually do not use club weapons for practice.
4) NCRC is the more active club in Kolkata and hones budding shooters. SCRC has some active members too but the infrastructure is very poor since the range is owned by the Kolkata Police.
5) There are people who keep coming to clubs for membership only because they want to procure weapons licence using their club identity card. While there is nothing illegal about it on paper the local police have taken a note of it. Applications are turned down in 95 % cases.

Hope that helps
TC

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

This requirement by Police for whatever reasons that may be, to produce police verification certificates etc. to join rifle shooting club seems unconstitutional and devoid of any legal force. Arms are guaranteed as Right to Freedom of citizens under Article 19 and Right to Life and Liberty under Article 21 of the Constitution of India. For getting an arms license it is not necessary to be a member of rifle shooting club. For those whose applications are rejected may read the following and apply their minds accordingly http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15638
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

rupam007
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rupam007 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm

plz give me the detail for joining rifle shooting club & the address of rifle shooting club in kolkata.

sunnyathoney
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sunnyathoney » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Hello everyone, Target shooting is my passion since childhood, now i want to take it seriously. Can anyone tell me details about joining the North Calcutta Rifle Club? Procedure, the money needed, if any equipment needed etc..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 am

Please contact North Calcutta Rifle Club directly. They should be able to provide you all the information. Once you get the details please do share the information on this forum for benefit of all the readers.

MAYANK SHAH
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MAYANK SHAH » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Dear Friends.

Can any1 gv me full and proper addresses of Shooting Clubs in Kolkata. So i can visit and join you guys.

Tx
Lv
Rgds.

Mayank Shah.