Karnataka State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Ticky,
The KSRA provides compulsory CRT to new joiners, which is accompanied by a 1 year membership, soon after the course. This is the only entry, as of now. After completion of 1 year as member, the candidate's interest and integrity will be measured for processing of his/her life membership.

Hope this helped :)

... BTW, www.ksra.in will be updated shortly.. please check in a day or two... :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

For Advertising mail webmaster
lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Ticky; can you please tell us more about the training you are undergoing with the "Police Force".

Ashok

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 am

www.ksra.in has been updated with some new stuff... Pls check and revert with syntax correction (which I am sure there's plenty) :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:59 pm

lazybones";p="59869 wrote:Ticky; can you please tell us more about the training you are undergoing with the "Police Force".

Ashok
Months after applying for the license, I received a letter from the Commissioner's Office stating that the process was pending because I had'nt submitted any proof of training. Upon contacting their office personally, I was told to submit an application for the Civil Arms Training at the Deputy Commissioner's Office.

I suppose the training given at the DCP Office will be similar to the one at KSRA, except for the fact that it is going be for 6 days continuous. Also got to know from them that it is going to be held sometime during the 2nd week of next month.

Cheers!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm

There is, however, a good probability that even the Police-provided training (CAT) may be diverted to KSRA CRT ...
... Lets see... :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 pm

TenX the site is damn damn slow man.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Sorry dude... and appreciate the feedback. I am unsure if I can do anything, but will still look into it. The last time I spoke to the providers, they said that their server cache will need to be updated for the pages to load fast, and this may take several visitors, especially since all the pages were recently uploaded.
... I have optimized the images and code, and reuse a lot of images, but if it is still slow, I will have to look outside the box :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:27 pm

TenX";p="59909 wrote:There is, however, a good probability that even the Police-provided training (CAT) may be diverted to KSRA CRT ...
... Lets see... :)
Quite possible TenX, but when I enquired at their office, they said its going to be held in their premises (the Mysore Road one, below the flyover).

However, I've also applied for the Police Verification through the letter provided by KSRA as you had told me and now waiting for results.

Thankx.

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm

The training did not happen yesterday. Learnt from one of the officials there that it has been postponed to next week.
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
-- Senator Richard Henry Lee, 1788, on "militia" in the 2nd Amendment

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Ticky";p="61181 wrote: The training did not happen yesterday. Learnt from one of the officials there that it has been postponed to next week.
.. Bad news :(
... guess their guns were borrowed by the anti-T group ;)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi tenex, would it be possible to renew my 22 yr old ID card from ksra for a recent one? asking because the website was not helpful...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Should be possible.
Guess you should contact the Admn Officer and cite reasons as a mangled card or change of address.
However, since you have brought this up, I shall surely discuss this in my next vist and update you ... and see if the website needs to be updated :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:03 pm

The police training still has'nt started (TenX don't laugh!). They said they would let me know before it starts (which I think will take another week or two).

Anyway, went to the Commissioner's Office today after finding out from Mr. Krishna that he had'nt received the PVC yet and guess what? At first, they said they hav'nt received the verification file from the concerned police station and demanded from me, the date when the file was dispatched from the police station and the reference number. I immediately called the writter of the concerned police station who gave me the date, but said the "tapal book" was taken by a collegue of his due to which he was unable to give me the reference number. I passed on the info to the clerk at the Commissioner's office. He returned back to me and said they were not supposed to give it in my hand and neither will KRSA accept it from me if they did. Finally, he asked me to meet him the next day so that both of us together could post the PVC to KSRA just for my satisfaction.

What do you guyz think about this? :evil:
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Ticky";p="62203 wrote: ...What do you guyz think about this? :evil:
Whats left to think... Things, if it can go wrong, WILL go wrong, and that too, beyond one;s wildest expectations :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Finally made it to the KSRA range today. Was very excited to be there attending my 1st session of the Civil Arms Training and going there 2morrow too. :D