National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 pm

(f) The present Life and Annual members of NRAI will be grouped into two separate units namely: “Wild Life Association of India” and “Shooters Association of India” respectively and will be given the same status and voting rights as are given to other State Associations.

http://www.nrai.in/membershipform.html
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am

Misra is talking of smelling cordite from a 23mm firing at 3500rpm. He is most likely talking of a ZUU-23 or a ZSU-23-4 Shilka anti aircraft gun. The 27 has a 30mm gatling ahead of the centerline hardpoint.
eljefe";p="60018 wrote:Misra of the 23mm ,
are you flying 27's or using it as a chin gun?

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

For those who want to become NRAI members...

Post by Anand » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Hello all,
For those who want to become NRAI members the application form asks for signatures of two existing members as proposer and seconder, however some (like me) dont know any existing members of NRAI. So what do we do? Existing/Current members (like Abhijeet ?) could you possibly help or advise us?

The advantages of having the membership are:
1. Use of certain shooting ranges all over the country
2. Ammunition at cheaper rates
3. Increase in ammunition quota in Arms Licenses
4. Area Validity extension to "All India"
5. No deposit of arms for safe custody during any Elections
6. Allowed additional .22 LR rifle as fourth firearm

While some or all the above may be obtained without membership in the NRAI, it is considerable easy if there is membership.

So members please help the rest of us.
Regards,
Anand

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: For those who want to become NRAI members...

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 pm

Anand wrote:Hello all,
For those who want to become NRAI members the application form asks for signatures of two existing members as proposer and seconder, however some (like me) dont know any existing members of NRAI. So what do we do? Existing/Current members (like Abhijeet ?) could you possibly help or advise us?

The advantages of having the membership are:
1. Use of certain shooting ranges all over the country
2. Ammunition at cheaper rates
3. Increase in ammunition quota in Arms Licenses
4. Area Validity extension to "All India"
5. No deposit of arms for safe custody during any Elections
6. Allowed additional .22 LR rifle as fourth firearm

While some or all the above may be obtained without membership in the NRAI, it is considerable easy if there is membership.

So members please help the rest of us.
Regards,
Anand
Threads merged :roll:

To answer your questions:
1. Not to the best of my knowledge, every range has it's own policy for use and may/ may not permit NRAI members to use the facilities. For e.g. the only firearms range in Delhi (open to civilians) is the Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range, Tuglaqabad and NRAI or DSRA members get absolutely no consideration. You would be better off with becoming the member of a local club in stead, at least facilities would be locally accessible to you.
2. Yes, but it's almost always IOF ammo and you will have to travel to Delhi to buy it! For the firangi stuff you would need to know people in the NRAI management AND/ OR be a renowned shot. You would be better off with becoming the member of a local club in stead, at least you can buy the ammo locally.
3. Being a member can help beef up your case as a shooter who is enthusiastic about shooting sports, but even local club/ state association memberships are equally good for this purpose. However, there is absolutely NO assurance that this would help your case.
4. See point No. 3
5. As per a ruling by the Allahbad bench of the UP High Court, NO ONE needs to deposit their firearms at the times of elections. A member has posted a copy of the newspaper report, you can search the forums for this info.
6. This exemption is as per Section 3 of the Arms Act, and applies to ANY member of a recognised shooting club or rifle association - therefore you would once again be equally (if not better) served by signing up with the local club/ association.

If you still want to be a member of NRAI and have 21,000/- bucks to burn, send me a PM.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: National Rifle Association of India - NRAI

Post by eternalme » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 am

I have a little question as well -

Does NRAI recognize NRA membership ?

Regards
Last edited by eternalme on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 am

eternalme wrote:I have a little question well -

Does NRAI recognize NRA membership ?

Regards
Meaning what?

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:34 am

He is asking about National RIfle of America. Recognise in what form ? They will not sell you cartridges if you have a NRA form, but yes if it is support to some NRA initiated movement, NRAI may second that.

On the issue of additional quota - even state level membership is fine, but for an all India licence etc. it is really your own clout with the local District magistrate / home secretary that can get these things done, but an NRAI membership can get the ball rolling as a justification.

The general case is that all this is going to be made difficult in India by our babus as much as they can.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 pm

About what Shahid has said earlier that the babus will make things tough anyways.

Is there an unsaid rule which these guys follow ? no matter which department you go they are always bullying :deadhorse: with you forgetting that they are public servantst and not masters.

I wanted to know about the NRA recognision by NRAI , so that I can quote that in my arms license application and save time, else I will have to find some other club. The sorry state of baboodum will not recognise the fact the applicant is interested in shooting sports by virtuie of having membership of an internationally recognised rifle association.

Lets hope they recognise NRA as a rifle association.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:21 am

Friends, the exemption order for NRAI members to deposit arms during elections lists only five states even though it's addressed to the Election Commission Of India, New Delhi. http://nrai.in/not1.pdf

What do you think the Babu's will make of it :wink: NRAI might recognize NRA if they sponsor some events in India.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

List of NRAI members

Post by nagarifle » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:58 am

hi all
just wondering how many of us are members of NRAI?
any one out there who is a member?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: List of NRAI members

Post by The Doc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 am

I am .
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

sangi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sangi » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Self(and the Missus) too.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:36 am

me too
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

ScoutSniper
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ScoutSniper » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey! i needed to import an 0.177cal airgun from the United States!

but the ppl there said that first u need a NRAI membership! Is it essential?? :?:

As in if i'm a member of a local shooting club(in Delhi), then also i'll be able to import the airgun?? :?: :?: :?:

Pls help! NRAI rats are way high! :? + they need signatures of existing NRAI members(i don't know of any :( ) :cry:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

ScoutSniper wrote:Hey! i needed to import an 0.177cal airgun from the United States!

but the ppl there said that first u need a NRAI membership! Is it essential?? :?:

As in if i'm a member of a local shooting club(in Delhi), then also i'll be able to import the airgun?? :?: :?: :?:

Pls help! NRAI rats are way high! :? + they need signatures of existing NRAI members(i don't know of any :( ) :cry:
ScoutSniper, this is the wrong thread for asking questions related to airgun imports. The information you seek is already available under the how to import airguns and airgun import via post/ courier route threads under the airguns forum here. The threads might be lengthy (several pages in each) but it will be well worth your time to read both threads from start to finish.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in