Karnataka State Rifle Association

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: requirements of NRAI membership Round about way 4 KSRA

Post by mishradk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Hello,

Here is my understanding about this topic.

As per circular of GVM
"NRAI members must take part though State Rifle Associations/ Units of their native place otherwise their entry will not be accepted. All the State Rifle Associations/ Units will allow the members of NRAI to participate without becoming members of that State/ Club to which he/ she belongs. However, if there is no such Association /
Club functioning in their State, they can take part as members of NRAI provided they have paid all their dues towards NRAI."

The NRAI members will only be allowed to compete for GVM qualification at the local club. But allowing them to shoot in their range, providing the arms and ammunition or any other facility is totally up to the club, association.

And a caution. Round about way with KSRA.. please dont try. If you really want to be a member of KSRA and practice there.. please dont mess with those people.. you will not get any thing..

Yes KSRA needs Police verification certificate if you want to be a member. You can not skip that.

But you can try one thing. Write a letter to NRAI asking them more details about it. and ask them to recommend your name for membership at KSRA

Best of luck

For Advertising mail webmaster
piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: requirements of NRAI membership

Post by piyushpdsingh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:43 am

Yoy do not need a police verification for N.R.A.I membership. Dowload the form get it signed by 2 life members and a gazzeted officer and send it with the bank draft.
antismuggler";p="30212 wrote:Hi folks

NRAI site doesnt reveal any other requirement other than sending the mandatory fees. Do they have any cap on the annual membership and life member ship being issued per year? But seeing how the Karnataka State Rifle Association is insisting on police verification, I wonder whether the site is updated and whether the procedure is that simple? By the by does anyone know whether a membership to NRAI entitles one to access to state rifle association shooting ranges? Just wondering whether one can gain access to KSRA shooting range in a round about way. :)
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: requirements of NRAI membership Round about way 4 KSRA

Post by piyushpdsingh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:52 am

Do not waste your time writing letters to NRAI, nobody is going to reply to them. [quote="mishradk";p="30226"]Hello,

But you can try one thing. Write a letter to NRAI asking them more details about it. and ask them to recommend your name for membership at KSRA
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

P1tBull
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Karnataka State Rifle Association

Post by P1tBull » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:28 pm

I am sorry if I am bringing up an old topic, but I 've gone through the KSRA site and was wondering if any of the members there can give me some help with applying. Any tips will be most helpful

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:31 pm

What kind of help are you looking for???
just go to the KSRA office pick up the form.
Fill it submit it and wait.
Nothing to it.

The Police clearance certificate has already been discussed. and i'm sure that if you go thru the prev threads you will find out.

Best thing to do (in case you are confused) is to call them up and get the required info.

In case its something else you are looking for do let us know :-) im sure someone here will help.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:21 pm

More info -
After you get the PVC you will have to submit the form in the KSRA office with a fees of 1000/- which is for the one week course that they have.
After the course is done you will can join the annual or life membership (am not sure if life membership is being given out).

Here is the link for the Police Verification Certificate.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?p=34999
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

anupkkumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anupkkumar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:46 pm

hi all,

i would like to know how much they charge for the initial rifle training course. and how long would be the course?

thanks a lot!

Anup

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:01 pm

I think the amount is Rs.1000.00 and the duration is four weekends (8 days).

Pran should have the exact details as he has done this course.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="41270 wrote:Pran should have the exact details as he has done this course.
It's for 10 sessions and one can apply for it after getting a Police verification certificate from the commissioner's office. The fees for getting a PVC is about 3000 INR and it takes about a month to get it.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

anupkkumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anupkkumar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 am

Is PVC mandatory for all the training courses? And one more, during the training session, will we be provided with guns or we should get it?

your info will help me to plan accordingly.

pavanred
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pavanred » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 am

ok one question....
i have gone through all teh posts above...and the KSRA pages..including the join us page...
but something tat i am still not clear about is..

i am just a normal person..i want to fire a few rounds bcos i want to..no prior shooting background wat so ever..
do i need to be a membership to shoot in the range??
do i need to own a weapon??
or will there be weapons provided at shooting range (KSRA)??
and if i need a membership then... does that include all the procedure i read about in join us page...
the police verifiction.. a civillian training course??

could some one help me out... like i said i am new to this... i got lot of Qs :)
TIA

pavanred
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pavanred » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:33 am

and one more thing.... could anyone tell me the total cost of the whole thing....
Reason : simple.. i dont want to go there with all hopes and return back cos i cant afford it or something.. :)

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:33 am

pavanred";p="42614 wrote: do i need to be a membership to shoot in the range??
Yes

>do i need to own a edited-firearm??

No

>does that include all the procedure i read about in join us page...
the police verifiction.. a civillian training course??

Yes

>could anyone tell me the total cost of the whole thing

PVC- 3000INR
Life membership- 5500INR(Not sure if this has changed)

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

pavanred
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pavanred » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:48 am

What is the "edited" firearm??

besides which weapons will be available if i dont need to buy one.. what choice do we have..

and one q that can be answered only by experience i think...:)
how long is the waiting period.. its been quite talked about in this forum.?

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:57 am

EDITED means an unwanted term has been edited out-What has Mickey been readin/ using now? ;)
The KSRA used to give its members BRNO and older, Martini action BSA single shot .22 rifles to practice. I guess you still can.
As for their web site, its only good for reading...dont expect any worthwhile action happening if you e mail them.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."