Ranges/ Shooting Club in Pune

A list of shooting clubs & associations in India. This includes state associations as well as NRAI affiliated rifle clubs.
mayuri
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Ranges/ Shooting Club in Pune

Post by mayuri » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 am

Hello,
I am from pune.I am International ISSF Judge in shooting event.Can definetly contact [email protected].
With regards,
Mayuri

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello Full_circle
The Shiv Chhatapati Kridapeeth is an International Standard SHooting range, (I should know,since I have been involved in its design and execution). The range belongs to the Govt. of Maharashtra. You ARE NOT required to be a member of the MRA, the Balewadi SHooting Range and Kridaprabodhini (Sports Academy) is directly affiliated to the NRAI. However, you do need to be a member of the Balewadi Shooting Range. Do let me know, I will get your membership through.
Best Regards

mayuri
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mayuri » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Its totaly wrong information that Balewadi is directly affiliated to NRAI.ITs a property of MAHARASHTRA and NRAI pay for there camps and all to Balewadi.Youhav to take an membarship of any club which is affiliated to Maharashtra Rifle Associationg.And for information Here some people says that my club is affiliated to MRA but somtimes its not.Please before joinging any club CHeck from MRA.
And all maharashtra's shooter know this very well fact.ITS OF MAHARASHTRA.
Thanks.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:25 pm

Its totaly wrong information that Balewadi is directly affiliated to NRAI.ITs a property of MAHARASHTRA

1. May I draw your attention to the fact, that I have mentioned that the Krida Prabodhini, is directly affiliated to the NRAI. This was Originally done by the late Mr. Jaisingh Kusale of Kolhapur, who was then Vice President of NRAI.

2. You may be sufficiently enlightened to know, that any property of Maharashtra as you say, is always VESTED in the State Government, please re read what I have stated, that the Balewadi Shooting Range is the property of the Govt. of Maharastra.

3. To USE the Balewadi Shooting Range, one has to be a member of the Shiv Chhatrapati Kridapeeth Shooting Range AND anybody can join it REGARDLESS of the fact whether they are members of the MRA or NOT. There are at present plenty of shooters in Pune who are practising on the Baleadi SHooting Range, who are NOT members of the MRA.

4. The Govt. of Maharashtra and its entities are MUCH BIGGER than any state association. As a matter of fact, the MRA is member of the MOA , which is the Maharashtra Olympic Association, an association of all state sports association comprising different sports. The MOA comes UNDER the Sports Ministry of Govt. of Maharashtra. THe MRA is an autonomous sports body, but to say or claim that one has to be a member of the state association to be ELIGIBLE for taking membership at the Shiv Chhatrapati Kridapeeth is :lol:
Youhav to take an membarship of any club which is affiliated to Maharashtra Rifle Associationg

5. Your point is RELEVANT only if a person is interested in taking part in ISSF shooting competitions either held by the state or national level. For your kind information, there are people who not interested in ISSF shooting and are interested in other forms of shooting , you could perhaps widen your knowledge base by perusing the information available on the following sites;
http://www.ipsc.org/psguide.htm
http://www.ihmsa.org/
And for information Here some people says that my club is affiliated to MRA but somtimes its not.Please before joinging any club CHeck from MRA.
And all maharashtra's shooter know this very well fact.ITS OF MAHARASHTRA.
I am afraid I cannot make head nor tail from the gibberish above.

NK007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by NK007 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:19 pm

:)

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi NK007
Great to see you back.
Regards

mayuri
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mayuri » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Balewadi shooting range is for everybody.For all shooters of India.People should only have there own weapon.Its of Maharashtra state govt.basicaly Maharashtra' Krida prabhodini sports person use that complex for free but its open for all.And shooters just need to show there ID of there club and residence proof to pay range uses charges not to represent balewadi.that is not club or nor association.You should have your own weapon and pallets to go there for practise.
And its not about making head and tail,its about speaking truth.It was not for you It was to aware everybody who want to come in competetion in shooting sports.Here it has happened before give wrong knowledge about there own club saying its affiliated making them fool by giving lectures and earning money.callling them taking courses after that person says now wait for registration at MRAand then blaming to MRA that they not conducting registration and safety course..........
I am shooter and i have good knowdlege for my own requirments.I dont need anybody from here but here i feel they need Good guider or atleast people who want to make money from them will be aware of us(whoever is belong to shooting)...here I am just aware to all.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear Mayuri,

Good to know, that there are people like you who are there in Pune to guide the uninformed. With shooting sports catching the fancy of the lay public, there is bound to be a demand for courses. I am quite aware of the people who are trying to run courses without proper affiliation, some of them have not even shot a national yet claim to be national level shooters. Be that as it may, I once had a discussion on the same subject with Panditji, who was of the opinion, that novices should have the basic intelligence to discern between those who are genuine and those who are fly by night operators.

Still, for a novice it is extremely difficult to make the correct choice and by the time they realise that the person from whom they are taking the so called training, as mentioned by you, is far from what was expected. As a result some of the talented youngsters, get disillusioned, worse their basic technique of shootng is very patchy. This has a bad effect as the shooter progresses in his career, since he/she has to spend great amount of time rectifying the errors, taught in the early days.

I spent a lot of time with some of the foremost coaches in Germany, and they informed me, that in Europe, nobody can just stand up and start coaching in any sports discipline till such time, they have years of experience as athletes in their own disipline, in addition, they have to qualify through courses and exams to be able to coach.

Germany has tiers of coaching levels, one has to start off as an assistant coach for a certain period of time, during this period, he/she has to ASSIST only his senior coach. Once passing the next grade, he is qualified to coach at club level and as his/her experience and qualifications increase, he can then take on coaching assignments for senior shooters.

I am hoping one day to be part of such an institute, which will facilitate the development of good coaching, working towards it, lets hope that collectively like minded individuals come together and contribute to the coaching field.
Best Regards

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Dear all,

Swinging on an old thread here - so excuse me for the same. But as my Qs are wrt Shiv Chhatrapati, Balewadi thought this would be the best thread to post.
I have obtained a life member of Swantantryaveer Savarkar AR Range, Mumbai. I have applied for MRA registration but have to await an MQS in 10m AP event to get it. :-( Unless I get that MRA is not going to forward my reg info to NRAI. I do not have any other membership. So now,

1. Should I desire to come to Balewadi on some weekend to practice at the 80-lane 10m range, can I do it ? If so, what is the procedure ? Please note that since I am a Mumbaikar, yearly/life membership of Balewadi is not feasible nor is a weekly pilgrimage. So what is the proc and the fees ?
2. Should I choose to come on Sat and practice and stay overnight at the hostel (which I presume exist) am I eligible for the same ? And if so, what are the fees etc. ?

Thank y'all very much for the info in advance.
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

nikhilk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilk » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:30 pm

@biking3819,
yes, Renuka Swaroop Range is a very good shooting range.
Theres only one correction.
Mr.Kedar Salunkhe is nowhere considered with the range now. The new range officer is Mr. Anand Borade.
He himself is a professional peepsight rifle shooter.
His contact details are:
Mr.Anand Borade
Range Officer
MES Renuka Swaroop Range
Renuka Swaroop School,
Sadashiv Peth,
Pune.
Contact No: +91-9881311948