New Policy On Arms issued - ILLEGALLY!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

New Policy On Arms issued - ILLEGALLY!

Post by amit888_2000 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

New Policy On Arms issued / implementation by, (Joint Secretary To The Govt. Of India, Mr D.Diptivilasa)

Bad news guys, New Policy on Arms issued and direction has been issued to implement this new policy with immediate effect....

The 1st page of this policy is not been given personally, because lots of official noting was done, and it says abt PB, please be patient I will try and get you the 1st page by this week...

Guys have a read....

I have e-mail the scan copy of the draft to Abhijeet (Mundire), post this immediately on this forum....

regards
Amit

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: New Policy On Arms issued / implementation

Post by hvj1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Waiting anxiously

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:52 pm

So in short...

WE ARE DOOMED.. :cry:
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Please see attached PDF file, it seems to be an almost exact copy of the policy published on the MHA website at http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/AaAPolicyInd-080410.pdf
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm

50 cartridges per bore per year? Are they nuts?
I for once am glad that I am not in India. Whoever drafted that policy I am sorry to say knows nothing about weapons, or the effect it has on society. What a dimwit.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Actually feeling, our own country, has cheated us....

Even if u r a shooter, ur all India status will be Renewed & Reviewed, after every 3 yrs, and From now ur ammo quota increase power goes to MHA....

Actually, Shame on there thinking.....

regards
amit

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Its a big sham... where is equality? Gov should confiscate all weapons and civilians should not be allowed to own firearms.. no EXCEPTIONS. OR allow each and everbody to own friearms no conditions except person should not have criminal background.

Cheers,
Biren

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 pm

What happens to people who already have an ammunition quota more than 50 cartridges? So does one have to prove the reason for renewal of ALL India validity every time? So what do we do now? this really sucks :( I was hoping that we would have good news this year.
Anand :( :cry:

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Im lost for words...... or rather have so many that dont know which will be right ones to use here.

Looks like the Gays had a better deal than us. (no offence to the Gays).
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 pm

they get away with this as if there is any cry it in silent mode. a active lobby is needed.

-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 17:39 --

they get away with this as if there is any cry it in silent mode. a active lobby is needed.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 pm

The clauses concerning Ammunition Quota and Reporting of Usage of Such Ammunition is bound to create a black/ underground market for such ammunition. Also AIV clause is rather ambigous. The DM/ State MHA level guys will just go around in circles and ultimately lead to corruption in the absense of any authority competent enough to profile the license holder and understand the dynamics of firearms. Also, the clause asking for census of firearm licenses is nothing but duplication of work at DM level because the current arms act already provides for this.

Absolutely pityfull policy formation, especially coming from the Central Govt. I guess DM, local police and state level guys are in for a wild goose chase till they really understand the ramifications of this.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Besides everything else, it is also ILLEGAL! The Arms Act was passed by both houses of parliament as were the Arms Rules. Any changes made to either of these two pieces of legislation REQUIRE that they be tabled before both houses in the form of an amendment etc. The ministry cannot simply notify these changes at their own whim and fancy by calling it "arms policy"! Due process must be followed, and since they have not done so, this is open to challenge.

This is also a prime case for the Rajya Sabha Committee on Subordinate Legislation.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

mundaire wrote:Besides everything else, it is also ILLEGAL! The Arms Act was passed by both houses of parliament as were the Arms Rules. Any changes made to either of these two pieces of legislation REQUIRE that they be tabled before both houses in the form of an amendment etc. The ministry cannot simply notify these changes at their own whim and fancy by calling it "arms policy"! Due process must be followed, and since they have not done so, this is open to challenge.

This is also a prime case for the Rajya Sabha Committee on Subordinate Legislation.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
They will keep doing so again and again until there is some visible opposition to it, which at the moment doesn’t exists or not visible.

In this country of ours until you make big ho-halla, you just can’t achieve anything on the public front. Sadly our country is run by dimwit politicians and loudmouth PC media and they are more concerned with love affairs of politicians and their dealings than plight of general public.

I should have left this place when I had the chance.. :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm

very iodiotic policy :evil: why dont they reduce vehicle population to reduce the accidents................is this the logic :evil:

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Besides everything else, it is also ILLEGAL! The Arms Act was passed by both houses of parliament as were the Arms Rules. Any changes made to either of these two pieces of legislation REQUIRE that they be tabled before both houses in the form of an amendment etc. The ministry cannot simply notify these changes at their own whim and fancy by calling it "arms policy"! Due process must be followed, and since they have not done so, this is open to challenge.
In all probability, they have not made any changes to Arms Act 1959 or Arms Rules 1962. Actually they do not have any real need to do so, Arms Act gives them almost unlimited powers to literally do whatever they please, including playing with fundamental rights of people. In my opinion Arms Act is suffering from vice of over delegation.
I am not all surprised by this nonsense policy by MHA. I am repeating so long we have this nonsense Arms Act 1959, we will continue to suffer. All this is just the symptom. Arms Act itself needs to be challenged in court, Arms Act provides unlimited powers to the government to violate the fundamental rights of people. As a result of these unlimited powers, we are continuously suffering.
The main question is, are we really going to do something meaningful or just keep on protesting on this board?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992