Check out this old article by Sanjay Singh

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:54 pm

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstor ... sid=175366

I really dont understand the points that he wants to establish.. !!!! :evil:

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:41 pm

Sounds like an idiot who does not realise the police acknowledged fact that the Mafia does not use licensed firearms!

And it's no surprise that more and more law abiding citizens in UP are purchasing increasing quantities of arms and ammunition - they live in one of the most poorly policed states in the country, with a high incidence of kidnappings, murders, extortion etc. They have a very real threat perception!

I'd be very interested in knowing how many guns Mr. Sanjay Singh has at home! The hypocrisy of anti-gun advocates is legendary - for an example close to home, Maneka Gandhi, herself a gun owner - tried her hardest to ensure that the rest of us would need an arms license to even own an airgun! Thank god, it did not go through :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Re: Check out this old article by Sanjay Singh

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:20 pm

I posted my comments on this story.They did not post it :evil: Have you noticed one thing.Even this idiot claims that the main pillferage is from the Police and Army Ordnance Depots.Perhaps we should disarm the police and army first.

penpusher

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:53 pm

To me it looks like an earnest and successful effort in proving the existance of babu-sthan citizens(a.k.a. idiots, sub-morons etc.) in all levels of governance.

The reason licences are issued to the wrong kind of people are is the corruption, political pressure and of course the hopelessly inadequate pre-licence verification mechanism

The fart is actually translating gun owhership to automatic voilence and crime.... ignorant fop.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:13 pm

to_saptarshi";p="7662 wrote:I really dont understand the points that he wants to establish.. !!!! :evil:
Let me explain it for you 8)

He is telling us that..

1) Gun dealers are very unhappy because of increased number of firearm licences granted by authorities and as a sign of protest they are rapidly opening new gun shops.

2) Nine lakh licence holders in UP have applied for the position of " shooter" with crime bosses as the later have specified that illegal firearm owners are not eligible to apply.

3) Lucknow itself has 41,770 licensed arms-holders — and that’s just the official figure

There is an un-official figure of licence holders as well i.e all those possessing firearms are licence holders ( he is telling us not to confuse between licence holders and gun owners. They are one and the same)

4) Dealers are also unhappy that the prices of rifles in black market has come down.

5) Unfortunately, the government does not discourage people from buying revolvers, pistols, rifles and carbine

Again you see, gun dealers actually want a ban on gun ownership. That's why they are rapidly opening gun shops.

Simple logic of antis.........
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Sujay";p="7676 wrote:
to_saptarshi";p="7662 wrote:I really dont understand the points that he wants to establish.. !!!! :evil:
Let me explain it for you 8)

He is telling us that..

1) Gun dealers are very unhappy because of increased number of firearm licences granted by authorities and as a sign of protest they are rapidly opening new gun shops.

2) Nine lakh licence holders in UP have applied for the position of " shooter" with crime bosses as the later have specified that illegal firearm owners are not eligible to apply.

3) Lucknow itself has 41,770 licensed arms-holders — and that’s just the official figure

There is an un-official figure of licence holders as well i.e all those possessing firearms are licence holders ( he is telling us not to confuse between licence holders and gun owners. They are one and the same)

4) Dealers are also unhappy that the prices of rifles in black market has come down.

5) Unfortunately, the government does not discourage people from buying revolvers, pistols, rifles and carbine

Again you see, gun dealers actually want a ban on gun ownership. That's why they are rapidly opening gun shops.

Simple logic of antis.........
Man this is so funny. We should encourage more anti's like them- that ought to cause enough confusion among them to neutralize the antis....
What a bunch of jackasses

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:30 am

Well, if anyone needs proof of how deranged the antis are, here it is. No less an authority than Sigmund Freud considered those who had a hatred for weapons of any kind as delinquents. This character perfectly deserves the term "hoplophobe" for gun haters as coined by the late Col Jeff Cooper. I wish we could organise a public debate with a moron like him. It would be nice to expose these whack jobs on NDTV or some similar channel.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:08 pm

I'd take an entirely different meaning to 'whack job' Mehul...if you know what I mean...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:54 pm

The reporter doesnt seem to have much idea about weapons and gun laws....hence he could not give any focus to the report...Its just a mixbag of information but does not hit the point.....

My personal observation as a journalist. Its a pity that my fraternity is full of people like him.

TC

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:56 pm

TC,

This article should redeem your tribe http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1068767

penpusher

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:55 am

Thanks penpusher, a very well written report. You see reporters are not supposed to know everything about anything. But they need to have an analytical mind and draw the right inference out of information they have gathered. Smitha Desmukh has done just that.

TC

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:35 am

Here is another one TC though very old

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms. ... d=40499555

The only thing I should say

"trigger happy Amdavadis do not mind shelling out a few lakh extra for guns of their choice" :shock: I dont know how ppls thinks that a Gun enthusiastic always has to be a "Trigger Happy" I am qurious to know how many of them are aware of the process of issueing a license in India and the hassels one has to go through to get it finally. So far I have not found any article written on the newspaper about it. :o

TC any thoughts ??? :idea:

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:34 pm

penpusher, cant believe what I read ::::

"According to police officials, people are ready to pay a couple of lakhs for even second-hand guns. "Some dealers sell the .32 bore IOF made revolver for Rs 1.5 lakh, whereas its actual cost is Rs 62,000," says DCP K K Ojha."

Now who would do that ?

Regarding articles on difficulty in getting licence and procurement let me see...

So long

TC