Another posters (India/America)

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Oleg Volk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Another posters (India/America)

Post by Oleg Volk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 am

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Another posters (India/America)

Post by timmy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:55 am

I like it!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:09 am

Oleg,

Very apt and thank you for the photographs.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Excellent :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:22 pm

There has been some criticism of this poster saying that Indians do not lack freedom.

The specific freedom that is being touted here is the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. The point being made here is that it is a competitive advantage for America to be able to draw qualified people to the US. The right to own the tools for hunting and self defense (without having to submit to excessively burdensome regulations) is a definite consideration in my decision to continue to live in the US (and I'm sure of some forum members of Indian origin who live in the US)

Here is what Oleg says:
My poster points out that more freedom = more smart people coming here.
Oleg is a rather unique individual in that his vision shows a remarkable tolerance for someone as young as he is. If there is any racial bias in him it is not evident from either his work or his persona. I personally do not see any criticism of Indians in this poster. If anything, I see the poster saying that the US should encourage the immigration of qualified people from other countries.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Oleg Volk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Oleg Volk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 pm

You got that right! The point of the poster is that freedom attracts better grade of immigrants. Hong Kong attracted people because it had more economic freedom than its neighbors. USA did the same because it had more political and gun freedom. We no longer rate all that highly on economic freedom and, should we lose other attractions as well, we would no longer attract good immigrants.

That is an intellectual argument for the US conservatives and an emotional argument for the US liberals.

gunnera4
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gunnera4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 am

oleg volk is very well known and respected in u.s. firearms circles as a photographer and advocate of gun rights. he is also a fine example of a quality immigrant coming to the united states. as also is bobby jindal, the governor of the state of louisiana, whose parents emigrated here from india. governor jindal was born here in the u.s. so he is legally able to run for president, and many people, myself included, would vote for him if he were to choose to run. (and oleg, we've met online, i'm "gunner" in the "women and guns" forum, and i'm pleased to see your fame becoming international, it's well deserved.)
"And my only friend, from start to end, was a punishing army Colt."

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Aah! there will be critics and there will be nitpickers, I have to say India still has some freedoms that even the US has decided to regulate, fire crackers for example :D .
However, we are in grave danger of losing our freedom to own and legitimately use firearms for defense & recreation, what with our not having a "second amendment" in our Constitution. The point is well made by that poster. Oleg is known to most gun aficianados frequenting other gun forums and is a fantastic photographer.