If anti's can do it why can't we?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

If anti's can do it why can't we?

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi Ppl,

After reading penpusher's post regarding current prices of Guns in INDIA I was wondering who is responsible for our situation. Is it government or some fat ass babu who know nothing about guns or we the shooters? Why these anti's always have upper hand in matters of hunting or guns? Is it because they bother to come to streets or because we keep sitting on our butts and let these people have a field day. I think latter is the reason of our problems. In my whole life I never heard anybody marching towards parliament for gun rights or sitting on hunger strike for legal hunting. This situation is not unique to our country every where it's same apart from may be US. Air gun bbs has close to 12000 shooters as members and many of them hunt but nobody staged a march or something when they banned fox hunting. I think we are having these problems because we are not vocal enough. It’s high time when people like Mr. Rathore or Jaspal Rana should stand in favour of budding shooters. It’s high time when people like Shimon Sharief add a column on indianshooting.com asking for gun rights and it’s a high time when people like you and me should stand and demand for our way of life.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: If anti's can do it why can't we?

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:08 pm

Inder,

A very fine post, my friend. I think we are on the right track with Abhijeet's TV interview and with this forum slowly gaining more members. Right now we have less than 200 members though several thousand people visit our site everyday. While I agree that many of those may be antis, there are bound to be vastly more pro gunners than antis in those numbers. It is unfortunate that many of these people only visit and do not even sign on and post to express their solidarity with our group, presuming that they stand for the same cause that we do. As a matter of fact, a full 30% of our members do not even post and just log on once in a while to read what others have posted without offering their own opinions or comments.

Right now we are small in number and we do not have enough people at various locations to organise a public protest but I am positive that we shall have the numbers slowly and through careful cultivation of new shooters. That is the reason why I have been proposing the IFG air rifle matches to people who would not be able to afford to buy fancy 10m target guns.

If any other group would like to work with us, I am sure that they would be as welcome as our present members have been. We are happy to work with other groups who are doing the same kind of work that we are. Indian Shooting deserve our hearty congratulations for encouraging target shooting in India. Our hand of friendship and co-operation will always be extended to them should they wish to talk to us. Hopefully, we shall all gain enough members to make our cause better known in the public arena and become an even louder voice.

Cheers!

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:33 pm

Air gun bbs has close to 12000 shooters as members and many of them hunt but nobody staged a march or something when they banned fox hunting.
Agree with your general sentiment barring the above. In case of doubt you could always verify this by posting this there or drawing their attention to it....... if you wish, ofcourse.

Not only did people protest in front of Parliament but they were clobbered by the police. Do get your facts right in future.

BTW, I too feel that the NRA (U.S.) is the one body that has done a lot for the gun rights of U.S. citizens. I personally feel that so long as the NRA is able to flex its muscles there is some hope for gun owners around the globe. Has anyone ever given thought to joining this organisation?

Rather than waste Rs.15,000.00 by giving it to the National Rubberstamp Association of India (NRAI) why not shell out $35.00 (Rs.1,645) per year for an NRA membership? At least you know this money is being spent in support of something you love and don't want to see banned.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:08 pm

Mack The Knife,

I did a Google search before posting this and nothing pro-hunting came up but after reading your post I searched again with different key words and it was there. You are right i should have got my facts straight before posting above statement. I apologize for my mistake but that been said i still feel that BBS is paranoid whenever there is any anti talk and i personally think they don't have any reason to do so. There are around 12000 members which I think is only some percentage of rabbit hunters in UK. I've seen pics of rabbit infested farms there and believe me its bad. If I am not wrong every UK government tried to tackle this problem by spreading Myxy etc but still this problem is there. All i want to say hunters in UK are not doing any bad thing by hunting these rabbits. I don't know if they are doing this or not but in my opinion they should do a survey kind of thing where they should put facts in numbers that this many millions worth of grain is getting wasted because of these rabbits and if hunters are killing that many then how many millions are they saving.

Regarding NRA, I didn't know that any non-American can join but after talking to Mehul I know where my $35 is going.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:17 pm

[quote="Mack The Knife Bana";p="6844"]
Air gun bbs has close to 12000 shooters as members and many of them hunt but nobody staged a march or something when they banned fox hunting.
[/quote]

Mack The Knife is correct, there were plenty of protests.....many of which involved FAR more than 12,000 people.

You have to take into account as well that there are plenty of UK hunters who don`t agree with hunting to hounds - it can be a pretty barbaric pastime ! Oscar Wilde called it `The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible` and there`s a good deal of support for that opinion. I, along with many others, supported the pro-Fox hunting campaign for two reasons: Because it could be guaranteed that shooting would be next on the anti-hunting campaigners list and because of the economic hardship that would have been caused to many rural industries.
As it happens the ban has been singularly ineffective because of there being so many legal loopholes and because the Government hasn`t the political will to police the ban.
It should also be pointed-out that the `ban` only related to Fox hunting with hounds, NOT shooting Foxes.

It`s a sad fact that in `civilised` countries the only way of getting Governments to take notice of a mass opinion is by public protest. Organise a march on Parliament in favour of relaxed laws on firearms ownership and hunting and you might get somewhere - 20,000 people yelling their heads off tends to get a Governments attention !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 pm

Inder,

If you are interested, you could try the Countryside Alliance or DEFRA for the stats. They may have it.
Regarding NRA, I didn't know that any non-American can join but after talking to Mehul I know where my $35 is going.
Every year or only when you visit? ;)

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:00 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="6855 wrote:Inder,

Every year or only when you visit? ;)

Mack The Knife
Only for the year I visit....and i ll be visiting every year...atleast for next ten years... :)

-Inder

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:04 pm

I would like to keep this short and sweet.

Having read the posts ending with Grumpy's and there being no other moderator around, I have taken the liberty to delete all threads concerned with a certain subject matter. It wasn't an easy decision to make but for right or wrong I have done what I thought what was in the best interests of the board.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:08 pm

Pran,

I have taken the liberty to delete your post.Please stick to the subject matter of this forum.Go somewhere else to expostulate your political views.They are not welcome here.I hope the rest of the members feel the same.

penpusher

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:13 pm

Good work Mack The Knife.Was in the process of doing the same.You were faster on the draw.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:17 pm

penpusher,

It's something I was hoping I would never have to do. Especially since you know how I feel about censorship.

Right or wrong, this chapter is closed. Let's get on with the topic in hand.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:34 am

From my point of view Mack The Knife/penpusher I believe that you have made entirely the correct decision and I`m pleased to see the back of the matter - including my contribution.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:36 am

Thanks Mack The Knife and penpusher it was the correct decision

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:19 am

Just got back from a dinner... and it seems I've missed out on a bit of goings on here. Not sure what happened, but I take it things went further south than anticipated and all is not well...

I just typed out a long post, deleted it, then typed another one and deleted that too!

I think I'll just say here that it saddens me to see that while we assume that all members will behave in a responsible and decent manner and that a love for freedom would extend to a free and open mind, obviously this is not always the case.

I think there is merit in discussing this in detail between the moderators, to see if any further action is called for.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein