Plans on the start

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 pm

The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:28 am

RottLord

I have forwarded your messages to the Moderators section but I am confused on what exactly is expected from the Mods?

Within India RKBA is an issue which has been distorted by the government and the media. This bias cannot be removed over night and requires a very informed long drawn approach. Money will never be an issue it’s the game plan that matters. My personal opinion is that starting a magazine can be counter productive without thinking through the effort required to sustain it, especially the mundane things such as writing articles, editing, targeted audience, circulation, etc. .

If you or any other member has contacts with journalists then for starters try to get Abhijeets or other pro gun articles published in the main stream media.

We already have IFG and internet is a great medium for disseminating information and sharing common ideas.

Many members have already outlined the key RKBA discussion points and we should try writing posts addressing those. Hopefully we will get more active participation from the members and with decent repository we could start a monthly news letter or an online magazine.

Best

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 am

Dear Mr. Grewal,

Thank you for your reply. Let me answer your queries.

Before we can start anything, we need the Admins and the Moderators to give a go-ahead signal. Besides, since the mag I proposed shall be published under the IFG banner, it shall be IFG to apply for the RNI number. The IFG authority should also keep a track of all the donations appearing from the willing site members, handle the production related expenses and it must as well run a final check on the mag to see that no article/write-up creates a legal conflict.

If IFG becomes a publication house as well, then we shall be the media supporting this issue; I understand Internet is a stronger medium but is not everyone's cuppa. We want even the computer-illiterate person to become aware of their rights. I was running a mag on Rock and Heavy Metal music from 2001 to 2002 (High Note) and I can happily put in my efforts. I'm a ghost writer by profession so writing articles and editing shall not be a problem; regarding circulation, it's the distributors who are going to help.

There are site members like Trishul, Raviraj and TenX who are more than willing to give their best regarding the designing and handling the circulation; besides, it's TenX who has got in touch with the Lions' Club Intl and a MP to really take the idea to places.

There are pro-gun journalists like TC, S.A. Burrows, Shikha Dalmia and Robert Munday whom we can approach for monthly columns; besides, Abhijeet himself is a prolific writer. And I believe, existing site members are not going to back off from writing a couple of articles every month.

Mr. Grewal, just think about this, if Abhijeet rights a pro-gun column in some other magazine it shall fade to obscurity the next day itself, after the reader is through with the mag; whereas, with our own mag, the effect shall linger for a longer period and thus shall install itself into the psyche of the readers.

We can use the existing media to publicise our mag and events and as I told yo before, the costing is coming to 10 bucks a mag if we print 5000 copies. Now, for a glossy mag with ample pictures, anybody shall be willing to shell out 20 or 25 bucks.

None among us are looking to make money through it and all of us are willing to work for free. If the community wins, that shall be our biggest reward.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:14 pm

RottLord,

Don't you think there is a good reason why the Admns and Mods are quiet?

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Dear Doc,

I think it's probably because they are under an impression that very few are interested in this whole thing. However, I'm looking forward to your opinion on the silence. But then again, if you are talking about investments being the reason, then 500 members, each donating 200 bucks at the most shall be more than enough to print 10,000 copies of the proposed mag i.e. 5000 copies a month.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:48 pm

RottLord";p="62031 wrote: Ten X, please visit the page: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?p=62030#62030
The link says its unavailable :(
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 pm

Searching for it and shall send you the tran.scripts.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Plans on the start

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:08 pm

RottLord I fully agree with you, we need to change public opinion by making them aware of facts. I feel at the same time it should be pursued properly with violent crime data where in maximum cases unlicensed firearms are used(Terrorists don't apply for arms licenses) in High Court/Supreme Court.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Plans on the start

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:45 am

Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oleg Volk
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Oleg Volk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:41 am

If we publicize gun laws in various countries, it will become obvious that the laws are arbitrary. Sound moderators are unregulated in New Zealand but illegal in many other places. The same is true for pistols, semi-auto and auto rifles, rifled guns in general, non-FMJ ammunition and so on. Once other countries' laws are known, the Indian laws will begin looking comparatively draconian.