Buy them cheap, Bury them deep

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
renegade_division
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Buy them cheap, Bury them deep

Post by renegade_division » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 am

HOUSTON -- A new, controversial gun store ad has some Houstonians wondering about the real meaning behind, "Buy them cheap. Bury them deep," KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

The radio ad also says, "This is Jim Pruett calling from federal prison. Well, not yet."

The ad is for Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo in northwest Harris County.

It then carries a political message, "Come this November, many could be incarcerated if a bunch of naive voters elect misguided, anti-gun politicians to office."

But one line stands out. It says, "Jim Pruett's guns and ammo, where we say 'Buy them cheap. Bury them deep.'"

But some are asking, "Bury who deep?"

Owner Jim Pruett said, "We certainly don't mean -- buy your guns, shoot the criminals and bury them deep. Not in your back yard. No, that's not the intent of that. But it's a fun thing to think about."

Pruett said he meant customers should buy guns now and stash them away in case Texans cannot buy them later because politicians prohibit the sale.

It's not the first time the former radio personality and Vietnam veteran has captured attention. One of his radio ads urged Houstonians to arm themselves against Hurricane Katrina evacuees. He called them "Katricians."

Pruett said, "I try to use my radio time to say something important."

But, Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, "It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe."

Pruett said his gun training classes remain at full capacity. He said they have successfully trained more than 5,000 people over the past seven years.

Buy Them cheap, bury them deep

I like the idea, though in India its pointless, though you can still bury a bunch of AK-47s, and guns in case of a Chinese invasion where they nuked our high command, or maybe in case of some wide spread riots(the biggest reason why I believe there should be more guns in Indian society).

For Advertising mail webmaster
Novus Collectus
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Buy them cheap, Bury them deep

Post by Novus Collectus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:25 am

There is a run on joke among the group of gun owners I converse and hang with. When we talk about the possibility of mandatory registration occuring we always mention how we have no guns to register ever since that fateful boat trip on the Chesapeake Bay when they all fell overboard.
:wink:

In Canada since they have had registration of all firearms there are about seven million guns registered, but there are an estimated nine to twenty million firearms in Canada according to the Small Arms Survey.
.....there sure seems to be a lot of people in Canada that don't know how to keep a boat upright.
:lol: