Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime

Post by to_saptarshi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 am

Hi,

Just found this video on youtube while browsing ..worth viewing just check it out ..

Regards
Saptarshi

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime

Post by art_collector » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 am

....read todays Times of India(8th Feb Delhi Edition) Page 6

" Gun laws need more firepower".........

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:26 pm

art_collector";p="37620 wrote: ....read todays Times of India(8th Feb Delhi Edition) Page 6
" Gun laws need more firepower".........
the exact article that had me fuming! apparently a group of no-gooders totally out of touch with reality like arundhati roy deciding to opine on matters far beyond their puny intellect.

made me wonder if we should do the same (no, not opine on matters beyond our intellect :roll: ), but get together for a press conference like these jokers, and present our side of the arguement. for a start, try reversing this misconception among pseudo intellectuals that gun licensing is easy pasey.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kanwal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kanwal » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:14 pm

I had read that article this morning, what to say its a blow to aspiring licence seekers like me...... and there was no one to raise a voice and to ask authorities to check how many gun crimes have actually been done using illegal firearms, and how do these policy makers plan to prevent such crimes involving illegals ?

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:23 pm

Wait for the day when you have to apply for a license if you want to buy a catty.... :roll:

There is one more news today or yesterday newspaper where a boy shot his classmate with a Katta.. I think thats also a mistake of license gun holders.. :roll:

My blood is boiling..need to get out of this country before i get a heart attack... :evil: :evil:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Guys,

Can you most a link to this article.

hamiclar01........a press confrence form IFG sounds like a nice idea.

Best

-Vinayaka
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:57 am

The link to the article is:

Gun laws need more firepower

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Seriously Ridiculous.....

-Nishant

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:01 pm

holders.. :roll:

My blood is boiling..need to get out of this country before i get a heart attack... :evil: :evil:

-Inder
[/quote]

Relax Inder nothing's gonna happen. The article talks about making things tighter for those who abuse their licenses.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:34 pm

dev";p="37719 wrote:holders.. :roll:

Dev
And go where Dev? most of the other countries where one would like to live have similar or stricter gun laws. Unless you want to move to the US?

AMK

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:22 pm

-Inder
Relax Inder nothing's gonna happen. The article talks about making things tighter for those who abuse their licenses.

Dev[/quote]

And what after they are done with them Dev? I am sure its gonna get down to people like me who have applied for new license or thinkiing to apply.

Seriously Bad...

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:03 pm

amk";p="37831 wrote:And go where Dev? most of the other countries where one would like to live have similar or stricter gun laws. Unless you want to move to the US?

AMK
AMK, while on paper several countries seem to have similar laws - in practice getting an arms license is a lot simpler and hassle free even in these countries. In India the issuance of an arms license is purely on discretion which more often than not is abused. In several jurisdictions they have a policy of not even accepting an arms license application unless the applicant has "pull", in others palm greasing is an integral part of the process :roll: Furthermore even after getting an arms license the import ban and restrictions on ammo manufacture/ import ensures that buying a gun (and shooting it) is a bloody expensive affair... several times more expensive in comparison to almost any country on earth!

While the US may be the most visible example of a free country where citizens have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, there are many others... The Swiss have some of the highest guns per captia, New Zealand also has very free gun laws... the right of all free citizens to be armed is all about civil liberties NOT privilege!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:50 pm

These are very few countries Abhi; the majority of the developed countries have ultra strict laws. I used to live in the UK, I couldn't even imagine owning a handgun there.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:52 pm

amk";p="37831 wrote:

Dev
And go where Dev? most of the other countries where one would like to live have similar or stricter gun laws. Unless you want to move to the US?

AMK
I don't recall advising anyone to go anywhere :lol:
I have been to a few countries and recently to oz where Indians are doing the lemming thing. You will be amused to learn that you need a license for airguns and airsoft toys are banned. While one may dream of greener pastures it takes atleast two years of being a PR holder to become a citizen and then more time to even find a job. So three years may go before you even get an air gun in your hands.

If our officials were so fast to act then after every misfire or firearm related incident a thousand licences should have been revoked. Nothings happening and lets not behave like pea hens running around squaking that the sky is falling on our heads. :lol:

The amount of blood pressure that we guys steam up is too funny. Relax guys you will all get your licenses.
Unless ofcourse you have a tie up with a certain Mr.Laden.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:22 pm

amk";p="37843 wrote: These are very few countries Abhi; the majority of the developed countries have ultra strict laws. I used to live in the UK, I couldn't even imagine owning a handgun there
you can't own a handgun in u.k. if you are a civilian. however, getting a shotgun and rifle license is much fairer and a lot easier than in india. you don't even need a british passport for it.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."