Have you ever applied for an Arms License?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Have you ever applied for an arms license? What was the outcome?

Never applied and don't think I will be applying anytime soon
2%
Never applied, but plan to apply soon
45%
Applied but my application was turned down
5%
Applied and have 1/ more arms license(s), but application for additional arms was turned down
5%
Applied and have 1/ more arms license(s)
34%
Application in progress
9%

Total votes: 128

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Fate of license appliacants

Post by indian » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:41 am

coming directly to the point :( posting from canada,a relative of mine from andhra pradesh,holding a .22 rifle applied for a second license,a 12 bore and got the whacking of his life from the authorities. :o :o they want him to decide between .22 and 12 bore but against 2nd firearm and they even said he dosent need 2nd gun coz he is just a normal employee and no big shot....how can we tolerate this and hows the new generation going to involve in this sport with this kind of authorities???????????????????

For Advertising mail webmaster
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Fate of license appliacants

Post by cherian.k.k » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:08 pm

indian
even though what they told is not justified,when the law permit us to keep 3 guns,i am not surprised because when i applied for my 3rd gun a revolver the authorities even after seeing all the certificates they told me i don't need even a single gun.
cherian.k.k

***Edited***

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Fate of license appliacants

Post by indian » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:16 pm

thanks for the reply cherian :D :D .....to speak in real,no police inspector is clear about firearms and their rules or regulations :( :( :(

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Have you ever applied for an Arms License?

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Have you ever applied for an arms license? If so what was the outcome of your application? Please feel free to share any experiences of your application process on this thread - especially those who have had their applications rejected for various reasons. Please specify the reasons given by the licensing authority at the time of rejecting your application.
Last edited by mundaire on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Have you ever applied for an Arms License?

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:04 pm

I am going to put my selection on hold.

I am currently in the last category but have an application for a third firearm in the pipeline. If they reject it, it would then put me in the last but one category.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:31 pm

I remember when first time i applied for Licence,,i was doing my graduate,,and the officer ask me to show my Age proof as i was looking like a High School student that time.The application was later rejected by the CO office as i changed by house tht time ,,so asked me to bring report from the police station where i shifted .It took 2 years to complete the procedure,bcoz i between the elections were declared and they stopped processing the licence,later my file was lost ,,it took 4-5 months to locate it,,,really a hard time.
Then the city magistrate started comming to our shooting range and he became friend of mine ,He approved my First licence for hand gun on Sunday at his residence,monday booklet was issued,i bought my handgun on the same day and on tuesdays it presented it for inspection and endorsement.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Wassup? Do only 3 out of all the people who answered the other poll, have arms licenses?! :roll: Com'on, poll in here - this poll is meant to allow everyone to get a feel of how hard it actually is to acquire an arms license...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:20 pm

There is no choice for In progress status :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:16 pm

kanwar76";p="35850 wrote:There is no choice for In progress status :(

-Inder
:oops: Oversight on my part! Have now added it as the last option...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:18 am

People... com'on weigh in with your experiences here... I see one person has selected "rejected". Please do tell us what happened and what reasons were cited for the rejection...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:01 am

mundaire";p="36066 wrote: People... com'on weigh in with your experiences here...
i'm not sure if i'd like to re live the tense two months, except for the final days.....the ecstasy when it was approved and the proud gait when i started shopping. the two things that do stick out were the first interrogation, by a pair of constables, who tried to dissuade me as much as they could (arrey daktar saheb, aapko to milna mushkil hai, rehney do), and the final interview by the DCP, who turned out to be a rare breed.......a pleasant, sensible policeman.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:55 am

hello
like Mack The Knife Bana, application for my 3 gun is on the move{last stage} so no vote for now.if evey thing goes well i will get it next month. it is going to be one year since i moved first. it is taking this long as i want a all india licence
cherian.k.k

Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lever Action » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Hello,
I have a revolver and a rifle and applied for 12 bore pump action gun, all the formalities were complete and the file had reached DM's office but after the change of government in UP all is on hold .

Regards
Lever Action

sangi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sangi » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 am

Hello! Had applied (and got) my license, many, many years ago for a NPB rifle and 12 bore DBBL. Subsequently, applied for another license for a NPB rifle and a pistol - got that also. No problems, but five years back, the CP's office was very keen to cancel one NPB rifle, until I showed them my NRA membership. Even now, every time I go in for renewals, they try to force me to cancel at least one license. Till now, things are getting along.........,wonder till when.Guess I was plain lucky.Have filled up the relevant column in the poll. Regards.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:23 pm

one copy with police station, another in tehsil. Now I have to see what the fuss is going to be.
UP asks for caste certificate-any reservation quota here too?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."