How many firearms do you own?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

How many firearms do you have in your name?

NONE
7%
Only own airguns, NO firearms
22%
22%
17%
13%
4 (including the .22 rifle entitled to Rifle club members)
4%
More than 4
3%
I own guns OUTSIDE INDIA
13%

Total votes: 183

RamMani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How many firearms do you own?

Post by RamMani » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I have one 12bore SBBL (Indian Made/NationalSmallArms) and 1 IHP Mod35.22,well tuned with help of IFG Guru's :evil:

For Advertising mail webmaster
darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by darashp » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:08 am

i own only .32 bore revolver iof make only.but planning to go for addition. :cheers:

hdn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hdn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi ,
I Have a New License and going to buy a New Revolver.
HDN

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:09 pm

sudhaiob wrote:fire arms 1- a 12 gauge pump shotgun
licences 3 (SBBL, NP Rifle, NP Pistol)
have finalised a.22 rifle, am on the lookout for a .22 pistol
Regs
sudhaiob
make it 3
1. the above mentioned 12 bore
2. a stevens 87d model .22 rifle
3. a .22 hi Standard pistol and
lastly a diana .22 air rifle in model 52

Anchorage
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Anchorage » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

I didn't vote in the poll, because I own over 100 firearms, in a mixture of sporting and military calibers, and with a mix of handguns, shotguns and rifles (and even one airgun!). I own several SMLE rifles in .303 manufactured in India. I also have in excess of 30000 rounds of ammunition. All of this is entirely legal and all without any government license. Furthermore, I carry a handgun on my person in public every day, also entirely legal and without any government license. Of course, all my weapons are owned outside of India. :)

I write you all to offer my support for your efforts and encouragement from this fellow gun owner in Alaska. While I have more firearms and ammunition than the typical American gunowner, there are tens of thousands around the country who own even more than I. I have followed with interest your efforts in India to reassert your constitutional right to arms. We in the USA have also had a hard fight to re-secure and retain our constitutional rights, a fight which is ongoing to this day, and one which is opposed by a certain US official touring your country as I write this.

It is a long hard fight against the forces of ignorance, but surely freedom is worth the cost. Keep fighting the good fight!

Best Wishes to you all!

sivayamaha9292
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sivayamaha9292 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:49 pm

hello all i have 12 bore DBBL and beretta 71 model .22 PISTOL now applied for one more (pistol or revolver), sure i will get the licence for pistol i think. iam an life member of NRAI

p_sircar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by p_sircar » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:25 pm

12 bore SBBL webly and scot
8x 57 Brno.
.22 I.O.F
Air arms S410.177
Air arms S200T .177
Regards Prabir

Pradyumna
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Pradyumna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 pm

I have 12 bore DBBL , Theate Feress,Belgian & .22 IOF rifle. My father has a Manton 12 bore DBBL having selective ejecters.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 am

i have a .22 SBBL Brno model 1and a 12 bore DBBL BSA .also a huntsman classic and a diana 52 in .177
Last edited by andy_65_in on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yashish83
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by yashish83 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:07 pm

.32 webley&scot mark 4 revolver
.22lr krico rifle
12 guage dbbl belgium gun
.177 walher dominator rifle
.177 walther cp 99 air pistol
.177 walther ppk air pistol
.177 styer lp 2 compact air pistol
.177 browning buckmark air pistol
crosbow pistol
.22 walther dominator rifle

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:16 pm

How could I miss this thread in five years :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, between the early 90s and the present day I have owned quite a few firearms, sometimes four at time against four licences and three at a time on most occasions. Right now I have come down to two licences because at this age the "more the merrier" theory does not really appeal to me, more so because other than me, nobody in my family owns or wants to own firearms for their own good reasons. Today, a gun to me is nothing more or nothing less than a tool of not so everyday use.

Here is the list of what I have owned. All bought by me. No family inheritance except the first one.

1) .32 pistol by Bernardelli. This was my first firearm and a gift from my dad when I turned 22. Sold it later for a real beauty. The pistol was a WW II issue weapon and came with stampings. A fine pistol that would never jam or misfire. But not very accurate beyond 25 metres.

2) .22 BSA rifle Martini action, single shot. I customised this into a field rifle with bipods and a fine Redfield scope. I had a field day every time I went out with it :D

3) .22 Winchester bolt action rifle with ten shot magazine. This was a very short rifle and came with a scope. Cant remember the model. The short and compact dimensions was the sheer beauty of this rifle. Could be dismantled easily and carried inside a backpack with clothes and provisions though that would mess up the zeroing for obvious reasons. But who cared those days ! Ammo was cheap :D

4) .22 Webley and Scott single shot pistol. 12 inch bull barre with immaculate rifling. This was a joy to shoot and would hit anything you could see at 50 mts with open sights. This was about 90 years old and guns like these used to sell in Britain as "gallery pistol" or "bicycle pistol." I customised it with a W/E adjustable Mo-Bar sight with micro-click adjustable knobs and an orthopaedic grips for free-pistol events.

5) .32 Model 70 Beretta pistol with full steel body and four magazines with original box and factory papers. The person I bought it from had directly imported it before the ban but never fired a shot. I ditched the Bernardelli for this. Dad said "Go Ahead." This beauty travelled with me all over India, including my long stint in Delhi.

6) 12 bore double barrel gun by Jeffrey. I bought it because dad had one exactly like this when he was young. But I was never a shotgun guy. I kept it and sold it. Never even bought ammo.

7) .22 Hi Standard Model B pistol. I bought it taking loan from the bank at high interest rate because at that time I had no money. This is one pistol I have used extensively. What a shooter !!

8. .22 Colt Officer's Model Match revolver. I had to have it because I had been looking for it for 14 years. Finally found one and bought all kinds of accessories I could import from the US. This is by far my most prized possession though practically of no use, at competitions or daily carry. But what a fine example of craftsmanship !

I think I had one or two more for a very short while .... cant seem to recollect. Will edit post and update later

:cheers:

TC
Last edited by TC on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Abhijeet hi,sorry to be a wet blanket,IMHO Air Guns/Rifles are not Firearms,i know being in your position,just to make it interesting you would have added Air Guns.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Amit:

Abhijeet is asking this question in this way for a purpose. Please refer to the original post at the beginning of this thread.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 am

Anchorage wrote:

I write you all to offer my support for your efforts and encouragement from this fellow gun owner in Alaska. While I have more firearms and ammunition than the typical American gunowner, there are tens of thousands around the country who own even more than I. I have followed with interest your efforts in India to reassert your constitutional right to arms. We in the USA have also had a hard fight to re-secure and retain our constitutional rights, a fight which is ongoing to this day, and one which is opposed by a certain US official touring your country as I write this.

It is a long hard fight against the forces of ignorance, but surely freedom is worth the cost. Keep fighting the good fight!

Best Wishes to you all!
Thanks for posting, encouraging and you are very Welcome in IFG

Does not own as many as Anchorage but somewhere close but outside of your country. As much we enjoy the freedom to own guns, we always be with you guys in this fight. And in this fight more are always better, no matter any one own guns or not, wish you best - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 am

I voted "outside India."

I have less than 20. The number is kind of confusing because I have regulated receivers that I have not made into firing guns and I have many guns that fit one regulated receiver. I probably have about 15 that can go bang at the same time without mixing and matching.